main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Darth Maul appear in the Sequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    PK EDIT: Don't be trolling a thread. Thanks.

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Where do you get your information? Ah, the internets!

Sitara and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Um, Ventress was/is a dark jedi, never an actual sith apprentice.

It's a common misconception that she was an actual sith.

4. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012

Still butt hurt, lol. We blew two big leads in a row though. Guess it just wasn't meant to be. I hope to see us back in the NFCCG next year like you guys did. =P Good luck in New Orleans,.

5. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Ventress use to be a jedi?

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes, she was once a jedi. But that not necessarily why i referred to her as a "dark jedi" (even if she didn't have a jedi background, she would still be a dark jedi).

If your curious on the character of ventress, or what a dark jed is, you can check out these pages.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asajj_Ventress

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Jedi

7. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    but if ventress was never a jedi then i would not want to call her a dark jedi

8. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    She'd have to be called something? A force sensitive sounds a little low key for her skill level.

9. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

i want to call her a sith regardless of your silly rules

10. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Qui Gon's defiance I sense in you, need that you do not.

Sitara and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  11. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Something I posted in Whose The Baddie? As much as I don't want it to happen I think Darth Maul is a possible villain for the ST.

IGN recently did an interview with Sam Witwer, the voice of Darth Maul in TCW. There is a part where TCW supervising director Dave Filoni and George Lucas are quoted.

When discussing the future plans for Darth Maul, Dave Filoni said "So we're probably going to kill this guy after a few more episodes, yeah?" and George Lucas responded "No. No, we're not. We made that mistake once before. We're not doing that again."

Filoni and Lucas were obviously talking about the future plans for Maul in TCW and not the ST, but you never know.

Here's the link to the interview - A Tale Of Two Mauls

12. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    "Will Darth Maul appear in the Sequels?"

No

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    No, he's dead as far as the movies go.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  14. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Nope.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  15. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    DooKu = Sith and he was apprenticing her in the cartoon but said she failed him too many times/rejected her which is why she had the Nightsisters give Savage Oppress dark side magic in order to make him strong enough to kill DooKu.

As far as Maul goes, Lucas knows he messed up by killing him off in TPM but hopefully that doesn't mean he'll be robot spider Maul in Episode 7. I suppose they could have Palpatine on Naboo at the time, have him swoop Maul up in the same way he did post burned Anakin/Vader but if Lucas just had to have Maul in the treatments for EP7 I think we're screwed. Think of the potential Maul had in the prequels....Lucas could've used Maul until ROTS in so many ways it's almost pathetic he killed him off. He shouldn't make up for that by screwing up future scripts which would simply be an extension of Lucas' blunders. It works in the cartoon because other episodes of TCW sucked so bad it was just good to finally see a Sith tearing it up.

16. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I agree with all who say no. I also agree with the sentiment that he will not survive the Clone wars. Keep in mind Disney wants their own villain to create and mold. We will have an entirely new villain. Maul's time has come and gone.

TreborSabreon and yggdrasil311 like this.
  17. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Sorry...but she is NOT a Sith. Dooku , who is a Sith told her so & "corrected" her when she proclaimed herself to be one.
    This was her first appearance in th micro series.

18. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't watch the TCW cartoons... Can someone tell me how they brought Darth Maul back to life?

19. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Stupid sith magic stuff. It's was pretty lame to see some black smoke make robo-legs.

Real lame stuff clearly written poorly/as a cop-out.

Sitara, Sum-Wan and Death T like this.
  20. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Take it up with the makers of the cartoon who decided to call her DooKu's apprentice.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But that sorcery wasn't how he was "brought back to life". That was how he was given a new non-spidery lower half and had his madness cured. He was still alive before that. As to the question of how he survived Naboo, he said that he was sustained by his hatred, but there could be something more to it that has not yet been explained.

Sitara and Sum-Wan like this.
  22. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes - poor writing.
    Let's face it, they only wanted to bring him back by all means necessary because he is (for some unknown reason) popular and "cool".

Darth Maul is the Boba Fett of the Prequel Trilogy.
    But even Boba's shallow character was more developed than Maul's...
    These two are in the movies for only one reason - to appeal to that audience who places a high importance on the coolness factor of the characters -> makes easy money...

DarthMateous likes this.
  23. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    All this talk of "canon" is giving me a headache. Canon only applies to the medium it's involved with. The movies are canon to the movies. The EU is more or less an entree or dessert so the fans can whet our appetite. The 1 thing Star Wars had going for it was the fact that it was owned buy it a single person (Lucas) for the first 30 plus years. It's now owned by 1 of the largest corporations ever, which means all bets are off. For example look at Marvel and DC characters. How many times have their stories been told and retold from comics, video games, books, and movies? Anywhere from different origin stories to changing a characters race, gender, or sexuality happen from time to time. I don't think I even need to mention all the movie reboots that are running rampant nowadays. In less than a decade Batman, Spider Man, and now Superman have all been rebooted. And there's more to come. So all those out there that think the EU is set in stone... don't say I didn't warn you!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

24. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    I HIGHLY doubt he'd even make a cameo. Nor do I want him to.

I want something new and fresh. New Characters. New worlds. New bad guys.
    I'm tired of hearing all of the ideas of recycling characters from the prequels and EU into the new movies.

I want every new movie to be a NEW experience; not a slightly different, recycled version of the previous movies/TV shows/Books/Comics/ Video, etc.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Is this serious? Let me get this straight.

The series is a 9 part saga, right? (or will be)

And we're looking at Darth Maul? OK, here's how I see that;

EPI: Cool looking, but ultimately, throwaway secondary villain who dies at the end of the episode.
    EPII: Dead - he's not there or remembered, in fact he's been replaced with Darth Tyranus
    EPIII: Dead - he's not there or remembered, in fact even his replacement has been replaced.
    EPIV: Dead - he's not there or remembered, in fact his replacements replacement is still there and going strong.
    EPV: Dead - he's not there or remembered, in fact his replacements replacement is still there and doing better than in the previous episode.
    EPVI: Dead - he's not there or remembered, in fact his replacements replacement has now also perished. But further to this there can be no more replacements because the primary villain is also dead

I think I've got that right. So now let's throw some ideas in there for the *new* villain to be...

OPTION 1
    EPVII: Bring back the dead secondary villain who died in EPI

OPTION 2
    EPVII: (RE)Introduce a master villain who was briefly mentioned in EPIII, who also happens to have died

OPTION 3
    EPVII: Introduce a brand new threat

OPTION Ad Infinitum
    EPVII: Clones of other dead characters, fanfic, etc etc

Now, does anyone seriously think option 1 above is the best Disney will come up with? [face_whistling]