main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Ezra Bridger go dark side in Season 3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Apr 3, 2016.

?

Will Ezra go dark side in Season 3?

1. Yes - UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

59.7%
  2. No - he truly is a Jedi

3.9%
  3. He'll go gray

36.4%
  1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Ezra needs a lot of training before he can last more than 18 seconds in a fight with Vader. Ezra has lost against every Force-wielder he's fought. Grand Inquisitor disarmed with ease in Gathering Forces, Vader almost decapitated him with his own blade in Siege of Lothal, Seventh Sister trounced his ass on in Always Two There Are, and flattened him a gesture in Future of the Force. Eight Brother knocked him off the terrace with a couple strikes in Twilight of the Apprentice and Vader reduced Ezra's pathetic blaster-saber to scrap after a mere 18 seconds. Ezra's skills are extremely feeble at this point. Maybe the Sith Holocron will teach him some discipline and focus. At the moment, he's a half-trained child with none of the focus or discipline that the Jedi of old instilled in their Padawans. His power is great, but untrained and unfocused as it is, it's of little use to him.

2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I remember he nearly touched the darkside in season 1 until Kanan pulled him back, I think Maul's advice really turned Ezra to it.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Yes...but again, a trained Ezra + Maul would be a hard fight for Vader.

4. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Yes but Ezra needs months if not years of training to get anywhere near the level he needs to be at in order to properly challenge. With Ahsoka gone and Kanan blinded, Ezra has no fully capable teachers left. And given how aged and weakened Maul looked in the finale, Vader would trounce him in a one-on-one battle. I disagree that Maul and Ezra could defeat Vader. Not unless Ezra undergoes a very rigorous training regime and gets to the level of a very powerful Jedi Knight. At this point, he's a very weak Padawan, who has yet to defeat any Force-wielding opponent. Seriously, Ezra has zero victories to date. The only opponent's he's managed to defeat are stormtroopers or other low-level thugs, which hardly count.

5. Kopy.Kunoichi

Kopy.Kunoichi Jedi Knight

Dec 21, 2015
    Maul "looked" aged and weak, but he sure didn't fight like it. He's becoming like a dark version of Yoda...walking around with a cane and whispering words of twisted wisdom to kids - but put a lightsaber in his hand, and suddenly he's right back to his old wushu kickass self. Granted, he "lost" to a blind Kanan, but I'm not really convinced that wasn't slightly staged on his part. Maul is a lot of things, a clutz is not one of them. It's either bad writing to have him trip and lose so easily, or he basically altered his plan and decided that was a convenient time to peace out.

Either way, I'm not sure that Vader would trounce him easily. Think of it this way...Obi-Wan reduced Anakin to smoldering, limbless, hunk of meat. The same Obi-Wan who never won a fight with Maul since their first encounter when Maul was stupid and underestimated him because he was a padawan. Maul gets cocky when fighting different people, it's an unfortunate Zabrak trait - but he wouldn't take Vader lightly. If he could get Ezra to about the level of prowess he was up to in TPM (without to cockiness), they'd be able to give Vader a run for his money. Of course, it's not their destiny to kill him, so it wouldn't matter. But if Ahsoka could wound him as badly as she did one-on-one, I'm confident Maul could do just as well.

Erkan12 and MandoArtist like this.
  6. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    I would love for him to turn to the dark side, there could be way more story to explore if that was the case.

But my vote was that he will not go down the darkside path. After all this is a kids cartoon and Erza is relate-able to children, I just don't believe they will turn the male (ezra) or female (sabine) character in that age group dark.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    To be fair, Obi Wan and Yoda were probably too old and physically weak to take Vader themselves in a straight-up duel in the OT. But that doesn't mean that they couldn't prepare Luke well enough so that he could do it (which he did eventually).

So Maul could be the dark and twisted version of that with Ezra.

8. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    The writers clearly want to explore the dark side but as a form of resistance against the empire we see that with Maul.

Whatever Yoda attempt to bring them to Malachor was both Kanan and Ezra saw the holocron as what they were looking for and i don't think the writers want to create a plot point of Ezr finding it and ultimately rejecting it but exactly the opposite.

9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra has shown himself to be impatient, reckless and angry. All these traits are characteristic of the Dark Side. Moreover, Ezra now knows that he needs a lot more training. Vader destroying his lightsaber in five seconds was an eye-opener. Also, with Kanan blinded and Ahsoka gone, he has no other sources of training other than the Sith Holocron that he has managed to open. I don't think Ezra will fall fully to the Dark Side. There is a core of decency in him that prevents him from committing crimes such as striking down a defenceless foe. But he will definitely grow more aggressive and start to use his anger to fuel his powers. It's a shame, because all the power he needs is in the Light Side of the Force. All he needs is the patience and the discipline to train harder and to focus his mind. I would have thought that Ahsoka could have helped him with that before her disappearance, but she barely spent four episodes with Ezra.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kanan will remain his master being blinded will be a set back but am pretty sure they'll move past that very quickly like they did about the hyped angst between him and Rex that did not last very long they soon became bros- but if Ezra does fall completely or near enough, then yes Kanan will have to attempt to destroy Ezra or maybe Kanan turns and not Ezra who knows.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, it remains to be seen how blindness Willa facet Kanan's abilities and skills. We've never seen a blind Jedi in canon. I would think he will be weaker without his sight. Kanan vs Ezra, if it ever happens might be closer than you would think. I don't think Kanan Jarrus could bring himself to destroy his own apprentice. He doesn't exactly follow the Jedi Code as a Knight of f the Order should.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I am not convinced sight as being very important for long for two reasons 1) since Jedi(and Sith no doubt) train blindfolded and there was that theme of fighting & shooting blind in ANH via Kenobi to Luke( the "your eyes can deceive you don't trust them" and "use the Force Luke") and 2) Kanan they mentioned the influence of Zatoichi.

13. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    They've set up a lot intriguing possibilities for S3. I think Ezra's deepest feelings are his loyalty and sense of belonging to the crew of the Ghost, so if Ezra begins to turn, it'll be mitigated by that. But for how long? I don't see that Kanan, who is also finding his way, will necessarily be able to stop that - so I guess that's when Maul may step in.

But turn him totally dark? Well, we know he's not the last Jedi, so surely that's a possibility...?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Yes, but being able to overcome your basic senses and learning to rely on the Force is not the same as being completely deprived of all sight and relying solely on the Force and your other senses. The Jedi we've seen in Rebels are quite poorly trained and don't seem to adhere to the key principles of the Order. I suppose that's because Kanan never formally finished his training, and in spite of Yoda's pronouncement of his Knighthood, he still lacks some key skills.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Hopefully. ;)

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I would love to see it. I don't know if he'll completely turn in S3 but I want it to be more than hyping it up and it only lasting for one episode and then he turns back to the light and the characters pretend if never happened. It would be fascinating and Luke, according to ROTJ, is the last Jedi. Yeah yeah, I know, technicalities and all but I hate the exile thing. It's just a cheap way to create more fanfic and have the character come back. Makes things way more predictable down the road. plus, I like how it gave ROTJ a more tragic tale. If Luke fails, there is no hope.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As I've said before, season two ends with Ezra opening a Sith Holocron - he is more or less already there.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  18. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    About the whole "grey" thing... do we know of any really powerful "grey" Force user? The lore I know is that everybody really powerful eventually took a side or went mad.

19. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Exactly. It would feel like a cop out if he wasn't at least grey after that ending.