main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will card prices drop or increase?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DuffMan, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuffMan

DuffMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    My question on this whole Decipher loosing its contract issue is will the prices for the cards drop or increase. Basicaly would it be wise to sell out immeadately as to avoid price decrease or hold on to the cards while their prices increase? I guess it all matters on the players, weather or not they want to continue playing the game or not. I for one am probably ganna sell out becouse I dont want to continue investing or playing a game that has no future.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Right now, I would hold out. I imagine ebay is getting flooded right now. This will automatically cause the prices to drop. If it were me, I'd wait and watch ebay--watch the things that people are selling that will be similar to what you will be selling. See how many there are of that item or set and then make your move accordingly.

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Im going to try to finish the collections I started cause im not a very good player, but thats about it.

4. DuffMan

DuffMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    Well i just went to a tourny today and the store was selling all swccg cards half off, so basicaly you can get a Mara Jade for $7 bucks now.

5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    All of which goes to show you, you can't predict the market....

IMO, prices have already peaked. Maybe not for the ultra rares and AIs, but the rest have probably peaked already. Prices should stay relatively stable until the new TCG comes out in April, and then prices should start dropping ... slowly, I think. If the TCG is a hit, prices may drop faster; if it's a flop, prices could actually go back up (but not back to the peak prices) as players come back to the original game.

Oh, and all that was for SW:CCG. Forget YJ and JK. Their prices will just continue to drop.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong ....

:)

6. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Jedi knights just sucked to begin with.

7. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    Theed Palace has dropped by 50p to £2.50 where i buy my packs from (Manchester, UK)
    but Reflections 3 is £4.50!!! (about $7.50)
    Outrageous..

8. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    My goodness that's a lot of money. ALL SW/YJ/JK cards around here are 2.99 USD a pack

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    At my local shop, all Star Wars products are half off.

10. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    at Mile High Comics, everything is 40% off, they have lots of SW stuff there, i got a cool Boba Helmet necklace there for 6 dollars lol and then I put it on my rearview window. But back to the topic, they had a lot of SWCCG Boxes there 40% in addition to their markdown. I never got a chance to even PLAY that game.

11. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I have a feeling, Once everything is basically sold. stuff in value will start going up, because you will have people who are trying to finish collections and stuff like that.

12. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Actually, at TNC where I buy my cards (TNC Online) prices went UP. They went from about 2.25 a pack to 2.79 (but the guy charged me 2.99 :eek: )

13. DuffMan

DuffMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    I suppose its all speculation at this point, hard to say what will happen. Oh by the why Bib Fortuna congradulations on you tourny win Saturday, it was fun, well except you beat me two games in a row but hey I still came in second place.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    DuffMan...can't breathe! Hehe.

Thanks for the congrats; I'm so pleased with myself that I finally managed to win a tourney.

15. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I think prices will drop since everyone is selling.

I will keep my collections but will sell the extra-stuff I kept for trading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.