main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will Disney/Lucasfilm remake Episodes I-III and/or IV-VI?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bighairedaristocrat, Feb 27, 2013.

1. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    /Film had an interesting article yesterday proposing that Lucasfilm should remake Episodes I-III after finishing up with VII-IX.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-new-star-wars-movie-idea-remake-prequels/

I personally have very mixed feelings about the proposal. Hollywood remakes movies all the time. On the one hand, most of us consider these movies "sacred." But on the other, the popularity of the series and the fanbase almost makes remaking these movies a "no-brainer" for Disney. They would make a killing. I think its an interesting idea, but i think if they did that, they should remake all six episodes. I love the OT, and aspects of the PT, but it would be awesome to see a more "consistent" saga with alternative takes on the prequels.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I don't think they'll just remake the prequels - I think they'll go for the whole reboot. But not for a good few years yet. IMO. [face_peace]

4. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Padme501st likes this.
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No - just NO.

It's just more prequal bashing bull from disgruntled 'fan boys' - let go of your hate people, soon there will be another series of films that you can lay all of your personal life's disappointment's on.

6. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Waste of time and money

Padme501st and DarthBreezy like this.
  7. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I may prefer the OT over the PT, but even I don't want them to do a remake. There really is no reason for it. There were enough actors in that trilogy to make their character Iconic with Obie-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Palpatine. A remake would be pointless to me, and I roll my eyes whenever someone recommends doing it. A straight fix wouldn't fix the main problems with the trilogy which were mainly found in the plot. Other issues like Hayden Christensen were just the really noticeable things to express frustration over.

Do a remake ages from now when you have whole flocks of generations that no longer even know what Star Wars is. No need to reinvent the wheel that everyone is still using and enjoys.

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Rebooting or remaking any movies, much less any movie in the SW saga would be mistake. Just think of how much uproar there was when another SE came out for the OT.

9. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    One does not simply 'remake' a star wars movie. We have to let the prequels stand as they are, including the often times cringe worthy dialogue :) They are flawed movies for sure, but I think that they are still good ones overall. I'd much rather they focus on moving the story and world forward, rather than re-telling stories that we already know.

Episode Swag, Padme501st and Axys like this.
  10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
  11. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Truer words were never spoken.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

I agree... no remakes, of either the PT or the OT.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Not happening.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I say yes.

The PT were terrible films, that in no way matched up with the OT and yet their is a story there, a good story it should be told and make sure it matches so it CAN be viewed as 1 whole saga.

15. Axys

Axys Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    It can be viewed as 1 whole saga, the only lacking parts are the years between movies, but spend an entire day, watch ep. 1-6 and you have the saga as it is now. Let's just hope that Disney decides to move ahead and not keep it and tease us with their promises of cake, in which no cake is given... (G.L.A.D.U.S)

Episode Swag and Padme501st like this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I say yes too. From a business perspective it might be a smart move, from a personal perspective it gives me the opportunity to chose. What's not to like?

17. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I don't see Star Wars like those comic books or regular books that get remade every so often. The story started as a movie and the movies made, with the flaws they may have, IS the story. Everything around it is secondary and based from that, not vice versa. I just think it would be a bad idea but I can see where it could happen cause of the popularity of reboots nowadays.

18. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Taking time a way from telling new stories we haven't heard yet. I already know what happens in the PT. I don't need to hear it again with some different visual and new actors who don't look like the characters already put in our minds.

Episode Swag and DarthBreezy like this.
  19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Just wanna make it clear, I do not endorse a reboot/remake. I do think it is inevitable though

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Good point.
    Tbh. though I'd be more interested in a prequel reboot than I'd be in Boba spinoffs.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Sure - lets remake Psycho while we're at it - Oh wait...How about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.... Hmmmm, not good there either, huh? Clash of the Titans.... oops!

Yeah, let's not go there....

22. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not a long enough timespan anyway. Hollywood usually remake films several decades after the original film was released. Hard to believe but ROTS was only 8 years ago. Occasionally you hear something good on these websites but often the writers write total and utter bull**** or they take stuff we already know and present it as a revelation because that's what they're paid to do. Oh well. Everybody's got to make a living somehow.

23. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I definitely want them to get more creative than a Boba Fett movie, but a remake has zero creativity this close to the originals.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    True again. It would be about as creative as taking any existing material and making a movie out of it (KotoR for instance). But I don't care. I was disappointed with the prequels. It would be egoistical to favor a remake, but who am I kidding? When it comes to SW I am egoistical just like most other fans.

Axys likes this.
  25. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Remaking the first two trilogies? Bad idea, from my perspective. And unnecessary.

Padme501st and Julius Vernon like this.