main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will Disney give Star Wars the Avenger treatment?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by fenton, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    This came up in another thread, and I just wanted to get more people involved and get more opinions on this. Obviously what will happen to the current EU when the ST is released is something that many Star Wars fans are interested in. I wonder if we can look at another big Disney franchise Marvels Avengers, as a template to what we might see happen to Star Wars.

Avengers is biggest property that Disney owns through Marvel and there is a TONE of Avenger material out there. In the world of comics there are the New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers Assemble, Secret Avengers, Might Avengers, Young Aveners and Ultimate Avengers. There is the movie Avengers (3 biggest movie of all time I believe?) and 4 lead in movies, NONE of which are in the same continuity as any of the on-going comic book series. So the movie is clearly able to co-exist with print material is very different. On top of that there is the Earths Mightest Heroes cartoon series, which doesn't tie into the movie or the on-going comics OR the movie. Plus those movies and the cartoon series both have comic book series which tie into them, but have nothing to do with each other or the other comics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decides to treat Star Wars in a similar way. Turn Luke, Han, Leia and co. into icons like Cap, Ironman and Thor, and produce material that takes those icons and do things with them, and if they don't all fit together.....who cares? Make movies that have books and/or comics that tie into them, but why not continue on with the current EU book series, if it makes money at the same time? Treat the tv shows the same way. Include some elements to make them "Star Wars", but a cartoon doesn't have to include/take into account every single book and comic and movie out there, just like the Avengers cartoon doesn't. This also gives them more versions of the characters to sell as toys and on products. Jedi Master Luke, OT Luke, Cartoon Luke etc...

Ultimately, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Disney gives Star Wars the "Avenger" treatment.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, the Avengers material certainly does have a tone to it...

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think there are plenty of threads already we can have this conversation in.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.