main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Apr 14, 2004.

?

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

64.5%
  2. No

35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    That's a tough question to answer, but from what I've heard thus far: it's got the potential to be the best! Plus, I'm leaning towards yes; it probably will out do all the other films.

2. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    I vote YES because the set up is perfect for it to be the BEST in the series and it's the PIVITOL bridge between the PT and the OT.

Certainly the most anticipated Star Wars movie ( for me at least) and I've been with StarWars since '77 at the ripe old age of ten.

AOTC is now my second favorite SWs movie replacing ANH and is only beaten by TESB by a minor margin.

EPIII should dethrone TESB as the best StarWars ever!

3. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    yes.

if they can pull it off, which im sure they will,...it will not be a let down

4. Darth-Ryan

Darth-Ryan Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    I voted Yes

Im like you DarthNomis

AOTC is my 2nd favorite and ESB 1st

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Interesting poll results. Revealed the 3SA's feelings are.

6. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Yes. It's like a Star Wars fan dream come true with all the fighting that is going to take place.

7. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I voted no. I hold ESB in a very special place in my heart (it's my favorite movie of all time), so I get the feeling this won't bump it. Then again, I haven't even seen EpIII yet.

8. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    I don't know. It is gonna be hard to ESB. I mean come on! The character development will have to out do the OT, which will be hard to do since the PT hasn't spent as much time on it... I remain unable to cast my vote until I see an official trailer

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I remember similar sentiments before TPM and AOTC. Suffice to say: I think that people expecting this to be the best will be disappointed. It?s still the same old sandbox. ANH is still the best, and will remain the best. :cool:

10. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Yes, from the sounds of the spoilers of thus far -- it's going to beat AOTC & take the number one spot.

11. Master_Sword

Master_Sword Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2003
    I don't know... I hope so, so I voted yes.

12. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    i don't think its possible it can be better than Empire, It was so good more than anything because it was so well written, and we got to see the characters we wanted to see, and Darth Vader ruled that movie, every line he had was great. It could be 2nd best, but Empire will always stand way above all the other movies, whats 2nd best can be argued though.

13. Child_of_the_70s

Child_of_the_70s Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2003
    I remember similar sentiments before TPM and AOTC. Suffice to say: I think that people expecting this to be the best will be disappointed. It?s still the same old sandbox. ANH is still the best, and will remain the best.

I wholeheartedly agree.

14. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    The potential is there. I'm on the fence at this point, though I said yes.

!snap

15. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001

Maybe it'll be the most exciting and action-filled SW adventure. But that doesn't necessarily means it will be the best movie.

The best SW movie IMHO is A New Hope. It'll be very difficult for Ep.III to be better. Why? Because ANH is a perfect story; perfectly played by superb actors such as Alec Guiness, Harrison Ford and Peter Cushing; and it's full of excitement, emotion, and powerful lines and scenes.

Surely Ep.III will show us the best CGI (spell?) and the most spectacular scenes of all the saga, but a movie is a whole, and in those terms I think it'll be very difficult to it reaching a best level than ANH.

I don't think it will be Ep.III's failure (I hope), is just that ANH is the ultimate SW story. That's all.

Still, I'm hoping that Ep.III be the best SW episode. But, since we already know we'll have to stand again such pitiful characters and players like Jar-Jar Binks and Natalie Portman, I doubt it.

16. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

This poll is way too fanboyish. It's far too early to tell if it'll even be a good Star Wars movie, let alone the best.

I got myself all excited over EP2, thinking it was going to be The Greatest Movie Ever Made Ever In the History of Everything, and I was disappointed. This time I'm going to keep my expectations low.

So, to answer your question: N/A

17. Dropkick

Dropkick Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    I sure hope it's the best.

18. SuperStarDestroyer

SuperStarDestroyer Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 1999
    Yes. And if Grievous wasn't there, it would have been the best movie of all time.

19. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I voted yes, but I have no idea if it will be or not. Just gotta be optimistic.
    AotC is my fav. Anakin is my fav character. For it to be the best for me is not an impossibility. But I'm still not just going to be so bold as to already put it on a pedistal.
    If only it was like AotC and we had dialogue leaks to get a feel of the flavor...

20. Fan-4-Life

Fan-4-Life Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    Let's see. The biggest space battle ever, the longest sabre duel ever, the birth of the twins, the birth of Vader, the dawn of the Empire, the purge of the Jedi etc. If that won't make it the best I don't know what will. I vote yes. ;)

21. F-Trunks

F-Trunks Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I agree that it is far too early to tell if it will be the best or not. This poll should be made after the movie not before it. Plus nothing, NOTHING, can beat ESB!!

22. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    It is a little early.

!snap

23. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
    This poll is speculative, just like the 3SA, so it's quite appropriate. ;)

DC

24. Fan-4-Life

Fan-4-Life Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    >>I agree that it is far too early to tell if it will be the best or not. This poll should be made after the movie not before it. Plus nothing, NOTHING, can beat ESB!!<<

Remember, the title of the thread starts with the word "will" not "is". It's just a simple pre-question which requires a simple pre-answer.

25. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.