main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Apr 14, 2004.

?

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

64.5%
  2. No

35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAGI

DARTHMAGI Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    The loyalists to the OT will never concede that any of the PT movies are near equal to ANH/ESB/ROTJ.
    I beleive we need to see the 6 movies as a whole much like the LOTR trilogy. They all interconect to form one epic story

2. -Darth_Anakin-

-Darth_Anakin- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005
    After seeing it bout 5 times I'm still uncertain. On one hand I have Ani becoming Vader, on the other hand I have "I am your Father" which IS the greatest moment in film history. ROTS and ESB are #1 to me. Maybe in a couple of years, after I finish absorbing the impact of ROTS I'll be able to tell which one is best.

3. flenchgrain

flenchgrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm an OTer and the more I see ROTS the more I like it. I like Alec Guinness. Ewan McGreggor has made it difficult to tell them apart.

4. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    DARTHMAGI posted on 5/30/05 6:25am
    The loyalists to the OT will never concede that any of the PT movies are near equal to ANH/ESB/ROTJ.
    I beleive we need to see the 6 movies as a whole much like the LOTR trilogy. They all interconect to form one epic story
    [hr][/blockquote]

yup that's what i did. watched TPM and AOTC the night before, screened ROTS in that morning then buckled down to watch ANH, ESB and ROTJ after that. you really do come away with a better understanding and appreciation for the entire SW saga doing it that way. the little things, gestures and lines that didnt mean much before has a whole new meaning now. i didnt want to admit that something can be better than ESB but as i've said above after so many viewings ROTS really is the best of the stories; it had the most heart.

5. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    It's the best prequel but isn't as good as any of the original films.

6. Nihilist

Nihilist Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2005
  7. GHOST_OF_MALAK

GHOST_OF_MALAK Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    I voted yes. Ep 3 has action that is just as good or better than in any of the other films. It has its share of funny moments, but not too many. And it has many sad scenes, something the other movies didn't have much of. The story is great as well. (probably the best of the series) The fact that it was so great, even though you KNEW most of what was going to happen, just spoke highly of its quality. The only real fault it had in my opinion, was that there was so much story for it to cover, the movie felt rushed.

8. xiyuan

xiyuan Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    A big fat YES!

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think it's gotta be hell of a contender for No.1.
    If you really pushed me, and I do love all 6 like they were my kids or something :p , and I had to say Yes or No...then I'd probably say Yes.

10. 1blackglove

1blackglove Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Yes. It's the middle chapter that ties the PT and OT together. It's the darkest, and most tragic of the six. Even if it isn't the best, I'm sure many will rank it high on their list.

11. starwars4272

starwars4272 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
  12. MastaAnakinSkywalker

MastaAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Definitely. Most definite.

13. Hell_Sith666

Hell_Sith666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    ROTS is the best Star Wars film ever!!
    Why did this have to be the last one?????!!!!!!
    :_|

14. airline

airline Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Will Episode III be the best SW movie?

Yes it is!

15. CDR_Praji

CDR_Praji Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    To paraphrase Dickens:

" It was the best of films, it was the worst of films. "

" 'Tis a far far better thing I do today...to go to this film....happy. "

:D

16. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    of course it is.

17. starwarsfan4life1

starwarsfan4life1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    R U KIDDIN ME ITS NOT JUST THE BEST sw MOVIE ITS THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

18. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    No. ANH and ESB are still streets ahead. Far, far better than ROTJ though.

19. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I was trying to rank all of the movies, but I love them all so it's hard. Finally, I came up with this

Three way tie for first ROTS, ESB, ANH
    Three way tie for second TPM, AOTC, ROTJ

Ah, I feel better now.

20. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    you are right about Sith . it deserves to be right alongside EMPIRE, and ANH. it is as good as a SW movie gets.

21. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    That's how I rank them too. First two are introduction and setup and the meat of the story is in the middle trilogy (III, IV, V). ROTJ is probably the most unsatistfying SW chapter because it could have been so much better but fell short of its potential (except Vader/Luke scenes, of course).

22. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Someone on the boards mentioned that the best trilogy of all-time is episodes III-V. Having seen III, I whole-heartedly agree. Then I'd probably put LOTR (I know, I'm not allow to like both series), followed by Episodes I,II,VI. It's a bit wacky, but it makes sense to me. But don't even bring the Matrix trilogy into this! Fun movies, but even sillier than SW!

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The first Matrix was good, but as a trilogy it failed miserably - even made the original look worse.

24. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I watched the first one last night, and that was the conclusion I came to as well. The Dialogue and Acting struck me as incredibly cheesy: "It's never been done before" "That's why it's going to work"
    But Hugo Weaving is great fun to watch and the fight scenes are cool, so I like the films in general. It's just that they don't really compare to the grandeur of SW or LOTR.

25. ZachH

ZachH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    I Really like rots I like it just as much as tesb if not even much more. After rewatching all the other five sw movies a few times since seeing rots I in reality enjoy rots the most come to think of it.

Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars Movie!

There I've gone and said it lol I could not be happier this wonderful movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.