main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Probably not. The article was almost certainly referring to either RJ’s trilogy or B&W’s films, whichever goes into production first. The article never said anything about Lucasfilm focusing on the Skywalker family post-Episode IX, that’s just you falsely reading what you want to see in the writer’s words and treating it like fact.

2. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I know what I read PymParticles! It's also on a Newsweek article online too! LEAVE ME ALONE PYM!!! I CAN STILL HOPE FOR EPISODES X-XII TO COME OUT SOMEDAY IN THE 2020S AND BE ANNOUNCED AT CELEBRATION CHICAGO CAN'T I??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Calm down.
    This isn't your blog, people are allowed to respond to you.

You can hope for whatever you want, but don't expect us to agree with you when you quote Mike Zeroh as a source, or claim that Lucasfilm has said they're doing more movies with Rey and the gang when they've never said such a thing.

Be realistic about this - there's a possibility that LFL will someday make Episodes X-XII, but there's literally no chance of them announcing this at Celebration next year. Why? Because Celebration Chicago will be all about promoting and building hype for Episode IX. If they announce further episodes with those characters, the hype for IX will be undermined, as it will tell us that the characters will make it out alive, and that it isn't the end of this particular story. It would be a huge marketing mistake.

Also, don't double/triple post.

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    First of all, no, not everyone on youtube is bashing Rian Johnson and his upcoming trilogy. Second of all, just because there are a bunch of click-bait youtube-videos with next to no content on the matter, doesn't mean that it makes sense to act the same way here. There are also people who think making death-threats online is a great idea, just because someone is showing weak and pathetic behaviour that is outside the norm of decency doesn't mean that it is now fine for everyone else to act that way as well.

I don't think you really made a point at all. You bashed something for the sake of bashing it, without giving any reasons as for why something you know nothing about is supposedly crappy.

And that's what makes no sense to me. You have no idea thow this stuff is going to turn out. Why are you bashing something that for all you know might end up being far better in your opinion than the Episodes you want oh so much? Just because the Episodes would come, doesn't mean that you would like them, or that you would end up liking them more than the other series. Something that you know nothing about couldn't possibly be any more or less crappy than another thing you know nothing about. You don't even know whether Ridley, Boyega and everyone else are even prepared to work on another trilogy in the near future.

That doesn't even cover the points that a) getting rid of Johnson's trilogy or Benioff/Weiss' series wouldn't automatically leadto Episodes X-XII being developed, and b) that the existence of these two series in no way prevent the possible development of another trilogy of episodes. You are basically just throwing abuse at something you don't know because you would prefer something else. Nothing wrong with prefering to get something else first, but that doesn't mean you need to bash something that you couldn't possibly judge right now.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Darth_Bertie likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Nope, they have not said sucha thing. You keep passing your own preferences of silly things fake youtube insiders claim. What they have said is after IX the focus will be on RJ's trilogy.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe because this isn’t YouTube?

But I’m definitely going to use that argument to do stupid **** in the future. Everybody is ranting and raving about about chem trails on YouTube, so WHY CAN’T I DO THAT IN THIS RESTAURANT!!!???

Jedi Comedian, EHT and Darth_Bertie like this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    There are no planes flying around in a restaurant - so no chem trails possible!
    :-B

9. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I honestly can't stand the obsession with a new trilogy of films. We are going to have so many SW movies in the future set in diffent time periods. Probably the least interesting idea is keep rehashing the current themes and vibes.

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    No I don't think we will get episodes 10 to 12 anytime soon. There are too many other spin-offs to consider. If we ever do get Episodes 10-12 i'm hoping it will be in something like 20 years from now when the actors are a lot older. I like the long gaps between trilogies, and there are really endless possibilities for other spinoffs in the meantime.

christophero30 likes this.
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    You know, given this especially tumultuous time for the franchise following the divisive fan reaction to TLJ and the disappointing box office for Solo, I'll just say that I'm happy we got the sequel trilogy, whatever its flaws. Everything else is gravy.

12. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I think a Second Sequel Trilogy is inevitable based on TFA's box office alone. And it depends how IX ends, but I would bet money that Rey or Kylo (or both) will be the new legacy figures.

Ideally they would be continuations of the Skywalker saga. As of now there are no more Skywalkers. I see 3 possibilities for IX to change that:
    1. Kylo has a child, who is therefore a Skywalker by blood but not by name.
    2. Rey takes the name Skywalker as her own, to honour Luke's legacy. Thus her children would be Skywalkers by name but not by blood.
    3. A clone Skywalker.

13. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I just wanna see Episodes X-XII someday that's all. WHY CAN'Y ANYBODY UNDERSTAND THAT???????????!!!!!! And I didn't want to or mean to triple post. I'm just looking for people who want to see Episodes X-XII as much as I do! And as I said before I'm not looking forward to RJ's trilogy or Benoiff and Weiss' trilogy. Just Episodes 10-12 since Dosney announced the ST and rumored the SST back in 2012.

14. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Maybe if you use more capital letters and question marks people will agree with you.

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Don't forget Mike Zeroh once mentioned the possibility that there could only be an Episode !0. Ending the episodes of SW on an even number. I tried to post a thread on that but you guys shut me down. Shame on you. I even had proof of that video on YouTube. If not Episodes X-XII than at least Episode X to wrap up Rey and Kylo Ren's story since I suspect Episode IX won't wrap up everything.

16. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I didn't say people couldn't respond to me. I know it's a forum. I just wanted some agreeable positive responses of wanting to see Episodes 10-12 since it was rumored back in 2012. And I've been waiting years now for Disney and LFL to confirm it when Marketsaw did back in 2012. And there are still the sites of wanting to see Episode X and beyond like Is the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy a Prequel Trilogy on Cult of Whatever and Cheat Sheet and ScreenRant' article from last November. Will we see Episode 10?? CHECK OUT THOSE ARTICLES! The fanbase is there with me included.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Perhaps if we say it in a way you can understand, you will heed warnings. Let's try.

DO NOT DOUBLE POST!!!!!! DO NOT SCREAM IN ALL CAPS!!!! LAST WARNING!!!!

18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'm not sure why everything has to be a trilogy.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

Alright fam, I'm gonna level with you and address this point-by-point:

1. Mike Zeroh is not a reliable source. At all. He's just a dude that regurgitates crap from random low-validity websites and passes it off as "the hot new rumor on the web." Don't trust him. That's why we (I'm pretty sure it was me) shut that thread down, especially since we already have like three or four Episode X-XII threads from you spread across New Films.

2. I understand wanting agreeable positive responses, but you're pretty much forcing them with an endless barrage of "DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN" over and over. It's not the right way to go about engaging. And frankly, most people aren't thinking about Episodes X-XII right now. We're not even done with Episodes VII-IX, and we have two (2) different series coming afterwards; those very much look like the future of Star Wars for the next decade. There really isn't much room for Episodes X-XII on Disney/Lucasfilm's slate for the next decade or so, and they certainly wouldn't announce them before the ST is done, as it would completely undermine the weight of the story they're trying to tell.

3. I... I honestly don't even know what Marketsaw is, but I can tell you one thing with utmost certainty; they did not announce Episodes X-XII. The only entity with the authority to do that is Disney/Lucasfilm. If it doesn't come from them, don't put stock in it, especially not when it's an -pseudo-announcement that was made six years ago. You have a habit of treating speculation as an announcement, or as indication that website are hearing reliable scuttlebutt that something is happening. We try to tell you to pump the brakes on the excitement and certainty, but you tend to ignore us because it's not the response you want. And I get it, I really do. I too have a tendency to go overboard with something that I desperately want to happen, seeing evidence in its favor that doesn't really exist. But that doesn't mean that it will happen. All too often, you treat articles with clickbait titles like "Could Episode IX set up the plot of Episodes X-XII?" as tantamount to "This website is hearing Episodes X-XII will happen and Episode IX will set up the story!"

Step back. Breathe. Just live in the present, and try to enjoy the embarrassment of riches we're getting currently. The new trilogies we're getting may not be what you're asking for, but you may end up liking, or hell even loving them regardless. And if Episodes X-XII do ever happen, it won't be for a while, but if/when they get announced, you'll have every right to celebrate. But in the meantime, wait. Be patient. Take Qui-Gon's advice: Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs. Be mindful of the future... but not at the expense of the moment.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You know you want to see episodes XXIII to XXV!

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Guys. Episodes XXIII to XXV, released from 2077-2079, are already in the can. I am the AI that has been sent back by Lucasfilms to inform you of it (because so many fans kept annoyingly saying Lucasfilms, we just decided to officially make it plural).

In fact, I am those movies. They are stored in my brain.

They’re pretty good. Though what Rey’s great great granddaughter does in the second movie might be divisive. Just a heads up.

But rest easy! These movies are already made.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'll be 103 when Episode XXIII comes out in 2077. [face_dancing]

23. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    So... Now the IX cast has been revealed, the key sentenced that is being emphasized is how IX is the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.

I wonder where does that leave the ST cast. I could totally see a new series of movies with the ST heroes once the Skywalker story is closed. But maybe things like the RJ trilogy makes the new Rey, Finn and Poe adventures more redundant.

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Honestly, there's also the question of how much the actors really want to continue playing these characters. Doing the sequel trilogy will have been a major part of five years of their lives by the end of 2019. Of course, we're now in an age of film franchises where actors sign contracts for up to ten films. Nevertheless, signing on for even more films is a massive commitment.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  25. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, yep. But maybe ten years down the line they will also feel the nostalgia and want to come back.

I would be totally ok with IX being tje end game for the ST cast, but it seems the Thrawn novels hint at a potential new threat coming from the unknown regions.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.