main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST will finn be scared of everything?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Punk , Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    in both trailers, he looks like he's about to poop himself. he kind of reminds me of courage the cowardly dog

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Everything. Its been confirmed.

3. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    That's why he is always changing outfits

4. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    although clearly not scared of walking in long grass...pretty sure he's the first character to not tuck his trousers into his space boots.

5. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    John boyega is going to be excellent in this film. Finn will have moments of fear and moments of great courage.

Melbournelad and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  6. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Not entirely sure why this is something that is being picked out so much, Rey looks pretty worried/scared/concerned in the majority of shots too. Those particular scenes were clearly picked to ramp up the threat in the trailer. I'm 100 percent sure hell have some truly heroic moments in the movie...and if he is a character who does't have the heart for war it'll make those moments all the more glorious.

7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Yes. That scene in teaser #2 when he's running away from the explosion? He's actually running from BB-8. Seriously, go back and verify it for yourself.

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he sees a fly and ducks for cover, he sees a speck of dust ducks for cover........................:p

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Mostly it's people noting that he's always out of breath, people that don't know any of the rumors and/or aren't considering what the situation could possibly be just so they can make their jokes.

Teaser 1: he's panicked because he just woke up after a crash landing.
    Teaser 2: the running needs no explanation, the "being offered a hand" shot may be just after that chase, and the "remove the helmet" shot is after witnessing the village assault and possibly a fellow trooper murdered by Kylo.

All valid reasons to be panting like crazy & looking freaked the hell out.

10. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Actually, Disney organized some focus groups and they really responded to Darth Vader's breathing. They couldn't bring Vader back for TFA, but Finn will be replicating his hiss/gasp to the best of his ability throughout the entire film.

11. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Perhaps TFA is the GFFA version of the Wizard of Oz where Poe wants a brain, Finn wants courage and Rey wants to go back home to planet Kansas, so they go looking for the wizard, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, to grant them their wishes... [face_thinking]

12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes and Rey is Dorothy. I already had this discussion with a friend on this board today. TFA is Wizard of Oz. [face_laugh]

arjank and starocean90 like this.
  13. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

Graphic, starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  14. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I've noticed this too I thought he was supposed to be part of Kylo Ren's personal badass Stormtrooper legion and he seems to act like he's scared of everything. I know he won't be like that during the whole film but right now he seems to be lol

15. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    No. We've only seen him on Jakku and on the Star Destroyer in the teaser. He had just deserted and had a reason to be scared.

JediAce1 and Toonimator like this.
  16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Being part of a badass stormtrooper legion doesn't necessarily mean being cool with torching a village full of civilians who don't have the MacGuffin your boss is looking for... or being cool with your best buddy getting ripped apart by the Force/a lightsaber because he expressed a moral objection to torching a village full of civilians.

EHT likes this.
  17. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I can see how one might draw the conclusion that Finn is scared of everything. We've seen so much of him in two 2 minute teasers. :p

18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes and Rey will be the overprotective girlfriend who says this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Skaddix and Togruta like this.
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I doubt he'll be scared of everything, but just imagine you're Finn.

You're a part of regime you though were doing the right thing until they cross lines you never wanted to. It's unnerving and when the opportunity arises to bail you do so, but get caught up in something much larger involving these very people. And worse, you're now one of their prime targets.

Being hunted by very powerful, violent overlords would freak me out something serious.

but to get back on track here:

Thus far it seems like we've only seen the very beginning of Finn's journey, if one goes by the MSW rumors.

20. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Finn isn't cowardly. He's prudently hyper-aware of all the many dangers in this war-torn, post Imperial world.

Darth Punk and EHT like this.
  21. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks that way. I was instantly reminded of this.

Darth Punk and Vehgah like this.
  22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Every shot shown intrailer s so far he is berthing heavy.

It is weird, hope he doesn't do that through the entire movie.

23. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think Finn is an anti-hero character at first, lacking courage, but later on I think he will gain courage. With Rey's help, become a hero.

-Mythology 101

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, so this conversation would be better off just going in the main Boyega / Finn thread at this point... locking.

Darth Punk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.