main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Durge be in the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Cyclone, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    The Cartoon Network Clone Wars introduced us to three new villians.

1. Asajj
    2. Durge
    3. Grevious.

As we have seen, two of those have continued on in the Clone Wars series. But Durge has yet to appear. The Dark Side only has three Baddies at this time (Well Four if you Count Sidious, but so Far he has been nothing but a hologram). Assajj has been pretty weak, only suceeding in one episode, Grevious has pretty much failed at every turn, and even Dooku has talked big but accomplished little.

Will Durge appear to bolster the Separatists' score?

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    For the last time, no! At least according to the creators when asked the same question at the last comic-con.

3. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    God I hope not, he was just ridiculous, at least in the Gennedy series, never read any comics.

And saying Asajj is weak is unfair, so far she has a 50% success rate, but let's not turn it into that kind of thread ^^

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That's because Anakin killed him. Launched him into a sun, in fact.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    We need to see more character building with Durge if they do show him. I felt he was one of the best things in Clone Wars that were introduced. Too bad we didn't get to hear him talk though. He sort of reminds me of Boba Fett and Darth Maul in a way.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He was essentially replaced by Grievous (it was Durge who was originally supposed to return in Chapter 20, not introduce Grievous), so it's unlikely we'll see him.

7. Phobus

Phobus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2008
    Durge died near the end of the clone wars,when General Grievous was still new to the clone wars,he cut off Durge's head.After recovering a couple months later, he fights Kit Fisto and Plo Koon,they might show that as an episode, or when he gets killed by Anakin and Obi-Wan.That or there just not going to show him in the Clone Wars.

8. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Durge was silly. They should have just used the Pillsbury Doughboy thing from Ghostbusters.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Durge served his purpose, but no I do not want to see him back. He was what he was. I already have problems with Grevious been a weak coward. At least in Genndy's cartoon and LOE he was the bad ass I knew he could be. But now that is past tense.......

We have ROTS, GL and of course the new clone wars series which is a higher level of canon

10. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    NO MORE DURGE!

Yeah, I didn't relly like him, we don't need to see him in the new series. His fate is already revealed in the Obsession comic series.

11. Cyclone

Apr 29, 1999
    Bah! You all stink! :D

Durge could easily be a kick ass bad guy in the Clone Wars. As far as him being killed in the EU, that doesn't hold too much water when it comes the CW series, especially with timelines the way they are. Besides, to those who watched the Cartoon Network CW series, it for all purposes appeared that Asajj was killed by Aniken, but she's here anyway.

I hope good old Spaghetti arms returns. You can't tell me that you weren't thinking WT*? when OBIWan plunged his saber into Durge's gut and Durge just broke out a laugh.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Boy, I hated Durge. What a dumb character. Oh yeah, he's UNKILLABLE!! Wow, what an exciting character concept. So you can blow him up every week and he'll simply regroup his sorry spaghetti arse once again for the next one. Durge was just one of the many stupid concepts of the micro-series which caused me to disregard it completely.

13. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I hope not.

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I actually want to see Durge in TCW. I think if would be cool to see a sepratist victory with Durge commanding commando droids.

15. Cyclone

Apr 29, 1999
    Not only should be we see Durge in TCW, but hopefully it would be a three part series. Perhaps they should even give him a Sith Name.

16. ILuvJarJar

Oct 19, 2008
    Ya a three part saga like the Malevolence saga would be nice.

17. Cyclone

Apr 29, 1999
    Yeah, after that, they can kill him off. I will have been satisfied.

18. ILuvJarJar

Oct 19, 2008
    But alot of JCF posters dont have taste, and would not want to see the perfect sepretist weapon in action.

We will just have to wait for David or George to read this post...any second.......

19. JediMasterNicholas25

JediMasterNicholas25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2009
    LOL
    I read on Wookiepedia that it said Durge was supposed to appear in the series sometime, it said on Plo Koon's page or it might have been Kit Fisto's, but they are supposed to work together against Durge. It ought to be interesting to see him in 3D.

20. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Durge was in the comics first. He had his powers in the comics first. And the Micro-series kicked ass. Gry Sarth, you hate Samurai Jack as well?

21. Phobus

Phobus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2008
    How many times did Durge get "killed"?

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Micro-Series, as it did with many other characters' abilities, exaggerated what Durge could do- he wasn't really an organic T-1000 in the comics like he was in the cartoon. Just a decentrailized nervous system that could rapidly heal so that he couldn't be killed by slicing, dicing, shooting or stabbing.

Durge, to my knowledge has only "died" twice- his defeat in the Micro-Series (an encounter which he clearly survived) and his actual death when Anakin shoots him into a star (unless you count his far older defeat where the Mandalorians captured and tortured him for who knows how many years). He didn't have many appearances beyond 3 Republic issues and Obsession, as well as the Micro-Series and one (or two?) of the Clone Wars Adventures digests short stories (like where he and Ventress fight Grievous for command of the droid armies). He had a mention or two in HoloNet News, and Grievous named his major core-ward assault towards Duro "Operation Durge's Lance".

23. JediMasterNicholas25

JediMasterNicholas25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2009
    I have to agree, I personally like the new one WAY better, the old one was just so far, I mean, Mace killing an ENTIRE ARMY OF SBDS WITH HIS BARE HANDS, did you hear me? BARE HANDS, I think that kind of made it far off, plus I mean Durge: Got sliced into pieces, got blew up from the inside, got his head chopped off by Grievous (comic) got shot into a star by...ANAKIN, and not even the LIKEABLE Anakin, yeah. I say scrap the entire other stuff and start over nice and fresh with the new one, its so much better already. Ooh Grievous killed a bunch of Jedi AT ONCE with 6 LIMBS ALTERNATING, uh huh, sure VERY believable. I like the new Grievous better, it just fits his ROTS character better, he does kick some arse like in Lair.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but SOMEONE needs to stand up for the awesomeness of the new one, really, the old Clone Wars was so messed up and confusion with all the comics, books, shows, everything was overwhelming, I think its time to start over fresh
    Again this is just my personal opinion. I make make a Pros and Cons list of the good and bad in each series later on, because yeah the old one had some good parts.

24. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i would love to see Durge. Especially if they make him the loudmouth Lobo-ripoff from the comics.

I was also disappointed that Ventress killed that Senate guard traitor. He could have been a cool non-alien villian.

25. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing Durge in at least one episode of the new series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.