main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I personally do not like Ahsoka, not her character, just the fact of Anakin having an apprentice. But it has grown on me, and I realize there is an entire young generation of Star Wars fans who relate her more closely with Star Wars than anything from the Original Trilogy. I think this can best be solved with a Master Tano appearing on the council to talk with Luke. All chances are she will survive Order 66 and probably be knighted close before, perhaps even play a role in the Underworlds tv show. To make her younger than Luke, I would suggest perhaps going with an Underworld bounty on Jedi plot where she is frozen in carbonite or in stasis and kept on Nar Shada or somewhere. Final episode of the series, she unthaws ready to take out Vader and Palpatine, and a Jedi is standing over her and is like, no it's all good. Jedi are back. Then you can get Tano being spunky with Luke, perhaps getting to sit on the council.

Not exactly perfect, but TCW fans should be happy and original trilogy fans wont care unless she keeps coming up and being like, "Your dad trained me, did you know that Luke? Isn't that cool?" which she wont. The only problem is backstory.

The best bet for a Master Tano appearance is a cameo with the Jedi Order to prevent a lengthy explanation of how she got from point a to point b. We can connect the dots later in EU material

Jordan1Kenobi and DARTH_BELO like this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    She is older than Luke, Luke is going to be like 60, she will be in her 70's or 80's. Still there but not the teen you remember

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I am betting there will be entirely new characters, ones we haven't even imagined. (Other than Luke, Leia, Han Chewie and the droids of course, and maybe Lando)

If it's true what they're saying about not using the EU, I wouldn't expect to see ANYONE from there-not Mara Jade, not Jaina and Jacen, not Palleon, none of them-and it would be unrealistic to expect it...for all we know, we may see that Luke may have never gotten married...Although I think it's safe to assume Han and Leia did, and had kids as well.

Although I would like to see some characters from the other films appear-Admiral Ackbar, for xample. Definately Wedge. I would've loved to see More of Mon Mothma, but I'd imagine she'd be like over 80 by now, or even dead. Dash Rendar springs to mind, it'd be interesting to introduce him as another of Han's old fellow smugglers (if he's still alive-I'm not sure of his fate in the EU up to this point). Thing is, with all of these characters, they'd all be old, like in their 50's or even older. To have a well rounded cast, there will HAVE to be some young people in there. I don't think the general public would want to watch a SW movie full of old men and women, having aged decades from their prime.

Either way, I'm excited to see what they come up with!

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly, a new generation needs to take over, it seems only logical that a Solo or Skywalker who is young needs to headline the new trilogy. I really hope for a Ben and Jaina lead. Get away from politcs let Ben's romance be a female scoundrel. Jaina and Jag could play the whole Han-Leia bit. But lets not think all about 2nd Gen characters. We will need new vibrant characters to support our main cast that we will grow to love. Mara foresaw Ben wrestling a wookiee I havent seen it yet. Heres to a major wookiee character whether it is Chewie, Lowie, Waroo, or a new one entirely.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Uuuhhh, maybe I don't wanna see Ahsoka as a 70 year old women... Lol. So that carbon freezing idea is sounding pretty good right now, lol.

6. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    I want to see the return of Dak Maddy the space pimp. At the end of the Novel JEDI CHICKS he was not dead he had just been Bitch slapped by the Twi'Lek Senator Scara-Lett

[​IMG]

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Looks like Cad Bane found a new hat.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    When Disney / Lucas said EP7 would be an original story.....you can actually go 3 ways really 1. Ignore EU & reboot 2. Use some of the EU or 3. Use everything in the EU & set EP7 40 years after ROTJ ..... so I want point 3 that means I would like to see Ben Skywalker , Jaina Solo , Allana Solo , Jag , Tahiri & of course Luke , Han , Leia & the droids .

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Finally getting around to watching The Clone Wars and I'm thinking if they don't kill off Ahsoka Tano by Anakin's hands, then I wouldn't mind a scenario playing out similar to Ahsoka witnessing Anakin murder/perform something incredibly controversial with the ways of the Jedi, and she becoming disillusioned with the entire Jedi Order as a result. She would then distance and isolate herself away from civilization and just commune with the Living Force (much like Qui Gon did when he was alive) up through the time of the OT. She could end up the Yoda of the ST or the Co-Grand Master Jedi with Luke and/or Leia.

