Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. the_sinister_hologram Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Could Sifo-Dias be revealed as Darth Plagueis? I mean he ordered the creation of the clone army (whether it was Dooku pretending to be Sifo-Dias or not is not explained to my knowledge so it's open for interpretation).
    Sidious doesn't mention when he killed his master. Sifo-Dias was presumably killed around the same time Anakin met Palpatine.
    And if by chance that is true, then it would fit in nicely and offer continuity - something like a legacy of evil - the perfect adversary for the Skywalker legacy. It would make Plagueis seem like a menace, surviving Sidious' assasination attempt, keeping a low profile and attempting to rise to power once his old apprentice is no more.
    And with that there would be no need to clone Palpatine or anything like that, since the main villain would be connected to the previous events. That would have a more powerful impact on the story rather than introducing someone completely new.
    Last edited by the_sinister_hologram, Nov 3, 2012
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Taking something from the PT and taking people from the OT could be whats needed to make it all feel like one story
  3. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Wait for it...

[face_laugh] Never said it was a numbers thing...

The Force is said to be in balance at a point when there are 0 Sith and a nonzero number of Jedi.

Force-users are not the Force. The balance of the Force is not a balance of Force-users.
    TreborSabreon and darklordoftech like this.
  4. DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It really is a great read, too!

My favorite EU story. They did a great job with Palps in this book.
    Last edited by DarthKreVass, Nov 3, 2012
  5. Valens-Pax Jedi Padawan

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, Chancellor (or other title) Leia Organa-Solo, Republic Army General Han Solo, maybe Threepio and Artoo, two new Jedi as main protagonists (male and female) and Wicket.

Just kidding about Wicket. Unless he and Jar Jar are in a ship together, and it's destroyed.
  6. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I don't think I want to see the original characters--I could possibly like it if the film is set far enough after ROTJ that they could bring in the original actors. I definitely don't want Luke, Han or Leia played by different actors.

I'd rather see all-new characters, even if they are the children or grandchildren of the original characters.
  7. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    Just make the Heir to the Empire trilogy into movies. That'd be good enough for me...
  8. Valens-Pax Jedi Padawan

Yes, for you. But what about the dedicated fans who have not read those novels (I'm one of that number) and the millions of casual fans and most importantly, the next generation of SW fans for whom Episode VII will be their Episode IV?

I think Disney/LucasFilm will ignore the EU entirely or, at least, be very coincidentally related. It's hard to not cross into established EU territory given the likely time frame of Episode VII and the characters that will likely be used.
  9. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Name some characters you want to get mentioned in VII....

Tarkin
    Beru & Owen
    Vader & Sidious
    Padme
    Bail & Breha
    Ewoks (if they aren't in it)
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan
  10. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    I want those not related to the Skywalkers to make reference to atrocities by Darth Vader!
    Darthgoodguy and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  11. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Vader and the Emperor is a given.
    The events on Endor and over Yavin.
    Padme, yes. Luke needs to find out the identity of his mother in the Sequel Trilogy, perhaps he stumbles across a hologram recording of Anakin and Padme from R2D2, talking about her being pregnant with Luke and Leia, like they showed Luke finding in the EU.
    Last edited by KED12345, Nov 3, 2012
    JainaSoloYJK and Darthgoodguy like this.
  12. General_Todd Jedi Padawan

Seeing as Lucas has stated many times that the Star Wars film saga is truly about Anakin Skywalker, how can that still be the case with this new trilogy? At The end of Episode six Anakin is redeemed, but is also now dead. So if Anakin still plays into the entire saga INCLUDING this new trilogy, the only way I can see it working is by having his force ghost in the films. By Lucas changing Anakin's ghost to his younger form, played by Hayden Christensen, he has a great opportunity to include Anakin is these new films, for Hayden is still alive and still pretty young.
  13. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I don't need to explain how much I love Anakin Skywalker.

But...if he plays any kind of role in the new trilogy, I hope it's with an occasional appearance as a Force-ghost or some mention in the dialogue of his redemption.

His story is over, he was redeemed, he died saving his son. Nothing else needs to happen beyond that as far as his story. It's been told. How his story influences the stories of the characters who remain, would be interesting, but if he makes a physical appearance in the story, even as a ghost, it needs to be very limited.
    kainee and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Maybe Lucas sold the franchise because others wanted to make movies about non-Anakin-centric stuff. To him, Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker. Lucas neither knows anything or cares about the EU. That's his right.
  15. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    Lucas in the news about the sale said he always envisioned that this franchise would be a serial that would tell stories beyond the Skywalkers aka Anakin and Luke.

The ST will not be about Anakin anymore. His story arc was completed in RotJ.
  16. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    IF he's a ghost I'd rather see old Anakin. Especially if they cast Hamill as Luke. Don't think kids will understand, unless told by mommy or daddy, why Luke's father is way younger than him.
  17. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    The galaxy should still be reeling from what happened in the OT and I could maybe see it more that the legacy of Vader has completely overshadowed the legacy of Anakin and that perhaps Luke is an ostracized individual trying to rebuild a Jedi Order that the rest of the Galaxy no longer trusts, and that son/daughter/niece/nephew (I'm still banking on the idea that Luke will die to leave a younger protagonist mentorless) is left to redeem the Jedi in the eyes of the Galaxy.

Just my own fanon. There's no indication that this is what the move will be about. But that's just an example of what I would find preferable in regards to Anakin's link to the ST. I actually wouldn't want him to make any kind of appearance at all (even as a Force ghost) and just think that the Anakin's role in tying the ST to the other trilogies could be more in the legacy he has left rather than any direct influence by the character.

E.G.

First trilogy: Fall of the Father
    Second trilogy: Redemption for the Son
    Third trilogy: Redemption in the eyes of the rest of the Galaxy.
  18. GeneralCeel Jedi Master

star 2
    If Luke features heavily in the movie it would be great for father and son to have a relationship, even if Anakin is gone.
  19. Skywalker1325 Jedi Youngling

We need the old han solo[harrison]
  20. Jinn-N-Tonic Force Ghost

star 1
    Well the parents could always watch the first two trilogies with their kids before taking them to see E VII then they'll understand why Luke's father is younger.
    Julius Vernon likes this.
  21. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Luke Skywalker
    Mara Jade
    Admiral Ackbar
    Thrawn
    Last edited by Jedi Daniel, Nov 5, 2012
  22. Darth Stream Jedi Master

star 1
    Luke Skywalker
    Skywalker offspring
    Sith tribe
  23. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, and Luke of course...
  24. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    But please, whatever Disney does, don't include Kirsten Dunst as Mara Jade......

I dont think anything else needs to be said....

Typecasting, an actress playing a ginger love interest of a guy with superpowers, a girl character that has a very similar name (mara jade or mary jane).........
  25. Julius Vernon Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Similar to a lot of people I would like to see some EU minor characters or film minor characters. You have to have R2 and 3PO. Maybe an older Luke. Some of the minor characters from the films that I wouldn't mind seeing having another role would be Nein Nunb, Amanaman, Momaw Nadon, guys like this. What if Nein Nunb had a role similar to Chewbacca's roles in the OT?