main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Darth Vader Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 8, 2014.

?

Do You Think Vader Will Be Included in Ep VII?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2014.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I meant while he recorded Rebels he might have also recorded VII dialogue.:D

Django Fett likes this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I believe MSW posted a little snippet of dialogue. I think it was Rey saying to Kylo Ren that "You'll never be as powerful as Vader" or something.

starocean90 and Jcuk like this.
  3. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/teaser-wait-star-wars-force-awakens-line-film/
    it's exactly things like this that make me doubt Rey is just some random character.;)

nightangel and Krueger like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd rather see Chad at this point.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I was thinking more along the lines of something like this. Rey to Luke
    "So Master, is the legend true? IS Darth Vader your father?"

Krueger and Force Smuggler like this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Rey has to know the full story about Vader to even contemplate comparing anyone with him, but would the daughter of Leia or Luke be told of their heritage?

JEDI-RISING and starocean90 like this.
  7. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Maybe from general knowledge and whatnot? Vader certainly left his mark.

8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    My god that sent chills down my spine...

9. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I bet in a flashback but that's it

Satipo likes this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Sounds like this to me:

A new Sith apprentice leads stormtroopers (how they came together is a mystery to be solved later) to excavate areas looking for something important referred to as "it" through most of the movie. He eventually finds "it" but we don't see what "it" is.

Rey has visions of Vader. At various times, Vader is different people in these visions. She fears this vision and learns about the legacy of Darth Vader from someone important.

The Sith (Driver) is severely injured but becomes a cyborg. Near the end, he picks up the item referred to as "it" which is wrapped up. We see that "it" that he has been looking for is the badly damaged Vader helmet. This leads us to Episode 8 where Driver's character becomes Vader 2.0.....he wears Vader's damaged suit, refurbishes it to look scarier and more threatening than the first....but this suit has not yet been designed and we won't get to see it until Episode 8. (good reason to stick around to watch Episode 8, isn't it)

Incorporating the above with my description would be KILLER and, yeah, that would send chills down my spine.

11. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    My guess no. Maybe in a flashback...Anakin space ghost at the most...

12. Teaser Day

Teaser Day Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    So why isn't this thread official, since we now know Vader is in the movie???:p
    [​IMG]

with JEL confirmed for Rebels S2, I do wonder if it's possible we might actually hear Vader's voice in VII somehow???[face_thinking]

Darth Chiznuk and Satipo like this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    That's a placeholder before Kylo Ren's design was finalised I believe.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but didn't Making also say Ren holds Vader's mask at some point too so it's not a placeholder, it seems to be in the movie doesn't it??

Satipo likes this.
  16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    No, sorry, the shot of Vader with the troopers burning the village down.

The mask is in the teaser so I would say, yeah, it's in the movie.

Once we heard about Naka finding the saber, I went back and dug up Brendan Donnelly's posts from a while back when he clarified some of the first concept leaks.

Pretty much everything he said in his two articles has since been corroborated by MSW info or elsewhere. He said there would be flashbacks and Vader would appear in one of these. Now there is nothing in the MSW info that backs this up, but I have always thought a vision (which is what I'm assuming the flashbacks to be - remember Yoda's line to Luke about using the force to see the past) of some sort could be a very cool, organic and legitimate way to get Vader back into the story for a moment.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker is dead. However, anyone can be Vader. Having said that, I'm sure they won't bother returning either regardless. Kylo Ren is the new villain, and I'm sure he won't be the only one. I'm psyched to find out who and what they are.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    do you mean as part of Rose's vision with the gang???
    if so it would be cool to see loose flashes of Vader and also hear his voice and given that he seems to be the Kylo's fixation and obsession it could also give a little quick backstory to the family history, one that has a meaningful history in the Darkside.:)

19. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe, as that seems to be where it's all going down with the visions. Maybe we see Vader recovering the saber somehow. Although if any Vader stuff was shot, and the MSW info is correct, it would appear that that info was kept separate from the main schedule. Unless Vader is "Fat Cat" or the "Well-to-do gentleman". But there could also be other visions I suppose (or none!).

Here's Billy Donnelly's report on this:

http://thisisinfamous.com/sorry-to-rain-on-your-star-wars-episode-vii-rumor-parade-but/

There was a previous one that seems to have been backed up by recent info.

Interestingly, he had a third report not long after these two where he was the one that said Luke had been missing for 10 years, not 30. And he had started a new Jedi Order (Academy?) and he was so powerful he could move mountains or "bring down huge starships with the force" but something happened that made him feel the lure of the Dark Side again (he links it to the return of the Emperor in his speculation, which I suppose could be whoever his running the First Order?), and aware of the danger he could pose, he took himself into self-imposed exile. Now that kind of makes sense. But then Donnelly suggests Luke is hiding on Dagobah, which is clearly not Skellig. But I thought I would put it out there because the first part of all that could potentially line up.

Darth Chiznuk and starocean90 like this.
  20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    OK, time to eat crow.

I originally voted No.
    Obviously, since the trailer we now know he is in TFA... from a certain point of view ;)

Satipo likes this.
  21. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I just hope it feels organic to the story being told and that it doesn't feel like he's there just for fan service. I don't need nostalgia in order to love this film. In fact, I think too much fan service has the potential to hurt the film. I don't need or have a desire to relive the OT glory days. I'm ready to embrace the ST and future of SW. Throwing a dead character into the mix in a flashback, if not done smoothly, will hold TFA back. However, with that being said, if done correctly seeing a suited Vader on the big screen one last time would be badass.

22. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    So it seems that that Donnelly was fairly credible. I remember Devin Faraci berating him on Twitter about being wrong. Ha, another strike against “Mr. I suddenly have gone completely silent regarding Star Wars because I now know I was being fed garbage from day one”. It’s healthy for arrogant hypocrites to be put in their place every once in a while. Of course Faraci took the coward's way out (as I knew he would), which is instead of admitting he was wrong from day one he just opted to go silent and hope everyone would forget.

Darth Chiznuk , Rabs and starocean90 like this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    this reminds me of this
    my post from the secret history of SW.
    if Making is right his Academy is destroyed.;)

nightangel and Satipo like this.
  24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes, and if his own loved ones and friends were dead (or believed to be) that could be kind of thing to test a man's faith.

Who knows, maybe Luke hunted down the Seven and destroyed them. Probably not, but if the info is correct, whatever happens at the academy appears to be the key.

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe when Luke finds his student's dead he is so full of rage, despair, heartache, and self doubt that he succumbs to the Dark Side and exiles himself so that he wont act on the dark impulses suddenly engulfing him. Then when his daughter shows up alive it brings him back. It would be a cool but different way to mirror the OT. Instead of becoming evil like his father did, Luke does the wise thing by exiling himself. And instead of having to be redeemed by his child he's simply saved by her before needing redemption.

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.