main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Ezra Bridger go dark side in Season 3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Will Ezra go dark side in Season 3?

1. Yes - UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

59.7%
  2. No - he truly is a Jedi

3.9%
  3. He'll go gray

36.4%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hatred of a thousand burning suns

2. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Ezra will end Zeb's life, calling it now.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

If he does, it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to meeting the leader of the Galactic Empire. Palpatine is the Empire, for all intents and purposes. The Lord and Master of the Empire and the Dark Side. The architect of the suffering of the galaxy, and ultimately, the man responsible for the deaths of Ezra's parents. I can't imagine Ezra not trying to strike Palpatine down if he ever got in range. Not that he'd stand a chance against Darth Sidious. But it would be nice to see just how far he'd go in trying to murder what appears to be a defenseless old man. He was certainly quick to pull his lightsaber on Maul when he was pretending to be a shambling old beggar.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sheev will give Ezra his first shave.

Danifae and darklordoftech like this.
  5. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    It would be awesome if we saw at least one powerfull Inquisitor.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Possible.
    You could end up getting someone within the crew killed.

7. General grievance

General grievance Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2016
    Well we did have that bonding moment in the mystery of chopper base. I personally Think Ezra will just flirt with the dark side, maybe kill zeb, get one o his limbs cut of by canan and then be redeemed.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I hope so, so Kanan will kill him off. Time for some of the ghost crew to die off.

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    If one does not care in the least about the show or its characters, then I suppose it makes sense why some are so eager for the Ghost Crew to be killed off.

10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Another view is that one cares about the show and the dark times setting it takes place in and also want some realism to the show. Which is why they wouldn't mind if one of the crew died.

The time period of Rebels is not supposed to be a happy time and the Rebellion is not as successful as they were in ANH. That being the case and Kanan and Ezra being Jedi just paints a bigger target on the crew which should result in the loss of some life.

It would not be believable if this show ends with none of the crew biting the dust.

Theo333 and Danifae like this.
  11. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004

12. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I hope he does, will certainly shake things up a bit. Kanan seems less capable to protect Ezra from bad influences all the time now, he opened a Sith holocron by himself, in secret. There's the possibility he blames himself for losing Ahsoka, not acting when he should, protecting those he cares for, etc... In any case, he seems more than halfway there. He thinks like a Sith, used the dark side several times, deliberately on one occasion, and a first hand experience with Maul's dogma.

So far i think it has not been Kanan's teachings that has kept Ezra from falling, it is Ezra's commitment to him and his friends so far that did. I don't think he has prepared him against the dark side like he should've been at all. And it's no surprise, he tried to the best extend of his knowledge, but for the longest time as a former padawan... All in all i feel Ezra is gradually moving away from him and at some point their differences will be put to the test.

Put it all together, incomplete training, Maul likely going after them, his feeling of loss, revenge & guilt and exposed to powers he has yet to comprehend, that will come way too quickly to him? Jedi have fallen for less under the tutelage and supervision of actual masters... It seems like a logical step. It seems safe and obvious to say that Ezra is fated not to be a Jedi (or follow the path of the light for that matter), and Kanan, having been "knighted" before, might just die at some point. Both will have to serve their purpose to pave the way for later events.

Speaking of the holocron, i hope it will show something about the ancient Sith and the one responsible for building the temple & weapon on Malachor, small tidbits of info to connect some dots.

13. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    They already said he uses the dark side to open that holocron. I think they'll play with it. If he does turn, it won't be till the end of the season probably, or the midseason finale.

14. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004

I know Rebels is supposed to be getting darker, but I think the above might be a little too dark... for the rebels anyway. It could be that Ezra accidentally gets one of the rebels badly injured or killed, rather than him going out of his way to deliberately hurt the people who love him the most.

Whatever the case, I'm hoping the laissez-faire attitude / complacency of the rebels comes back to bite them and they're forced to address Ezra's Dark Side tendencies like that time he savagely beat that stormtrooper around the head in A Princess on Lothal and everyone just shrugged it off.

15. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    Just what we need *another* 'turns to the dark side' story. ...because turning to the dark side and being redeemed is the only thing there is.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Who says he has to be redeemed? For all we know Ezra could go darkside but not become a sith. He could create his own faction or just study and learn new ways of the force. There are different directions a darkside story could go.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There has only ever been one true redemption story in canon. Anakin. Also, "turns to the dark side" story is pretty limited, as well. So I don't see the fuss.

18. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I think he will go sort of grey while being on the verge of falling to the dark side.

Commander Wolffe likes this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Aaaaand why not? Dave has said they'd let them do stuff like this of the story required it. What makes it different from Anakin turning dark in a family friendly movie series? The tease at the end of season 2 was too blatant not to dabble with it, and Freddie Prinze Jr. has said Ezra will train with both Kanan and Maul. Sure, he won't go around slaughtering innocents, but he'll definitely want dark side power to take on the Empire.

20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Seems to me Disney don't care about what direction they take the show, as long as it doesn't go too far outside their vision of canon and they don't show graphic death.

Wanna kill of Ezra? Sure thing, just make sure it's not graphic. Have him turn to the dark side? Why not? Just don't have him be the founder of the Knights Of Ren since we got plans for Kylo.

21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Dave tried to have 7th Sister killed on camera and Disney veto-ed. So no, they can’t exactly do whatever they want.

As I said, Ezra will probably flirt with the darkside, but it would be likely depicted in a similar way they did with Ahsoka in TCW, i.e., in way where he is not really accountable for his actions. Or maybe have yellow eyes next time he faces a big bad villain. They won't pull an Anakin on Disney channel.

22. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I dunno, considering how much they've been building this up, it would be a bit of an anti-climax, in my opinion, if they just had him flirt with it.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  23. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Like they did with Ahsoka vs Vader, an entire season building up for their final confrontation only to have a less than 7-minute fight with no resolution? o_O

For the record, I don’t have a problem with the way they handled Ahsoka vs Vader, but I heard numerous complaints of people who were disappointed with how it turned out exactly because they were building it up so much.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm pretty sure actually the way Dave told the story about Seventh Sister was that he knew it was unlikely to get in but they kept it in the script anyway just in case.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well I think some fans took Filoni's comments about Vader being a destroyer and Vader would completely destroy Ahsoka from many months ago or last year, too seriously or literately, when they should've taken it at face value and just Filoni selling his show. Very few people were really interested in the battle but just wanted Ahsoka dead and Vader to be some kinda untouchable champion or whatever.

Ezra so far they've been making him flirt with the Dark Side in a similar manner as Anakin where it does seem an eventual showdown with Kanan and Ezra is on its way. However with Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, and Inquisitors out there, plus any other characters they throw in Season 3, its not really all that clear where they're going. Even if Ezra becomes Maul's Sith Apprentice, how would the series end? They all kill eachother, I think not.

QueenSabe7 likes this.