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    In a word NO.....Chewbacca should not be in EP7 cause he died in the EU.....Chewbacca was in Episode 3 for a reason cause George new he would not be back .....
    I don't give one about dollar signs becuase having chewbacca in it would destroy the EU unless they went in before the point he died but he died only 21 years after EP6 so the Big 3 woudl have to recast cause there ages don't fit so you tell me what's more important .

11. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    For me I would love to see Luke vs a cloned Luke (from his lost hand) .The droids of course, and mon mothma and from left field grand mode Tarkin (we assumed he died but did he?).

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Mon Mothma probably won't be in it, because if the movie takes place around 40 years after ROTJ, she'd be about 100, but then again it could take place 20 years after and she's be about 80, and I guess a highly powered Senator could be that old.
    And Tarkin definitely died, we saw him standing on the Death Star right before it blew up, unless he sprinted at the speed of light into a TIE fighter and flew away, lol.

13. Tallos Renkaro

Tallos Renkaro Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    The only characters Id really want to see is Luke Skywalker as the head of the new jedi academy, somewhat old preferably, and of course R2D2 and C-3PO... Im willing to bet that Disney will make sure these two iconic droids will be in all the films they make, and I wouldn't blame them for it :)

14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Funny, I also thought about how they could get Ashoka into the new trilogy and thought that they could let the clone wars end with Ashoka being frozen in carbonite, with Anakin thinking her dead. Luke could find her hanging on the wall somewhere...

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    And I really like that idea, a few people have mentioned Ahsoka being frozen in carbonite. It stops her from being killed in TCW and brings her into the ST.

16. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    and a swaggy suit

17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Clones Luuke would be interesting.

18. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    EU is not "canon". If it was, it could not and would not be changed and the films would align to it.

Which obviously won't happen. EU is toast.

And thus, Chewbacca will be back. As will C3PO and R2D2. And I say "Yippie!" to this.

UKS

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. obisidanherz

obisidanherz Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    I do not think Big G will use more then 0,1% from the EU books for the new movies.

Anybody here remebering Boba Fetts backstory before Attack of the Clones and how it became non-canon.

The new movies do not have to take any written books as canon. It does not matter that Chewie died in Vector Prime, if Chewie is in SW VII, then Vectory Prime will become non-canon.

20. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I like both what you say here and the way you say it! It's a tricky situation indeed - but acknowldeging that is first step I think. Myself, I'd HATE to see the EU I've invested so much love and hate into, being trashed just because money changes hands OR because Lucas, bless him, changes his mind! :rolleyes: And I'd HATE even more to have to greet the ST that I've been hoping for since I was 15 with such a disappointment in the luggage! Then again, if things are done with respect and sometilmes a little regret - I can probably be tricked to eat it all and ask for more too. And Chewie is definitely a case where I can see why they'd have to go to great length to get him in - he's such an iconic figure. It made sense to kill him as long as we only had books, but the scene changes drastically now we're speaking film again. Chewie never worked on the pages - but he's supreme on the screen.

In fact, I think that the only way to actually keep the EU is to make so few references to it as possible in the ST! And if Han, Luke and Leia would appear alone, everyone would start to ask: "where's Chewie?" Particilarly if the droids will be in the story. But if he's included there would be no fuss.

And I guess they could always write a book that explans how he survived after all :p

This actually highlights the weakness of the multi-book projects. Vector Prime becomes non-canon = the 18 books that follow do so too.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Things called Ret Cons, ive heard ridicolous ones, such as it wasn't really Chewie, it was another Wookiee alltogether or his clone that dies, the real Chewie is captured... you get the gist

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't mind a wookie character, but not chewie.

How about the EU character Lowbacca/Lowie who is the nephew of Chewie. He is also a jedi.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I personally love Lowie, but there is also Waroo. Lets also remeber that Mara had a vision of Ben wrestling with a Wookiee for fun

24. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Why have the lame Chewie-lite verisons when they can just have Chewie?

klooney likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    They can, if they want to go there. Who says that Waroo is the Light Beer next to Chewbacca?