main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Darth Vader Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 8, 2014.

?

Do You Think Vader Will Be Included in Ep VII?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2014.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    "Nooo" will be the new Wilhelm scream.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Someone should re-edit every single action film that uses the scream with the Vader Nooooo.

3. neo313

neo313 Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2004
    I would not be surprised to see young Anakin as a ghost, since GL retconned him into the ROTJ bluray. If Palps returns, it should be because of some dark force power that he learned from his master and not due to some crappy clone plotline. That being said, Palps should probably not return at all. Trying to make a carbon copy of the original films will not end well, and new villains and protagonists need to be established.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I hope and I pray not, unless it's Anakin, and it's a Force Ghost role.

5. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Well James Earl Jones says he won't return to play Vader. Damn!:

[​IMG]
    Disney is planning three new “Star Wars” sequels and a variety of spin-off films. Darth Vader may have died in “Return of the Jedi,” but is there any chance you’ll be involved in these films?

Oh no. I’ve got no illusions that I will or even hankerings to be in them, but I’m very proud to have been part of the original.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/james-earl-jones-driving-miss-daisy-star-wars-1201202690/

This doesn't mean we can't get an image or flashback of Vader but I was hoping to hear James voice again. Sad, Sad.

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    GOD please noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I hope not!

8. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Dear lord, I hope not. I hope we've heard the last of that.
    I've come to accept just about every alteration made to the OT over the years, but the addition of the "Nooooo" in ROTJ is not permissible, IMO.
    Not only does it undermine the dramatic tension of the scene, it just sounds...dumb. :rolleyes:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com

9. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I think a plotline with someone using Vader-style armor to impersonate him and strike fear into the galaxy could be fun.

Would set up a really interesting guessing game for who is in the suit if there are limited force users in the galaxy still. Maybe one of the kids.

10. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Here's a shocking idea: Come up with a NEW iconic villain. :eek: That way, we won't need to see Darth Vader.

I'm not sure why this is even a viable topic. The ST needs to stand on its own legs, not bring back dead villains/heroes. It needs something NEW.

We might see Anakin as a ghost, but even then he's not Vader anymore. I don't think even Disney would insist on quite honestly a ludicrous idea as bringing the masked Vader into the ST.

However...this is what the stand alone spinoff movies are for. We're much more likely to see full blown Darth Vader (and Darth everybody else) in those movies (assuming some of them take place in the past of course).

11. Mata2010

Mata2010 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2013
    Force ghost Anakin- most likely. Sometime in the ST, not necessarily VII. Darth Vader- impossible. He's long gone!
    I know some peeps might not like what I'm about to say, but, I definitely see Hayden being called up by Disney in the next couple of years to shoot a force ghost scene.

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I really don't see how he could be in the movie. After all we do see him at the end of ROTJ w/Yoda & Obi-Wan, so a physical manifestation wouldn't make any sense. As a flashback...I don't know. Luke made his peace w/Anakin. I could see maybe Anakin appearing though as a Force ghost.

13. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Nope shoehorning him into the sequel episodes doesn't make any sense when they have all the once a year spin offs to squeeze him into..

It certainly makes sense from a Disney/LFL viewpoint

My opinion is that Vader is an antique now,he should be used sparingly in the future and keep his vibe alive..less is more,the way they hint to only holograms in the rebels cartoon is genius implication of this concept,ominous presence but not taken to absurd levels,or to an effect to lessen the character..

Darth PJ likes this.
  14. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Funniest thing I've read here. I can't wait to hear it in Indiana Jones!

15. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    While his performance was less than stellar in Episode II, Hayden Christensen was quite good in Episode III (minus that awful "Only because I'm so in love with you" scene that even Natalie was bad in). Now that he replaced Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi, is it possible to think that he and even Yoda may appear as force ghosts? It seems possible. Alec Guiness is gone, so I would say Obi-Wan will not be making an appearance in the ST. But considering that Anakin is the central figure of the entire saga thus far, it would only make sense for him to appear in the ST as well.

Think about it, a trilogy about his childhood/adolescent years, a trilogy about his adulthood, and a trilogy about his afterlife. In terms of story it would be nice as long as Luke is still the primary character in the ST.

What do we think? Would we all be open to Hayden reappearing much as Obi-Wan did? What about Qui-Gon? He also learned the power to return from the netherrealm of the Force. I would be open to Qui-Gon, Yoda and Anakin all returning. I wouldn't be against Padme returning as long as they include in her in a good way.

Mata2010 and Darth PJ like this.
  16. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I could see him doing a brief cameo, like a nightmare, or something like the Dagobah cave sequence in ESB. But that's it.

Please, no Anakin force ghost. I'm iffy on the force ghosts in general and I especially don't want to see Anakin. They already have a very large and wonderful cast of characters in this film who will be competing for limited screentime as it is.

17. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Disney knows that it has a golden mascot in Vader. As long as Star Wars is in the public consciousness they will be able to sell as many Vader toys as they want.

At this point he is as popular in the public consciousness as Mickey Mouse is, and you don't see Disney going out of its way to put Mickey on the big screen. They know that all they need to do is not screw up for Vader to continue to be a tent-pole figure. This is why I think they will have faith in Lucasfilm to use him correctly.

18. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I think it's brilliant.

It rachets it up and sounds great.

Immortiss likes this.
  19. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Padme as a force ghost or what?

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe we"ll see armor with touches of Vader's.

Django Fett and Krueger like this.
  21. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Maybe in a flashback or something. I have a deep love for Natalie and I think it would be nice for her to get to really show what she can do as an actress. In Black Swan she showed what a terrific actress she really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mata2010 and darklordoftech like this.
  22. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I like this idea. Having a Batman/Bruce Wayne type character in Star Wars. It would even mirror the PT somewhat with Palpatine/Sidious. Except using the Vader suit to bring fear to his opponents.

One problem I see with that though is wouldn't the Jedi recognize this person's fighting style whenever they did fight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I was thinking along those lines, too.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I can see Anakin's Vader appearing in a flashback/dream scene (Jedi's can see the future, why not see the past?).
    Also if Luke and Leia opted to keep Vader's identity secret, a protagonist could wear the Vader custom to instill fear in a galaxy who'd think Vader has returned.

However,going to be bit creative here....since the force created Anakin, it could very well be plausible the force could also reincarnate him as well to finally "bring balance the force".... An Anakin, Luke and grandson vs Sith lightsaber duel could be spectacular.... if done right.

Cheers, K

25. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Notice how he didn't mention Rebels.

I think he will be back to voice Vader once he shows up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.