Will Coruscant Recover?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    What do you think will be the fate of Coruscant, after the attack and conquest of the Yuuzhan Vong at the end of ?Star by Star????

Do you think that they Vong will ravage Coruscant, believing that the ?jewel of the Core worlds? is the epitome of what the stand against, their enemy?

If the Vong try to, or do wipe the planet clean of all it?s technology and superstructure, do you think that the Republic, IF victorious in the war, will restore the planet to it?s former glory?
  2. Art_Core Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IF the NR is victorious and takes Coruscant back it would probably take a long time for Coruscant to recover to its former "glory".
  3. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, a few centuries at least.
  4. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    It won't take that long. Coruscant was pretty devastated after Dark Empire, as well. I don't think the Vong will completely level it, because that would be a task nigh on impossible. Kilometers deep of infidel structures and tech, filled with billions or trillions of infidels.
  5. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, it will. It would take forever for the Vong to completely wipe the planet clean, and I think the NR will take Coruscant back by the war's end, so yes, I think Courscant will recover.
  6. Dominyo Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Vong could always destroy Coruscant. I doubt they would use it as a base or anything, all that infidel technology and as has been said "cleaning" it would be near impossible.

PS Shouldn't there be a spoiler warning? And the title's kinda... revealing.
  7. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    "It won't take that long. Coruscant was pretty devastated after Dark Empire, as well. I don't think the Vong will completely level it, because that would be a task nigh on impossible. Kilometers deep of infidel structures and tech, filled with billions or trillions of infidels. "

Well,they destroyed all tech on Nar Shadda.They just seed the atmosphere with micro organisms that break down metals in days.

You guys are being too optimistic.They'll have it wiped clean by the next book.

And if that's so,it would make little sense for the republic to settle back on that world.Without the technology it's dead.They'll find a more hospitable place.

(BTW ,it took thousands of years for Coruscant to get where it was....I doubt they could do it all in a few years.Also,according to the JAT sourcebook,only the Imperial City was damaged.The rest of Coruscant lay untouched)
  8. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I think because it'll have no tech, and mostlikely it'll be more healthey... unless ut's been Vonginated that try to kill humans and stufff... anyways I think they'll take it back, but not restore it to it's former "glory".
  9. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    WEll,the Vong might try to refurbish it like they did Nar Shadda and Nal Hutta.

hmm...it might actually be habitable...
  10. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    If the NR does win the war they will indeed return Coruscant to its former glory, although it may take a while.
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'll be really mad if Coruscant is beyond repair by the end of NJO...Coruscant was my favorite location in star wars...and since it's the major EU element in the prequels (yeah, Lucas came up with Had Abbadon or whatever but still got the name from Zahn) destroying Coruscant is like killing the biggest contribution the EU has made to Star Wars....and that makes me angry. I'm hoping Tsavong Lah has something special in mind for coruscant that will give the new-new republic time to reclaim it before any serious damage has been done.
  12. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sure, it'll be a green, lush planet as soon as the Vong finish tearing down all the buildings.
  13. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Remember, the reason why Coruscant was quickly repaired after prior destruction was because of the massive "city builder" droids - stories-tall repair droids with massive steel girders for arms (Anderson does a good job of describing them in JAT).

These droids will no longer exist on Coruscant after the Vong occupation. They'd be one of the first things wiped out. Therefore, it will take a long time, a very long time to restore any damage done.
  14. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    Yeah, the Vong have the stuff they used on Nar Shadda at Cour. by the end of SbS (Kyp's X-wing got whacked by it, remember)...

Now, IMHO, it would be a really bad idea to just arbitrarily do that to Cour. - and I'm a bit skeptical that they'd have enough of the stuff... also, there are trillions on Cour. - but then, I have a real bad feeling about quite how sick these people are...

OTOH, if the New Republic has any sense at all, they'll turn their damn fleet around... Tsavong Lah's sitting with a smashed fleet and no supply-lines, in orbit around a shieldless Cour. with the odd trillion of angry NR citizens on the surface...

It's like the climax of Star by Star, only in reverse, and the scarheads have nothing but scarred ships to fight with...

There has never been a better chance for the New Republic to spank ugly Yuzzy butt...

- The Imperial Ewok
  15. UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    i really enjoy reading all the discussion in this thread but i think there should be a general spoiler warning in the title or in the initial post...

no big spoilers but little things that some people do get upset over when spoiled.
  16. Truor_Tupnm Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not a huge fan of Coruscant and I don't really care if they bring it back or not, but if they were able to do that they should bring back some of the other planets that I like better first. They have to find a way to counterract all of the evil Yuuzhan Vong stupidness in these new books! Chewie is dead!
  17. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, look at Luke's vision in Rebirth. "Lines of traffic on a planet like Coruscant, but not Coruscant." or something like that. I know the future is always in motion, but I think we're probably looking at seeing a new capital.

JMA

18. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think Coruscant will recover any time soon. I wouldnt be supprised if the NR-more like whats left of it-made Corellia its capital. The Corporate Sector would be another possibility if the NR/other fractions get pushed out that far.
  19. Major Mannon Jedi Knight

star 3
    My totally baseless prediction is that they will put a dovan basal(sp?) on the planet and pull it into its sun.
  20. jastermereel Jedi Master

star 4
    It probobly wouldn't be that hard to destroy...with metal eating microbes and the crushing force of dovin basals combined with 2 moons (last i heard it was 2) it could be gone within a week...at worst a month...
  21. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the Vong will keep Coruscant. I mentioned in another thread a while back the idea I had for the world. If the Rebels eventually get it back, and it is indeed stripped down to it's surface, perhaps it could become New Ithor? I rather like that idea.
  22. Nichos_Marr Jedi Master

star 4
    With the advanced biological technology of the Yuuzhan Vong, they can clear out Coruscant. But it won't take them that long of a time to do so. The micro-organisms used at Nar Shaddaa and not to mention those space slug creatures that devoured the Duros space platform full. Coruscant being taken denies the New Republic of their name, paving the way for "Rebel Dream" and "Rebel Stand". I doubt very much that the Galactic Capital will be mentioned very much in Dark Journey, but I could be wrong.

I do think that the New Republic will take Coruscant back if they win the war, but it will most certainly not be in the condition it was in prior to it's invasion. I think in SbS Borsk set off the bomb that destroyed a good portion of Imperial Palace, Coruscant's most famous landmark. When the NR does get Coruscant back it will probably be defiled and totally different. Will Coruscant still be the Galactic Capital IF the NR wins this war? I don't think so, but again I'm no prophet..

I'm just interested to see what'll happen to good ol' Imperial Center.
  23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Maybe, say about... a couple thousand years. I bet the Vong will 'dismantle' the buildings and go to bare ground. I doubt Coruscant will recover if that happens for a long time.
  24. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    No the vong will destroy it.
  25. Darth_Iquitous Jedi Master

star 4
    I REALLY hope they do restore it. The vong will most likely wipe the surface bare of any buildings and technology. To restore the planet to its former glory would be long and tedious (it could take centuries) but they better, or find a new planet to call the capital until coruscant is taken back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.