Will Episode III be like the "Transformers Movie" to kids who like the "Clone Wars"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by waheennay, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
    When I was a kid, my favorite show was "The Transformers" and when I saw "The Movie" in 1985. The animation was ten times better than on TV and the drama was so much greater. All the Autobots that I loved on the show, Ironside, Wheeljack, etc. died in the first ten minutes and finally in the ultimate fight with Megatron, Optimus Prime was killed. It seems silly now but I actually cried at his death scene where he gives the "Matrix of Leadership" to Ultra Magnus. Will kids who love the Clone War cartoon and get attached to the Jedi characters like Kit Fisto and Mace Windu react the same way when they possibly get killed in Episode III?

Edited slightly for content.
  2. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All I can say is I hope so. I just want more people to enjoy Star Wars, and making a cartoon is a good way of doing this to bring in more fans.
  3. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    It wasn't really enjoyed do much though, which is why GI Joe backed off from having central characters die in there movie. It was one of those "Bambi's mom" moments.
  4. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Just gotta say, 'Transformers: The Movie' is great. :D
  5. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "You've got the touch, you've got the power!"

It also has the greatest soundtrack of bad 80s hard rock and metal of ALL TIME.

Yes, when Optimus died the entire theatre was like "WTF? He can't die!"
  6. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, they were also originally going to have Duke killed in the "GI:Joe" movie but because of kids being upset over Optimus, he only went into a coma.
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I hope that the kids don't think that the movie is based on the cartoon.
  8. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think they will, I'm sure most of them will have heard of Star Wars already ;)
  9. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I don't think they will have the same reaction to TF:TM. The movie and show were both animated, thus linked visually.

CW and EP3 will be distinct from one another due to the live action/animation difference.

I think the only comparison that could ever concievably happen would be if they made a follow-up animated CW movie for the theater or straight-to-video. Then you might have a Transformers-like situation.

Even then, it'd be tough to make adirect comaprison, since Transformers: The Movie is such a classic and so highly revered.
  10. GreedoCMZ Force Ghost

star 4
    I can imagine it now: sitting in a theater in May 2005 and hearing some 5-year old kid say, "Look, R2-D2 looks just like he did in the cartoon."
  11. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I don't think they will, I'm sure most of them will have heard of Star Wars already

There are a lot of kids for who this will be the first time they've ever come into contact with Star Wars. The same thing came with Episode I, some people had never seen the originals...
  12. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are a lot of kids for who this will be the first time they've ever come into contact with Star Wars. The same thing came with Episode I, some people had never seen the originals...

Contact maybe, but *everyone* has at least heard of Star Wars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.