main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Disney do a superbowl Episode 7 trailer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh good Lord, please no.....[face_praying] After recording an entire episode of the OC to see the trailer for ROTS, I am not going to watch a bunch of guys run and tackle and give each other concussions over a peice of pigskin to see the next one. :rolleyes:

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's usually on youtube within hours nowadays :p

3. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Rugby has small pockets of interest here. (I worked with a girl who was on the American women's team - she was constantly bruised and battered). But it's not big. Really it's all American football, basketball, baseball, with smatterings of soccer and hockey here and there (boxing used to be significant, not so much anymore).

4. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I have played both sports, they are both fun but American Football is by far the more grueling sport. Wearing pads and helmets allows for harder collisions and being able to throw your body around in ways you wouldn't do if you didn't have a helmet and pads on. People who play rugby in America are usually the guys that aren't talented enough to play competitive football.

5. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Can't wait. Eagles vs. Chiefs in Super Bowl XLVIII. Can't wait to watch my Eagles win AND watch a teaser for Star Wars - Episode VI: Curse for Dexter Jettster.

So stoked. So completely bat-poopie insane.

6. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Well this didn't happen. Can we ban whoever started this thread?! Probably a bothan...

7. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I would have loved a random shot of Hammill at home, eating chips and 7-layer dip, while sitting in a recliner, looking at the camera and saying, "It's good to be the king!"

8. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I hope not. Neither the game nor the ads every 30 seconds are worth sitting through for even that.

Although, it's easy enough nowadays to just set a Twitter alert for whenever someone essentially uploads/posts links to the trailer within a minute of it airing anyways.

9. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    Like Disney and Lucasfilm can't afford 19 million

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Super Bowl of 2016 .... A 1min spot .

11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Dude, we had to watch the freaking O.C. to see a trailer back in my day - be thankful Super Bowl at least other entertaining commercials to tide you over.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

The padding makes the game more violent, not less. The size, speed and wide open nature of the game leads to some of the most violent hits in sports. I've seen that argument raised many times, and it is completely off base

And right now the NFL has a big problem on their hands regarding the long term viability of the game and player safety.

There are no wimps in football

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  13. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I wasn't suggesting that it is a game for wimps. I was merely mentioning to Julius Vernon that that is a common misconception here in the UK.

14. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Indeed, concussions and brain damage is a big controversy for the NFL right now. The commissioner of the NFL Roger Goodell has drastically changed the game in recent years to try to make the game safer. One of the proposed solutions was to remove helmets from the game in thoughts that players would not lead with their head while making a hit, and there would be more arm tackling like rugby. I seen a study that said the average football hit generates 3x more pounds of force than the average rugby hit.

15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

Fair enough! To answer your question, Rugby does get some attention here as a niche sport. There are Rugby leagues and what not. It's got a following. It is much smaller then compared to the four major American pro sports. Those being Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey.

Nascar is also very big.

16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    If they took away the helmets, people would die.

Anywho, you wouldn't need to watch the game to see the spot. In today's world it would be available on the internet in a nanosecond. That's how they market movies today

17. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I agree, the theory was that players would stop launching themselves like torpedo's and leading with their heads if they didn't have the protection of a helmet.

18. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    They definitely can afford it, I just don't think they will pay for a full trailer when they can generate the same amount of hype with a 30 second or 1 minute spot. I really hope they do show a full trailer though, I love football and I always watch the Super Bowl even if my team isn't playing in it.

For sure, I watched the Iron Man 3 preview online right after it was shown during the Super Bowl.

19. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    true, honestly a 1 second clip would still generate more than enough hype!

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Will Disney do a superbowl Episode 7 trailer?

Yes.