Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Apr 14, 2004.

?

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Yes 649 vote(s) 64.5%
No 357 vote(s) 35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAGI Jedi Knight

star 1
    The loyalists to the OT will never concede that any of the PT movies are near equal to ANH/ESB/ROTJ.
    I beleive we need to see the 6 movies as a whole much like the LOTR trilogy. They all interconect to form one epic story
  2. -Darth_Anakin- Jedi Master

star 3
    After seeing it bout 5 times I'm still uncertain. On one hand I have Ani becoming Vader, on the other hand I have "I am your Father" which IS the greatest moment in film history. ROTS and ESB are #1 to me. Maybe in a couple of years, after I finish absorbing the impact of ROTS I'll be able to tell which one is best.
  3. flenchgrain Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm an OTer and the more I see ROTS the more I like it. I like Alec Guinness. Ewan McGreggor has made it difficult to tell them apart.
  4. DarthScully Force Ghost

star 4
    DARTHMAGI posted on 5/30/05 6:25am
    I beleive we need to see the 6 movies as a whole much like the LOTR trilogy. They all interconect to form one epic story

/>

yup that's what i did. watched TPM and AOTC the night before, screened ROTS in that morning then buckled down to watch ANH, ESB and ROTJ after that. you really do come away with a better understanding and appreciation for the entire SW saga doing it that way. the little things, gestures and lines that didnt mean much before has a whole new meaning now. i didnt want to admit that something can be better than ESB but as i've said above after so many viewings ROTS really is the best of the stories; it had the most heart.
    />/>
  5. hawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's the best prequel but isn't as good as any of the original films.
  6. Nihilist Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. GHOST_OF_MALAK Jedi Padawan

I voted yes. Ep 3 has action that is just as good or better than in any of the other films. It has its share of funny moments, but not too many. And it has many sad scenes, something the other movies didn't have much of. The story is great as well. (probably the best of the series) The fact that it was so great, even though you KNEW most of what was going to happen, just spoke highly of its quality. The only real fault it had in my opinion, was that there was so much story for it to cover, the movie felt rushed.
  8. xiyuan Jedi Padawan

9. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think it's gotta be hell of a contender for No.1.
    If you really pushed me, and I do love all 6 like they were my kids or something :p , and I had to say Yes or No...then I'd probably say Yes.
  10. 1blackglove Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes. It's the middle chapter that ties the PT and OT together. It's the darkest, and most tragic of the six. Even if it isn't the best, I'm sure many will rank it high on their list.
  11. starwars4272 Jedi Padawan

12. MastaAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

13. Hell_Sith666 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ROTS is the best Star Wars film ever!!
    Why did this have to be the last one?????!!!!!!
    :_|
  14. airline Jedi Padawan

Will Episode III be the best SW movie?

Yes it is!
  15. CDR_Praji Jedi Knight

star 2
    To paraphrase Dickens:

" It was the best of films, it was the worst of films. "

" 'Tis a far far better thing I do today...to go to this film....happy. "

:D
  16. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
  17. starwarsfan4life1 Jedi Padawan

R U KIDDIN ME ITS NOT JUST THE BEST sw MOVIE ITS THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!
  18. Palp_Faction Force Ghost

star 3
    No. ANH and ESB are still streets ahead. Far, far better than ROTJ though.
  19. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was trying to rank all of the movies, but I love them all so it's hard. Finally, I came up with this

Three way tie for first ROTS, ESB, ANH
    Three way tie for second TPM, AOTC, ROTJ

Ah, I feel better now.
  20. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    you are right about Sith . it deserves to be right alongside EMPIRE, and ANH. it is as good as a SW movie gets.
  21. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    That's how I rank them too. First two are introduction and setup and the meat of the story is in the middle trilogy (III, IV, V). ROTJ is probably the most unsatistfying SW chapter because it could have been so much better but fell short of its potential (except Vader/Luke scenes, of course).
  22. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Someone on the boards mentioned that the best trilogy of all-time is episodes III-V. Having seen III, I whole-heartedly agree. Then I'd probably put LOTR (I know, I'm not allow to like both series), followed by Episodes I,II,VI. It's a bit wacky, but it makes sense to me. But don't even bring the Matrix trilogy into this! Fun movies, but even sillier than SW!
  23. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    The first Matrix was good, but as a trilogy it failed miserably - even made the original look worse.
  24. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I watched the first one last night, and that was the conclusion I came to as well. The Dialogue and Acting struck me as incredibly cheesy: "It's never been done before" "That's why it's going to work"
    But Hugo Weaving is great fun to watch and the fight scenes are cool, so I like the films in general. It's just that they don't really compare to the grandeur of SW or LOTR.
  25. ZachH Jedi Knight

star 1
    I Really like rots I like it just as much as tesb if not even much more. After rewatching all the other five sw movies a few times since seeing rots I in reality enjoy rots the most come to think of it.

Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars Movie!

There I've gone and said it lol I could not be happier this wonderful movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.