main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will David Prowse have a role?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darthbane2007, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Will he have a role, or has he burned his bridges with Star Wars yet?

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    No unless they need a janitor.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Even though GL is not directing, he's still somewhat involved with Episode VII.

No chance in hell Prowse will be in it. And what for? Vader is dead.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Prowse could play Darth Vader's evil twin brother Barf Vadork who is an alcoholic Irishman who resembles all of the stereotypes of an Irishman.

kainee, FRAGWAGON and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  5. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

He could play Chad Vader Store Manager.....

-C

Poor Greedo likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes! Because Star Wars needs more Chad Vader commentary.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I will say though that if an entertaining role is brought in for this guy I'll be happy with it. He is the guy who wore the suit for one of our favorite characters after all.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Since Lucas isn't directing I think he'd do a cameo if asked. Doubt he'd have an actual role though.

9. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Absolutely no way would they allow him back. Prowse has a habit for shooting his mouth off, but doesn't have the acting cred to compensate for it.

kainee likes this.
  10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    At 78yo I doubt he will have any part in ST .

11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    If anything, he'd cameo as a separate, non-Vader character ala Bulloch in ROTS

12. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    He will play Boba Fett's corpse.

13. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I hate to say it, but I met him at a comic store signing before the prequels...and he was kind of a jerk.
    On the plus side, the line was only about ten people long and I now have a signed 12" Vader in my collection.
    Of course, he wrote "The REAL Darth Vader!" on it, which I regrettably failed to mention to him that he was in fact one of Four REAL Vader's,
    if you include James Earl Jones, Hayden, and Sebastian Shaw...but I digress. No, he won't be in it.

kainee, DarthBoba and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I had heard he was banned from any Lucasfilm to-do... He's one of many old British actors who hates Star Wars

15. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    They should bring him in as a cameo. And he should rough someone up and say

"Hey! Get them into the cargo ele *looks at camera #2* Vader."

Followed by two blinks, a shove, some Chewie arghhhoOhohhhoI'ing and Threepio saying "I've got a bad feeling about this....".

And scene! [face_party]

LunarMoth likes this.
  16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, not a chance. Dude's persona non grata as far as LFL is concerned.

The only real Darth Vader is Bob Anderson wearing the suit with James Earl Jones talking, btw. Obscenely beautiful swordsmanship and utterly menacing voice ftw. ^_^

yodasbum, kainee and yggdrasil311 like this.
  17. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Whining about your ex-boss not paying you as per what you claim was in a contract *does* have the effect of making you a pariah.

18. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    TRUE STORY:

Back in 1999 I lived in Colorado, about a mile away from the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. This is where they held Celebration I. For those of you who were not there, it was a great time as the first installment of the PT was about to hit. It was rainy and muddy, and the show was split bewteen a few different buildings and tents. You couldn't avoid wet feet and cold if you tried, but everyone was in happy spirits. Everyone but Dave Prowse.

One of the handfull of structures housing the show was a tent set up kinda like a Star Wars flea market on one side, and small stage with PA system for some Q and A sessions with some of the, shall we say........ lesser known Star Wars stars on the other. The two side were separated with a makeshift curtain if I recall correctly. While shopping and/or browsing the dealer side of the room, you could hear the interviews through the PA from the other side.

Smack dab in the middle of the flea market was a table with Dave Prowse signing for fans. He did have a nice crowd as many folks were excited to see and meet him. Most of them, including myself were not aware that he would be appearing at the show, so that was cool. I had met him before, so I waited until the line died down before I headed over to say hello. I didn't have anything for him to sign (already had signed DV figure at home!) nor did I have any money left to buy an 8x10 from him. By the time I got back to him, the room had cleared out, and he was sitting at the table by himself with no line and no handler at the table with him.

I walked up to the table and said hello. We had a nice little conversation about some Star Warsy things, and then it happened.......

What I didn't know at the time was that the room cleared out because Ray Park was scheduled for a Q and A at that time. Darth Maul was the new SW bad guy and people were stoked. Prowse's table was very close to the curtain separating the dealer area from the Q and A side of the room, so the PA was quite loud. The MC for the Q and A hit the stage and and introduced Park to the audiance.....

"Please welcome......the newest Star Wars villian....... the Dark Lord of the Sith!!! Darth Maul himself...Ray Park!!!"

As Park walked out on the stage, they played The Imperial March over the PA. Prowse went batpoop crazy!!!! He started swearing up and down something to the effect of "Who the **** does this kid think he is?..... Thats my theme!!!! Vaders Theme!! Nobody even knows this kid!!" I thought he was joking at first, but when I laughed, he turned it on me!! "Did you know about this?" he screamed at me. He screamed like a crazy old man!!! I kid you not.

It was hilarious, scary, and sad all at the same time. He stormed away just as a buddy of mine made his way over to me. My friend looked at me and said I had a look on my face like I had just seen a ghost. I guess he kinda scared me a little with his outburst. I couldn't even describe what had just happened.

True Story

kainee and FRAGWAGON like this.
  19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...that's crazy. But you know, it fits right in with all the stories I've heard.

I wonder if situations like that are what prompted him to start signing his autographs as "David Prowse IS Darth Vader."

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  20. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I heard the nicest Star Wars celeb is Kenny Baker. Fisher very nice as well from what I hear.

yodasbum likes this.
  21. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Correct, Kenny Baker is awesome, shared a few drinks with him and his partner one evening after a con and he really couldn't be more friendly & funny.

In regards to Prowse, with everything I've heard, read and witnessed I'd be surprised if they let him anywhere near Star Wars again. Sad really.

22. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    When I met Dave, he was pretty chill. We were well into the PT by then, so he seemed content just soaking up whatever fan limelight he had. It was cool to meet him, got a signed Vader pic ("David Prowse IS Darth Vader!"), he also signed my "Vampire Circus" lobby card and was glad someone mentioned another film besides SW. He was a little intimidating to approach, as he looked like a heroin addict that hasn't slept since 1977. Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker were, by far, the "coolest" with the fans. Prowse seemed like he was 'trying' to be more 'with it' or whatever, perhaps trying to show he wasn't such a bad guy. A bit cantankerous and 'scowly,' but pretty cool nonetheless.

Edit: Come to think of it, he's like the Old Guy that screams at kids to get off his lawn. Harmless and everyone knows what a nut he is, and he doesn't care if anyone thinks so.

23. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    So why exactly has he been banned from any Lucasfilm events? Was it a culmination of things?

24. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Whups. After reading some of these posts regarding Prowse's sig, I dug out my signed Vader to double check it. It does in fact read, "David Prowse IS Darth Vader!". I guess my memory was off on that one. My point above still stands though. He was a Jerk.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  25. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    I always figured it started with him slipping around ROTJ that Vader died. Then, it progressed through all his bizarre accusations of being promised screentime sans helmet in ROTJ only to be wronged by them stuffing Sebastian in there. On and on through the years of how shabbily he was treated until he finally complained that Lucas owed him money because of some alleged clause in his ROTJ contract. That stuff adds up. Didn't he raise a stink about not being invited to be In The Suit in ROTS? I seem to remember some such news bit around here back then.

He is just a poor victim of circumstance, forever sitting at that folding card table, charging $20 a pop for his signature, one man fighting The Man, a lone voice of reason amid a sea of lies...etc, etc.

kainee likes this.