main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Darth Maul maintain control of Mandalore?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Chainmail_Jedi, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause Palpatine wouldn't want him to rule Mandalore, cause Maul will get stronger again.

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Well, that just makes me even more interested to pick up The Last Jedi.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Sidious is going to keep Maul right where he is and pull his strings to pull Mandelore's strings in his grand "take over the galaxy" plan, and make it so that by the end, Mandelore moves into the war somehow that will benefit Sidious and also bump off Maul when he's no longer needed.

4. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    The Mandalorians are renown for doing combat with Jedi. Perhaps He'll use them later to hunt down surviving Jedi...

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    What on earth are you talking about? Yes he did.

6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    That's the only weapon he used.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Will Darth Maul maintain control of Mandalore?

Not if anything to say about it, Bo-Katan has...

Force Goddess likes this.
  8. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Either way you cut it, at the end of Season V, Maul is conquered by Sidious. The people believe Almec is in charge. Maul runs nothing, everything Maul has is owned by Sidious because he's his slave now. So Maul is kind of out of the equation really.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well Sidious could say "Since you've got nothing left, you will maintain control of Mandalore, and not let the Republic take it from you." or something along those lines, then he'll just kill him afterwards anyway.

10. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

Vader would reply in kind.. ;)

11. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    no offense, but if Vizsla couldn't kill Maul, idk how Bo Katan can...

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely :p

Order66Survivor likes this.
  13. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Who says she has to?
    And no offense, but if Yoda couldn't kill Sidious, idk how Vader can... oh wait.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, Vader got in a cheap shot. Erm, toss.

15. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Bo-Katan could kill Maul if the writers aren't determined to have her lose the way Vizsla did. Considering he made several poor decisions such as not simply moving his flamethrower, not just shooting Maul after he'd been disarmed, and not utilizing his flamethrower or lanvarok when they were in a close-in blade lock. If he had used his kit effectively, given what skill he's otherwise shown, Vizsla could've won, and thus, so too could Bo-Katan.

Not to mention, Bo's still got a small Death Watch army. Regardless of however skilled Maul is, he's not going to emerge victorious against 20+ fully-trained, fully armed/armored Mandalorians who are determined to see him dead. Worst case scenario, they blow the palace and pick him off in the wreckage.

Order66Survivor and Darth Ibonek like this.
  16. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

NO, NO GUNS!

17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    If I'd had it my way, Bo-Katan would have been pretty much playing all of them to ascend to the proverbial throne of Death Watch. I'm not sure if it's misplaced or warped feminism that drives these guys, but women can be as vicious, calculating, and depraved as men. Why the need to whitewash or quasi-redeem all of them? Ventress, Scintel, Bo-Katan, etc. and so forth.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I sense invasions are coming and Bo-Katan is going to have alot more on here plate than just killing Maul.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    When I read the title of this thread, all I could think of is this old commercial... and this is going to really date me...
    "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? The world will never know..."
    :(

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Is that really all that dating, Mr. Owl?

But really, we do know. Maul is never heard from again throughout the course of subsequent Mandalorian affairs. Obviously this is because his miraculous return and sudden intervention into Mandalorian politics hadn't been conceived of at the time, but considering the circumstances, it's telling all the same. The New Mandalorians are broken, their government toppled and their people ushered back toward the traditional culture by Almec with Death Watch's backing. Their prominence fades away as the Mandalorian Protectors rise under Spar and Fenn Shysa, and the clans return to their former place at the forefront of the Mandalorians. Maul's only involvement is as a distant memory to those few who even knew he'd come to Mandalore.

Watto likes this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought it'd be a good idea to have Maul die in an Obi-Wan and Bo-Katan vs. Maul fight, they could do an amazing fighting scene with that! And once they've killed Maul, Mandalore is now free again. Or alternatively, while those three fight, the Mandalorians could finish off fighting the rest of Maul's Mandalorian Super Commandos, and once Maul and his Mandalorians are all dead, then Mandalore is free again.

22. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    We'll never know for sure.

23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    The Empire's going to come take control in a few months anyway, isn't it? Do we know when that Suprema guy shows up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.