main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will George Lucas have enough time for Episode III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Latorski, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    If he's involved in both Ep III and Indy 4, will be have the time and/or energy to work on either? I know Spielberg will be directing Indy, but I can't imagine Lucas staying completely uninvolved.

I'm hoping Ep III doesn't suffer because it seems like a full time job, and then some.

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I don't think he'll be involved with Indy much. And besides that, production isn't supposed to start on that until Ep. III's filming is finished, I believe.

I think he's got it under control. :)

3. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    It's not as if GL himself spends every day from the release of one SW film to the next working on it. For the most part all the little things are handled by other people. It's during the writing, casting, filming, etc that he needs to be fully involved.

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    GL just writes the scripts for Indy, then he leaves the filmmaking to Spielberg. That´s what he said in a documentary I saw.

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I think Lars Muul is right. I don't think Lucas is that actively involved w/ the Indy movies. He writes the screenplays and handles the production (shouldn't be that difficult given the money Lucas and Spielberg possess). Lucas says that the most time consuming and hardest part for him in making a film is the directing. He is not doing that w/ Indy.

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    He will mostly be producing and only dealing with the big scheme of things: the overall story, etc.

He is not even writing the screenplay. Frank Darabont (The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption) is writing the Indy 4 screenplay.

7. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Star Wars is his baby. Duh. So it's only fair to assume that he'll be spending more time on the last installment of the SW trilogy than on any project from here 'til 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.