main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Ikrit's prophecy come true still?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Veng_Commando, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The thing about Tahiri and Anakin doing wonderful things together? through the force? But ani's dead, or will Ani and Tahiri "Force Merge" like in Beast Machines on TV and something super will happen.

2. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Did you just allude to "Beast Machines" ?

3. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    or was it Beast Wars?

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Yessssssss.....

5. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    yessssssss what?

6. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Yeah... but it doesn't mean that Anakin will come back from the dead!

7. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Personally, I think that that prophesy has already come true.

They have done great things together. I don?t think that Anakin would have been as confident as he was during SbS if Tahiri hadn?t been there. They did great things together through the Force during Conquest. We can never know what Ikrit was specifically referring to, and I doubt that Ikrit even knew about that himself. It was just a general prophecy of great things that could happen when Anakin and Tahiri work together.

They have already done great things together. We don?t need Anakin to come back to complete that prophecy. It has already been completed.

8. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    Always in motion is the future . . . .

9. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    If they could find a way to bring Anakin back that wouldn't be contrived or campy, I think they ought to. The interaction between him and Tahiri was definitely one of the more fascintating aspects of the NJO. As for Ikrit's "prophecy," to me it still has yet to be fulfilled. Greg Keyes made allusions to something major happening with those two, and it wouldn't make much sense not to follow that up.

10. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    Since when has it ever been one of LFL?s priorities to follow up on one of the author?s allusions?

The prophecy was fulfilled. Whether the fulfillment of that prophecy was as grandiose as what had been originally implied or not, the fact remains that the prophecy has come true, and therefore, is no longer an issue.

There is ample evidence to support the fact that the future is not always what it might seem. Luke had a vision of Mara lying face down in a pool of water, looking dead. Did that mean that she would die? Obviously not, considering that that vision came true, and she did not die.

The same thing can be said for the prophecy about Anakin and Tahiri. Ikrit said that Anakin and Tahiri would do great things together. Does that mean that they will be the ones to end the war? Absolutely not, considering that the prophecy has already come true, and the war has not ended.

11. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I agree with JediJ.

12. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I disagree JediJ, no one ever said they would win the war.

Ikrit's vision seemed to be very definite and signified that something big, really big would happen with them. There hasn't really been anything really BIG yet.

Unless you count the Ripping Trees from the ground thing, but that just didn't seem to corolate with the prophecy with me.

13. Tana_the_Jedi

Tana_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2001
    Me neither. I think that the prophecy has yet to be fufilled, though that doesn't nescessarily mean that Anakin will come back. I personally think that would make it kind of cheap, even if he was a good character. The fact that he was such a good character, though, and had all these prophecies circling around him, should mean that they add up to more than throwing some tees.

14. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I don't think the prophecy has been fulfilled yet, but I also don't think that Anakin has to come back for it to be fulfilled. Maybe he could come in a vision or dream to Tahiri and give her some information, and she could use that information to do something "big." Then they would have fulfilled the prophecy. Perhaps it's essential that one of the two be dead to give information or guidance that would save the other one. Just a thought.

15. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Most of us have probably read Jeff42's fanfic on Obi-wan being reincarnated a long time after Luke's death, well anakin could do that. I personally like the Force Merger between Anakin and Tahiri

16. darthparth

Jul 10, 2001
    JediJ, you seem a bit jaded.

An author wouldn't have alluded to such an event if an event wasn't to take place. Remember, all major events, such as character deaths, were discussed in committee before the books were written. Keyes knew full well that Anakin was going to die, yet he still had Master Ikrit give his prophecy.

This leads to two possible conclusions. One, the prophecy has already come to fruition, or two, it will, somehow, come to happen in the future. How? Good question.

I think one of the following will happen:

1. Anakin impregnated Tahiri, and their child will kick ass.

2. Anakin will come back in spirit and guide Tahiri

3. The simple memory of Anakin will push Tahiri to accomplish something great

4. Anakin is not really dead.

5. Tahiri will join Anakin in death.

17. Grand_Admiral_Xian

Grand_Admiral_Xian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2001
    I agree with Darthparth...

one of those things, or a slight variation on them must, and I mean "MUST" occure, or it undermines all that was meant to be accomplished with the NJO as a series...

I do hope Anakin isn't really dead, or that he somehow comes back as a "physical" being...

But oh well...

18. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    What Ikrit?s vision ?implied? is completely irrelevant. Luke?s vision of Mara implied that she would die, but she did not. The vision about Anakin Skywalker implied that he would be a great Jedi, but he was a great Sith instead. Whether the vision was completed in the way that was implied or not is irrelevant because what a vision implies is almost always not what comes to be.

?1. Anakin impregnated Tahiri, and their child will kick ass.?

They are 16 and 14 years old. To have them have a child together at that age would be completely inappropriate. Not to mention overly difficult (physically and emotionally) for Tahiri.

?2. Anakin will come back in spirit and guide Tahiri?

Oh, that?s original. (sarcasm) Also, Anakin?s body didn?t vanish; therefore his spirit doesn?t have the necessary energy to return like that. (based on my theory that the body?s matter converted to spiritual energy is what gives a Jedi the power to return in spirit form after death)

?3. The simple memory of Anakin will push Tahiri to accomplish something great?

Her going to the Dark Side due to the memory of Anakin is infinitely more likely.

?4. Anakin is not really dead.?

I call beliefs like that ?denial?.

?5. Tahiri will join Anakin in death.?

That?s a good message. ?You can both do great things, you just have to die first.? (more sarcasm)

19. dark_jade

dark_jade Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2001
    really, what is it that you people have against anakin coming back? i'm not saying that he *has* to come back or anything, but your lack of faith is disturbing. have some patience! and besides, ikrit's prophecy is one of the major indications that ani might be coming back, but not the only indication. there's other hints here and there in the books leading up to SbS ...

20. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    1. Anakin impregnated Tahiri, and their child will kick ass.

Yeah...there's no chance. THis is SW, not Anne Rice

2. Anakin will come back in spirit and guide Tahiri

Possibly, but if anything it will be an "inside the head" type of thing more than an incorporeal emanation type of thing, I'd think.

3. The simple memory of Anakin will push Tahiri to accomplish something great

Or, she'll undertake a suicide mission, and actually pull it off without the suicide part.

4. Anakin is not really dead.

Yes he is.

5. Tahiri will join Anakin in death.

I think she'd be much more useful as a berserker type character than as a dead type character, but then I also thought COrran should've died, and I also thought Ben shouldn't have been able to touch the Force. Guess my mind just doesn't work like the LFL people's minds do.

21. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    dark_jade, true, but Anakin didn?t die in the books leading up to SbS. He did die in SbS, and in that book, there is no indication that he has unfinished business.

There simply isn?t enough evidence to suggest that he will be coming back. In fact, almost all of the evidence suggests that he will not.

1. His body didn?t vanish.
    2. All other sources that cover SbS state that Anakin dies in that book.
    3. All of the prophecies about Anakin have come true, and are, therefore, no longer in effect.

Is it possible for Anakin to came back? Yes, anything is possible in the Star Wars universe. However, it is supremely unlikely.

Mstadge, why do you think that Ben shouldn?t have been able to touch the Force before he was born? Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin all did. Or were you referring to him never being able to touch the Force?

22. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Lord Vader's body didn't vanish and he came back as a spirit. I'm not saying Anakin will, but I'm just letting you know you're wrong on one point.

23. darthparth

Jul 10, 2001
    Vader's body DID vanish. Check LFL - they said so.

24. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I learn somthing new every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.