main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Hayden Christensen do the voice of Anakin Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by anakin2lordvader, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin2lordvader

anakin2lordvader Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    I remember in a recent interview Hayden expressed interest in doing Anakin's voice for the new Clone Wars cartoon. I was just curious if anyone has any info on wether or not this will happen...
    I of course would love to have him doing the voice. After I heard Samuel Jackson would be returning I've tried to keep an ear out for news on Hayden. Any information or comments would be great. =)

2. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think theres already a thread on this when we first read this on TFN

I think he might have done it, but from what I gather it's still Mat Lucas. Though, listening to the new trailer, I'm 100% that IS SLJ voicing Mace Windu.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    When news came of Samuel L. Jackson possibly lending his voice to the series, it was reported also that Hayden was interested. However, I am unaware if this has actually been confirmed yay or nay at the moment. I believe that they are still discussing with both Jackson and Christensen on whether they will voice their characters.

Edit: The previous thread this was mentioned in was actually the thread announcing Samuel L. Jackson's possible involvement, Sublime. :D Understandable that somebody would miss it. :p

4. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    It would absolutely rock to have Hayden lend his talents to the show. According to IMDB, it's a new guy, but I always thought Matt Lucas (right?) did more of a parody of Hayden's voice than actually trying to Hayden's voice. And the new guy just doesn't really sound like him at all. I wish they'd just pay up and get him or someone good to do it, since he's basically the main character (along with Obi-Wan) of the series.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't think Hayden will be coming back. I tell you what though, I'm almost certain that Samual L Jackson's voice we hear in the trailer! :eek:

6. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I second that. As much as I would like him to come back for continuity, I'm doubting he will. Def Sam Jackson's voice though!

7. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    The dude was like a drone when he was live-action and could physically emote...is it possible to translate that awkward screen presence through just your voice?...I don't think he's got the chops for voice-work.

He was the pretty boy choice folks...he should go do Calvin Klein ads and leave this business to others.

8. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    I'd like to see him. I had some problems with the PT but he wasn't one of them. If he'd had a decent screenplay backing him up i doubt most folks would hate on him as much as they do. It's not like he's a certain orange frog from the planet Naboo (Also known as He-who-must-not-be-named).

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I didn't know Voldemort was an orange frog.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I agree, Hayden made the best with what he was given. Mat Lucas, the voice of Anakin in CW I and II was almost trying to hard to imitate the worst of Anakin. Most of it was emotionless and droney, but then when Anakin got rejected General status I almost felt like he was a 5 year old whining.

Plus, for something as inticipated as CW 3-d, I really think Hayden should be in it. But, I wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't. Star Wars opened alot of doors for him and made him a busy man. Plus, I really think he's trying to shake the image of being Anakin Skywalker and just be Hayden. Still, I'd love it if he did do the voice work, maybe even Natalie for Padme. But I'm living in a dream galaxy.

11. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    I'd say you're dreaming about Natalie, but Hayden isn't that far fetched.

12. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    The only actors returning to reprise their roles in The Clone Wars will be Anthony Daniels and Matthew Wood. Both Sam Jackson an Hayden Hayden Christensen were asked by interviewers if they would lend their voices to the Clone Wars series and they both said that they would. Unfortunately they were not asked by LucasFilm to reprise their roles. Also if you check The Clone Wars IMDB page it shows that Matt Lanter is providing the voice of Anakin.

13. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Maybe he's a Chocolate Frog! :p

Oh, and I don't think I care one way or the other about who does the voice of Anakin. This cartoon looks like it will be cool whomever the voice actor is; however, SLJ would be pretty awesome- he sorta is Mace Windu.

14. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm not so sure Sam is the voice. The guy who did Mace for the Clone Wars (the second set, no lines for Mace in the first) was extremely good.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Though some have said it wasn't Mace, I'm pretty sure it is. If you can find the newest trailer, listen to when he talks.

It sounds exactly like how Mace said "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi" in ROTS. Though I know the guy who first voiced Mace in CW was good, I don't think he was THAT good.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I'm sure you guys have all seen the new webdoc.

Well, does anyone else think that could be Hayden in that clip at the end?

Even if it isn't, they got someone quite good.

17. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I have not heard this yet. Can anybody else comment on this?

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I have heard it numerous times now. From listening to it, I don't believe it is Hayden, but I am completely satisfied with the voice actor if that line has anything to show for what he'll do with the rest of the series.

19. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not him.

20. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I listened to it...That sounds like Hayden to me.

21. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I think Lucasfilm would be letting us all know if Hayden was involved.

22. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I wish I could remember where I read it, but in one of the recent GL interviews he said that Hayden and Sam (and any other movies actors besides Matt Wood and Tony Daniels) will not be doing voices in the film because he wants it to be consistent with the show, and he knows that big actors cannot make a commitment to a weekly show.

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    That would definitely make sense, J_F. I do agree with WW9 ... if they were, I'm sure that it would have been used by the marketing team by now.

24. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I do wish they could have gotten Temura Morrison to do the voice of the clones. From what I've read, he did the 2004 DVD Boba Fett voice over the phone. It makes sense, because the quality doesn't have to be perfect. Ah well, I have no doubt that these voice actors will do a great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.