main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Will Disney ever remake the Prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ezekial, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    Just pretend that they didn't happen, and were just a bad dream, like how this

later gave way to this

2. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Are you asking if they will remake them or if we hope they will? None of us can know if they plan to remake them.

3. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Good lord in heaven.... NO!

4. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    First of all, neither version of the Fantastic Four is highly regarded. lol

Anyways, I'm sure the prequels could be made better. A lot of movies could. But time is of the essence if they were to remake the PT. The OT actors that appeared in the PT won't always be around to reprise their roles and create a cohesive saga. Imagine if they had to recast Ian McDiarmid. You may end up with a better movie still... but the original PT would still have something over the new one. If not with performance, at least with how the character in the PT syncs up with the character in the OT. The same goes for if we had actors replacing the voices of Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels or James Earl Jones.

5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Only if they remake all six films so that they actually match.

6. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Ick, no thank you.

7. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    The very notion of it makes me wanna throw-up in a Chinese kid's baseball cap.

Darkslayer and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  8. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I have nothing to add, but just wanted to say that I love that pic of Natalie in your avatar!

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, they won't

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    No I don't think Disney will remake the Prequels and it wouldn't be a very smart decision business wise if they did.

Disney/Lucasfilm would most likely alienate over 2 billion people in the fanbase if they ever decided to completely remake the PT.

11. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    [face_worried]...Don't give them any ideas, please.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There's no reason for them to do a remake...at least right now when it comes to the Saga. Yes, the Saga. The OT is just as likely to get a remake as the PT. And only because they've run the well dry with regards to the material. Since Lucas never scraped the bottom of the barrel like Paramount did with Trek, Disney can make it run a lot longer before they jump on the remake bandwagon.

As to "Fantastic Four", that film was never intended to be released. The rights holder for the films in the early 90's needed to make a film in order to retain the rights, which is what that film was. It was only leaked out as bootleg because someone opted to do that. Once Fox gained the rights, they pushed to get a film done and it eventually happened. So technically it isn't a remake.

13. Darth Odin

Darth Odin Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2013
    Remake or not pt remake is a horrible idea almost as worst the star trek reboots which were not even watchable

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  14. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    No remakes, period! Small changes here and there is one thing, but the bulk of each film should remain as it is.

15. LordThanatos

LordThanatos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 18, 2013
    Remakes? No thanks. I like them as they are. The only thing I'd welcome are some improved CGI in certain scenes in the PT. Other than that, remakes would be like giving the finger to Lucas and all millions of fans of the PT.

16. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    I don't think they would dare incur the wraith of the Star Wars fans out there...

17. Ezekial

May 24, 2002

No, they would incur great joy. You know what gets people mad? Greedo shot first. That and shiny ADD CGI in the Original trilogy.

There really is no love for the prequels at all.

18. CommanderDrenn

Oct 19, 2013
    *I* like them. I'm sure many people do, but let's not start a war here.

19. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I love the prequels. And I don't really care who shot first if I'm really honest.

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013

I think he was joking

Or just intentionally trying to troll us lol

21. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I like the prequels too, though I admit some of the narrative's a little stale in comparison to the OT. Lucas even admitted he focused too much on politics in Episodes I and II, and wound up having to cut some things from Episode III he'd really wanted to use. Apparently, the bulk of his 1973 backstory treatment was included in "Sith", so the first two prequels were largely an expansion of the original ideas.

Revious Nugo and Barbecue17 like this.
  22. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I was gonna say "you must be new here", but then saw your joined date. I'm scratching my head now.

Also, I'm glad Greedo shot first.

Darkslayer and Seagoat like this.
  23. Ezekial

May 24, 2002
    Greedo shooting first was an utter travesty. Why are people even arguing...for it?

For starters...it was so badly unconvincingly done. Like, in the frame, you see Han's head tilt unnaturally, as if some teenaged kid had done a cardboard cutout of the head and jilted it to the side.

And of course, it messed with a character-building event for the story...and made no sense...and was ridiculous....

Barbecue17 likes this.
  24. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    There's actually a lot of people who like them ;)

Plus, if Disney ever remakes the PT, they will have the temptation to remake the OT as well, would you like that?

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed. That point aside, one scene gets altered in Star Wars and that gets called an utter travesty... yet, we are supposed to act like the PT never happened? The utter travesty is in the suggestion that those three films need re-imagining.

Lock of the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.