Will Hayden play Darth Vader?!

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Vaders_Chick, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Chick Jedi Knight

[face_love] I know he may not ever want to do another Star Wars again. But do you think he'll don the suit again, even though we wouldn't get to see his face??? I hope so. [face_love] Maybe he will be an Anakin clone in the new one and the suit will be gone!!!!

I [face_love] Hayden!!
  2. Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Knight

Hi there. Long time lurkes, first time poster. Sort of. Anyway...

I hope there won't be a clone of Anakin. The rumors about all the clones of Palpatine, Maul, Dooku, Anakin, etc. were annoying enough. When will it end?

But it should be Hayden in the suit. Who else could pull Vader off so well? I can't see how anybody else can do some of the mannerisms.
    If it has do be somebody else, I hope it's a really good actor. Some martial arts guy worked for Maul, but Vader needs more than just somebody who's good at sports. Especially since I can't see him doing many backflips or other acrobatics.
  3. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Plus Hayden is hot [face_love]

I hope he takes off the helmet a lot.

Oh, wait. :(
  4. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Don't worry he can't keep that helmet on all the time it would just get too hot and sweaty.
  5. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What difference does it make whose in the suit? Its just a suit, no one will see the face or anything.
  6. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Well, I'm sure if we saw the face all burned up like in ROTS, then we could see it in the new movie.
  7. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Would you really want to see that face though? I mean its horrible, they'd have to use CGI or something to make it look better.
  8. Irithis Jedi Padawan

Oh i hope he does! It wouldnt be the same w/out hiim!
  9. Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Knight

If they don't hire Hayden, I'm going to be mad. He's the best Darth Vader ever!
  10. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
    what are you talking about he is the only Darth Vader. [face_shame_on_you]
  11. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Why are you shaking your finger at us? Jake Lloyd wasn't Darth Vader, he was Anakin.
  12. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The real question is whether Gabriel Byrne or Christopher Walken will finally get the chance to do some work in the GFFA.
  13. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    i heard he grows a few inches by the new movie so he may not fit.

and it may just be a waste of money. i think they may go for an unknown.
  14. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maybe they should get a bodybuilder to wear the suit. Afterall, that thing has to be quite heavy.
  15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I think the bloke who was in Chewbacca's (although, talk about just chucking a random name in for the sake of it... totally forgetable) suit in ROTS is big enough to play Vader in Episode IV.

I'm gonna say he'll snag the role.
  16. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Nah. Hayden's got it down. Otherwise it'd just be some guy in a suit gesturing around randomly. It'd look bad. Hayden gives it emotion.

Another important question: Will they keep James Earl Jones for Vader's voice? It'd make sense, yes, but there were so few lines that they could change it and no one would notice. Plus I thought his acting for the "NOOOOOOOO!!!" was sub par [face_plain]
  17. Theron Force Ghost

star 4
    exactly, which is why I'm shaking my finger he said "the best Darth Vader ever" when Hayden has been the only Darth Vader.
  18. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    What about stunt doubles?
  19. Siaynoqsbride Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. No one can fill the suit, give it the neccessary emotion to be believable like Hayden can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.