main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will George address the fans before or after Ep 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthCorruptus, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorruptus

DarthCorruptus Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2003
    Hello all,

I went 10 pages back looking for something like this topic but couldn't find it so I'm posting it.

Does anyone know if George plans on addressing the fans before the start or after Episode 3? Something like before the beginning of the movie a title card comes up with "A special message from George Lucas" and he goes on to address everyone about the Star Wars saga and thanks for taking the journey with him and this will be the last Star Wars movie ever..."

Also for the end credits, I'd love to see scenes from the now completed series all edited together nicely as a tribute of sorts. Scenes from A New Hope, Empire, Jedi, Phantom, etc.

What does everyone think of this?

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Does anyone know if George plans on addressing the fans before the start or after Episode 3? Something like before the beginning of the movie a title card comes up with "A special message from George Lucas" and he goes on to address everyone about the Star Wars saga and thanks for taking the journey with him and this will be the last Star Wars movie ever..."

I doubt it. He's not a politician.

Also for the end credits, I'd love to see scenes from the now completed series all edited together nicely as a tribute of sorts. Scenes from A New Hope, Empire, Jedi, Phantom, etc.

Maybe not for the end credits, but I'd like to see a trailer like you described. (There's something like that on the Gladiator dvd. It contains a montage of scenes not used in the finished film and is set to the score.)

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I would love to see some sort of address to the SW fans on the ROTJ DVD when it's finally out since it's the last movie in the Saga. That would be great :)

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If he wants, he can go on TV and say something, or put some message on the DVD. But frankly I am interested in the movie, and not a thank-you message for my opinion.

If Lucas really wants to thank me he can send me a check or a nice flannel shirt. :p How 'bout it, George?

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    He did a little something like that before AOTC, but it was just a little note in the Insider magazine. He'll probably do something like that again, or at least I'd like him to. :)

As for the montage, that would indeed be cool. They have one (sort of) at the beginning of each tape of the most-recently released OT tapes, with clips from the OT and TPM set to DOTF. It'd be nice to see it with all the movies.

6. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    If george really wants to thank me, he can stop insulting my intellengence, and make a really really good movie for Eps. 3, like teh OT was. frankly im disapointed in him....

*sits back in chair* Come on Georgie! Wow me!

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    We shold be thaking George, not vise-versa. If GL wanted to give us a few words before the beginning of Episode III I would be receptive, but he owes me nothing.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

8. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    right again windy....of course

9. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    He'll probably appear after the credits and start cackling with glee as he stands waist-high in a pile of cash. Rick McCallum will then come into the camera and shout, "******* awesome!"

EDIT: You have to asterik out the whole word

10. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    and jar jar will enter the screen laughing with all of them and step in poo doo and then the'll all start laughing even harder!

11. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Anyone ever see that parody of Titanic on SNL? It was an 'alternate ending' in which it turns out Rose was lying the whole time and gets the crap beat out of her. At the end, James Cameron comes on screen and says that was the original ending, then proceeds to light a cigar with a burning $100 bill.

So if we get anything, I would expect it to be like that. 8-}

12. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    "Will George address the fans before or after Ep 3?"

If Epi3 is good no explanation needed but if it doesn't live up to it "Dark" reputation than Luca$ will owe me a EXPLANATION period.

13. Wald Balfed Your Mother

Wald Balfed Your Mother Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2000
    Lucas can save the speech and instead thank me by making Episode III a kick-ass movie and a fitting end to the saga.

14. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah, Leia, cause Lucas owes you so much...

So far, I haven't been dissapointed with the PT. You didn't like them, fine. Move on.

Get over yourself. Don't you get sick of trolling?

15. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    Calm down.

It's just my opinion.If you don't like it fine but it won't change.

16. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

If George wants to speak to the fans,
    a good place for him to present
    a message would be the official
    website.

17. Wald Balfed Your Mother

Wald Balfed Your Mother Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2000
    "If George wants to speak to the fans, a good place for him to present a message would be the official website."

For the low price of only $19.95 a year. :p

18. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    No, the message itself would be free. But you'd have to pay if you wanted live webcam footage of him typing the letter, or if you wanted to have a chitchat with Pablo about it. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    "For the low price of only $19.95 a year"

Truer words were ever spoken.

20. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah, cause grinchy ol' Lucas is out to empty your pocketbook!

Oy vey...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.