main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    That is the reason he was killed in the EU. He really had just become a baby sitter.

Kind of like Han Solo in the more recent EU.....

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Seriously, I know that everybody loves Chewie, but enough with the character sheilds. Sometimes people die, and sometimes you don't want them to.
    And that was a heroic death.

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    In a book that statistically speaking, nobody read.

4. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Still happened. Doesn't matter if we like it or not.

5. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    This movie might take place before that happened. That was at the beginning of the NJO, 20 years after A New Hope. So as long as this trilogy takes place before that Chewie will be alive.

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Chewie is dead son....accept it. He died a hero.....saving people including Han's youngest son.

Sometimes heroes have to die in stories, to show that heroes don't always have character shields. Sometimes, its better for a story to not have all the good guys riding away into the sunset.

And yes there is plenty of star wars without Chewie, and im not talking about Episode 1 or 2.

This may be shocking to you.....but the star wars universe does not revolve around Chewie.

By the way, it was a moon not a planet that fell on Chewie.

And his death was sure better then being shot, or dying like some chump, after all, took a freakin moon to take him out. Dying like that is rare in the star wars galaxy.

7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    There is still a lot we don't know about what exactly the sequel trilogy will entail. As it's highly likely a great deal of the EU will be thrown out the window, they might just put Chewbacca in there like he never died. Assuming they don't bring him back, I think they will make a new character to fill the role that Chewbacca had. I also feel that the big 3 are old enough to set the ST timeframe a minimum of 30 years after RotJ, and quite possibly 40-45 years later. As a fan of the EU, I hope they leave it intact as much as possible, but as the old cliche goes, "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Oh how wrong you are.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Chewie lives & will return.

No one can kill Chewie but George Lucas.

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I think there is nothing to worry about in this regards, but I hope Peter Mayhew wants to do it.

I don't agree that he was just "shoehorned" into ROTS. I don't know exactly what more people could what from it. Sure an a fight scene would have cool and if Lucas had had the space in the film maybe he would have. But it was just meant to be a brief cameo and probably only because Lucas is said to have a particular fondness for him.

If anything, it is the OT that is guilty of underusimg Chewie. I have always longed to see him in an hand to hand combat.

On the Wookies though, I can't recall exactly but are the Wookies in ROTS a lot more muscular than Chewie?
    Or was there different sizes?
    Chewie is intimating in with his size, but is he considered small by comparioson to the average Wookie.

11. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    It was Sernpidal's moon, pushed out of orbit by a Vong superweapon, the Dovin Basal gravity generator. Stupidest way to die? I take it you haven't read Vector Prime. Chewbacca died a HERO, saving refugees and CHILDREN, including young Anikin Solo. It took YEARS for Han to get over it, he even blamed his own son.

I loved Chewie as much as the next fanboy, but I accepted his death because it was cool, heroic, and appropriate.

12. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    It was a pretty awesome death - never mind Han, I was devastated.

But, it is time to bring him back.

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't follow the EU and don't consider it canon. I don't care if they "killed-off" Chewie, I don't recognize it.

As far as I'm concerned Chewie should be in these movies even if the Big 3 aren't. Wookiees live a long time and if these movies take place after the Big 3 have already died then Chewie can still live.

LONG LIVE CHEWBACCA!!!

Darth Vader likes this.
  14. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    As someone who has read quite a bit of the EU and enjoys it, I hope they don't take story elements from it.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  15. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I didn't read it. I think most people here didn't read it. But everybody knows what happens, which is the important part.

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    If it's after Vector Prime

maybe I shouldn't say anything further on the subject

opps look like CE already did.

Chewie dies saving Anakin Solo and a kid when the moon came crashing down
    I love this new spoiler feature :D

17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Honestly, the new trilogy is not bound by EU. Love it or hate it--it is irrelevant to what will or won't happen in the new movies.

18. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Ahh... Vector Prime, how I despise you so.

Don't worry Chewie will be back I'm sure and I'll be able to burn those NJO books that I despised so very much.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If they bring back Han, Leia and Luke, then I will be shocked if they don't bring Chewbacca back. I think virtually all post-ROTJ EU has bitten the dust, TBH. It’s just not official yet. It will be soon. No way they’re going to say Chewbacca died between films in a novel that only a small percentage of the (worldwide) audience would have read. A general audience will fully expect Chewbacca back if everyone else is.

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know how many people read the books, but talking with Star Wars fans in general tells me that while few read most of them, many have read a few... the most popular being The Thrawn Trilogy, X-wing Series, and Hand of Thrawn Duology but that might just be my personal impression.

People seem very split on the whole NJO and follow on works. Some like the darker edgier tone but... I don't, I mean I can see an occasional darker and grittier look at Star Wars (Republic Commando game anyone) but they went too far in my opinion. As I said in another thread... it was like the Del Rey people were sitting in a meeting after getting the publishing rights and trying to figure out what to do with the universe and one of them said. "I Know... lets blow it up!"

Seriously, there's an apocalyptic quality to those works that really doesn't jive with the way the OT or even PT feels. It just doesn't fit.

Hence when confronted with "Uh we killed him in Vector Prime" any screenwriter worth their salt would say: "So... that was the book, these are the movies." and put him in.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If Han Solo is in it, definitely Chewbacca will be to. Even if he isn't, probably really likely.

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Indeed?

How do you know? Where did you get this information from?

Aha! Aha!
    [​IMG]

JackG likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    You may not consider it canon.....but you know....that's just like....your opinion man....and your opinion man.....does not equal fact....so your opinion man.....will not cause the powers that be....to suddenly say Chewie's death is not canon.

24. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

"The average lifespan of Wookiees is around 600 years."
    Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

25. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah well Harrison ford has stated that he would be interested in participating in the ST. And maybe a good character development would be Han trying to deal with chews death?! I would still love the furball to be in the films though. Not star wars without a wookiee