main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Will everyone still be as enthu about Star Wars after the saga ends?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by martianlightsaber, Dec 5, 2004.

?

Will everyone still be as enthu about Star Wars after the saga ends?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes! I AM IN no matter what

54.2%
  2. Yeah, there's always the EU

41.7%
  3. No. No more episodes to wait for wad...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Maybe....

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
  2. martianlightsaber

Nov 24, 2004
    Hey I know this is a morbid question but we have to make sure everyone's still gonna be into it after the saga ends otherwise making the club official for 5 months is pretty much pointless.

3. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Most fans are more of the movies but the true fans are the ones who read and know about EU, its games even.

4. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    That is what I call true blue SW fans

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I agree with JediGenX on this one. One would have to be really attracted to the core concepts of Star Wars to keep him/her reading and exploring more into the SW universe.

Well, the true reason why most of our enthusiasm will die down after ROTS is because the movies have always come first in regards to Star Wars. A movie is a big event that is publicised around the world. When neutral viewers get excited, we get excited too, and that's where our energy comes from. Seeing all the ads on TV and merchandise in shops helps too.

The EU will only be for fans who fell in love with the movies and decide to carry on the adventure. Don't expect many non-SW fans to know about the next novel or action figure.

Btw, the 'club' has been official for more than 5 months... :D

6. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    Since its offical are there any monthly meetings

7. martianlightsaber

Nov 24, 2004
    Yeah I was just wondering that... are there meetups? Sorry I'm somewhat new so I don't know much. I haven't been reading much EU actually. I love the canon and will continue loving it after the saga ends =D

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't worry about not knowing much of the EU - there are still many more years of that for you!

As for meetings, other than some unofficial non-SW activities organised by Darth_Eagle with some of the other members of this board, there hasn't been one for quite some time.

It's all got to do with the timing. With ROTS coming soon, perhaps adrenaline will start kicking in and we'll get to see more meetings and activities. Most of us here came together in AOTC. There were many, many events and that's how we got to know more SW fans. For example, I met Darth_Eagle and others right here at Fanforce. During the Charity Premiere, there was Faiz and his friends. People like JediGenX and Yazid_Skywalker came together for that costume competition at Taka. Forgive me if my poor memory doesn't allow me to name everyone and everything, but u get the picutre.

For ROTS, I'm sure there'll be another generation of new fans, much like martianlightsaber now. So don't worry about being new, everyone will have their moment!

:)

9. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey! Glad u remembered me!!

10. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Of course I will be enthu !!! Star Wars Lives On !!! All Hail the great movie !
    Sorry to mod's if u find me spamming, I feel so left out after 1 year away from the boards.

11. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Xeno, I'm the one holding one end of the whip of moderator here in this forum so you only need to fear me. [face_devil]

12. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    oh oh... probe coming!!

13. BobCrackit

BobCrackit Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    Of course I will. Always have been enthu, always will be enthu.

14. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Same here,will forever be enthu about star wars! i love it! i can't live without it!

15. lookatitthisway

lookatitthisway Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    ya , but you know , the series , just these 3 new series have been like taking 20 years or something of an interval and i mean if fans stay loyal , i mean without the movies , and since theyve stopped comic production doesnt that mean we will be reduced to star wars bookworms or merchandise collectors because thats the only thing they can possibly do to keep us pumping money in . or the company might retire to computer games , theyve that for like 50 years or 30 at least . if you dont believe me , theres this game they made in the early days of dos .see?

16. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    well.. hopefully there will still be the EU books/novels & comics... :)
    long live Star Wars!!

17. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Forgive my scepticism but the quality of books in the EU haven't been what it was compared to years ago.

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Who says comic production has stopped? I beg to differ. Go check out your nearest comic book store.

[face_plain]

19. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Production won't be stopped. The question is whether there's anything worth reading.

I am looking forward to the Post-NJO novels come August.

20. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    ya man... cant wait for the post NJO books... also looking forward to the Outbound Flight book by Timothy Zhan....

21. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    what is the post NJO books...? Why is it "post"? I bought alot of NJO books already,but izzit the same as the "post" NJO books?*blur*...

22. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    It's what happens after NJO, fans like me definitely wanna know what happens.

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    bingo! keep em churning. never liked epi1-2 so far anyways. EU IS THE ****!!!111SHIFTONE!!
    doesnt matter if u dun buy the toys, but it is ESSENTIAL to read the EU!!!!
    (not the prequel novels..) actually NJO was nice. i liked how jacen came out. i'm waiting for him to court tenelka.. sigh she's so cute. *drools*

KEEP EM COMING LUCASFILM. more comics and novels pls. ^^

24. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    But in star by star he dies!!!arghh!i still can't get over that he died!!!sob sob...
    and i wonder if ben skywalker is gonna be the main event, how he grows up and all...

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Anakin is the one that dies in Star By Star. I haven't finished the the NJO..stopped at Dark Journey some two years ago. I would like to see how it all ends but don't know if I can remember enough to continue reading.

:(

Faiz - How do you know how tenelka looks like? Don't tell me from the Guide to Characters book... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.