main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Harry Potter be Recast ?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by comet1440, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I don't think they'll recast, because it would be really hard for audiences to accept a "new" Harry Potter. People would start comparing HPs, and because the new kid could never be "perfect," the movie "wouldn't be as good" as the old ones. Of course, that's just my opinion...please, don't yell at me! :D

2. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    It won't make nay difference to *me* if they recast the characters. I never saw any of them as *truly* depicting the 3 heroes - Dan is too cute - not at all short and nerdish looking as Harry in the books, Rupert looks and acts like a stupid klutz - not at *all* like Ron - and Emma is too pretty and she acts Hermione way too unsympathetically - Hermione is one of the most affectionate characters in the story - next to Hagrid... No, it won't make any difference to me. I always see the films as cinematic fan fiction of the books.

3. Darkgloom

Darkgloom Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    well said Jedi_Bant. I also believe that Emma Watson's acting in Prisoner of Azkaban (which I saw today) was quite bad, and the film was a disappointment. Meddled with the plot too much, especially the blunt ending.
    I agree with Ron being too "stupid" as you said, but that is not the fault of the actor more of the writer and director. I think that Rupert is the best out of the 3 acting wise, and delivers his lines the best.

4. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    *I agree with Ron being too "stupid" as you said, but that is not the fault of the actor more of the writer and director. I think that Rupert is the best out of the 3 acting wise, and delivers his lines the best. *

I never meant to insult Rupert - just that he does not *act* like Ron. That is the fault of the screenwriter and the director and Rupert should not have been *cast* as Ron in the first place because he is *physically* nothing like Ron - Ron is tall - taller than his older brothers by the time he is 12, and gangly - I always pictured him and Harry in Book 1 as the giant and the dwarf - and even though Rupert is taller than the other 2, you can see that he is obviously not the *extraordinary* height that Ron is supposed to be.

5. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    'Pathetic attempt at attention' ? How do you figure ? Seems like youre giving me more attention just by talking about it.

Anyway, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Im leaving and wont be back.

Thank God, Anyway, I read an article somewhere that said Emma would definately stay as Hermione, Daniel said that he wasn't sure and wants to think about it, and Rupert I have no idea. Like said above I don't think they would ever recast unless someone left (hopefully that won't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.