main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    Even though I'm a big fan of the EU (or most of it, anyway) I kind of agree with this. I would not mind if they kept some general parts of the EU and used some EU characters though. Especially if there just cameos, the average movie goer would not know who they are, but it would be a nice nod to EU fans.

kataja likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm glad someone got my point.

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Dead ;)

Approved.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I posted this on another thread, but I'll post it here too. It's about characters from the PT that could appear in the ST.

I'm really keen to see Samuel L. Jackson Val as Mace Windu, I mean I'm sure he could survive been thrown out of a window somehow.
    Ewan McGregor as an Obi-Wan force ghost? Na, probably not, as much as I'd love to see that, the Ben McGuiness was used throughout the OT so it wouldn't make sense. An old hologram of a recorded message from him I could see.
    Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett would be awesome, or an old clone that didn't execute Order 66, such as Captain Rex if he survives in TCW and chooses not to execute Order 66, that'd be great. He could even play Commander Cody who may have quit the Empire and gone somewhere else.
    Some of the Separitists like Poggle The Lesser, Wat Tambor and San Hill would be cool, but Darth Vader killed them all. We never did see Wat Tambor being killed, the last we saw of him was when he was hiding at the other end of the table from Vader, but he would've been killed.
    Jar Jar Binks? I know a lot of people, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT of people don't wanna see him in the ST, but giving him a small role would be quite cool, maybe tell someone about the Battle of Naboo or about the Galactic Republic. It'd also be really nice to see him catch up with R2-D2 and C-3PO.
    Shaak Ti could appear as one of the Jedi helping Luke to restore the Jedi Order since she wasn't killed in Order 66. She was killed in The Force Unleased video game, but I don't see the problem with not following what happened in a video game.
    Tarfful fighting with Chewbacca would be cool, and seeing the reaction that both Chewbacca and Tarfful have when they see each other after so long would be great.
    Lama Su and Taun We if they go to Kamino sometime in the ST, where they could discover new Clones who could fight with the Rebels.
    Dexter Jettster if they visit Coruscant and go to Dex's Dinner, that'd be pretty cool.
    Watto and Sebulba if they go to Mos Espa sometimes during the ST, they could tell Watto that they knew Anakin and tell him what happened to him.

There are so many that could appear!

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    ^I meant Alec Guinness.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Greatness!!!

There's a HUGE difference between charachter backstory and EU events such as the "death" of Chewie. Fear not folks, with or without the BIG 3, I suspect we'll seee ol' Chewie living to protect the Solo offspring.

7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    There he is that poor thing...

8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Bringing back Windu would be a dreadful idea, it was his death that cemented Anakin's fall to the darkside. He needs to stay dead, we don't need another Order 66 survivor.
    Wat Tambor's dead body can be clearly seen in ROTS.
    Shaak Ti needs to stay dead as well. TFU is George Lucas-approved. We need to have as few OJO Jedi as possible surviving up to ROTJ in order for Yoda's line to have more of an impact.

I would like to see Padme's family appear. And Grebleips :D

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Even if he's not in it, we need Wookiees. and not only that, we need Wookiees pulling people's arms from sockets. They told us 35 years ago that it could be done, and I think it's high time that we saw it!

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    People cheered during his 1st appearance in ROTS even though it was widely known. (Midnight showing that is.)

11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    This would make a great quote contest . . . SMH But it wouldn't be suitable for Dinsey or family. :p

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    They cheered at the matinee showing I was at. He's popular... not using him just doesn't make any sense from a commercial standpoint. Just like using everything from the EU doesn't make sense and using nothing makes even less sense.

Expect Clone Wars style tie-ins with the EU but nothing dictated by it. So... Chewie lives.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed, I still want to see Lowie though

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    K'kruhk survives Order 66... Is that a do as I say not as I do Master K'kruhk?

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes to all of these! Except maybe not Salacious Crumb. Definitely the three Bounty Hunters!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Thank you for the support. What about my EU suggestions?

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't know much about the EU, but seeing Ben and Jaina would be nice.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Please go out the NJO FOtJ wipe out post and tell Fenton that

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Luke
    Leia
    Han
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Chewbacca

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    He thinks we need all brand new characters so non Eu followers will understand who characters are, cause using establish characters is unfair to the regular movie going audience

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I may as well make a list now since everyone else is. I'm not saying ALL of these characters should appear, I'd just like to see any of these.

OT characters:
    Luke
    Han
    Leia
    Chewbacca
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Lando
    Wedge
    Ackbar
    Nien Nunb
    Boba Fett
    Bossk
    IG-88
    Zuckuss
    4-LOM
    Dengar
    Lobot
    Wicket
    Max Rebo
    Droopy McCool
    Momaw Nadon
    Garindan
    Obi-Wan (Force Ghost)
    Yoda (Force Ghost)
    Anakin (Force Ghost)

PT characters:
    Qui-Gon (Force Ghost)
    Jar Jar
    Watto
    Sebulba
    Gasgano
    Dexter
    Lama Su
    Taun We
    Tarfful
    Mace Windu
    Shaak Ti
    San Hill
    Bail Organa
    Tion Medon
    Boga
    Commander Cody

EU characters:
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Ben Skywalker
    Jacen Solo
    Anakin Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Ahsoka Tano
    Captain Rex

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In the tradition of each trilogy paying homage to Ray Harryhausen, I want to see Luke fight the animated skeletons of Owen and Beru.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Luke
    Leia
    Han
    Chewbacca
    C-3PO
    R2-D2

Lando and Wedge aren't must see's.

I don't want anybody brought back from the dead, and that includes...

Vader
    Palpatine
    Jabba
    Boba

24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Technically Boba didn't die. He fell in the sarlac, we all just assumed he died

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012

So many people have been arguing about this, there's like 50% of people that believe he'd dead, and 50% that believe he's not dead. I don't think he's dead and I really want him to return more than any other character.