main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Lucas flat-out admits on the commentary track for ROTJ he thought of special-edition-izing Boba escaping from the Sarlacc, not that mind but, rightfully so, it would really have nothing to do with that movie.

If they do do it, flat-out shot-out to the EU with Dark Empire's "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible, Solo." line, which is what I always thought was needed.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    If Harrison Ford wants to be in the film to be killed off, who better to take him down?

I've always thought they should've added a shot to the SE of ROTJ with a familiar looking arm popping out of the sand after our heroes leave Tatooine.

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I believe there's a good chance we'll find out that Boba survived the Sarlacc in the new trilogy, but he would be quite old by that point so I expect we'll see another member of the Fett lineage as a fairly major player in at least the middle film of the ST. Symmetry, people. Get used to it. :p

DarthKreVass and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I hope he is not in Episode 7 but that there is a stand alone Boba Fett film in 2016/2017 that explains how he got out of the Sarlacc and maybe we see him in Episode 8 or 9. And I hope it's a grizzled Temuera Morrison because it would be great to tie it all back to Jango and the Clones, I would love to see Luke fight Boba and put the Obi Wan Jango fight to shame.

5. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I guess we will have to wait and see but like i said Lucas repeats his major plot lines all over the prequels so i am sure this is going to be the pattern for the sequels. So right now i am sitting at 50/50 that he is coming back in one way or another. Also since Boba is a clone it would be real easy to find a reason to have him stay youthful and not have aged much... there is always a gimmicky way to explain the unexplainable...

6. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    He should totally return! How hard is it to believe that he escaped the Sarlacc?

7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Okay, I've said this a few times -- I don't want dead characters resurrected. However, if any of them did survive Boba Fett would make the most sense. But I ask you -- do you really want to see an old Boba Fett?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  8. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    As much as I am a fan of Boba Fett, I think it would be a bad idea. He would be way old by the time of Ep 7.

9. Maxim Kammerer

Maxim Kammerer Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2012
    Let him die already. I really tought they will kill him in Blood Ties. I like him but Cad Bane is more awesome, let's have stories about him But i don't want Bane in the movies either.

10. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I kind of doubt we'll actually see an old Boba. I'd guess that either he died in the Sarlacc or some time in the intervening years, but that either way he had a son, and that's who will be involved in the action. And even if we do see Boba again, I think it would be a small role as the aging mentor to that son... kind of a reverse of AOTC... maybe just a cameo for Morrison, no body armor, possibly even on his death bed.

11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I wanna see Boba Fett return - maybe someone else taking up the familiar armour and being a bounty hunter.

Bring back the old Fett voice!

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes they should bring back Boba Fett and Vader and merge them into one character. I give you: BOBARTH VADETT

Darth Trevius likes this.
  13. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Are clones able to procreate? After all Boba is a clone.

Anyways I never did care for him so let him rest in piece as he's being digested over a thousand years.

And to have an old Luke fight an old Boba and have that fight top young Obiwan and young Jango is completely illogical and nonsensical.

IMHO

14. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm a huge Boba Fett fan. He is in my top 10 of all-time SW characters, but he should not be brought back. I accept his continued saga in the EU, but there isn't a really place for him in the new films in my opinion. Nothing cheesy for these films. Let's keep these rich and progressive.

15. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Boba was a clone. I'm sure they could bring him back if they really wanted to...

16. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Maybe Disney retcons Boba back to life and give him his own movie? He could have survived the Sarlacc. Play up to the cult status of everybody's favorite Bounty Hunter

TreborSabreon and Darthsuggs like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wouldn't he become overexposed then? I just feel like the EU milked his character a little too much.

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I'd love a pre-Empire Strikes Back Boba film. Have him working for Jabba and ect maybe playing both sides ala "A Fistful of Dollars".

fishtailsam and TreborSabreon like this.
  19. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Does anyone else remember saving up proof of purchases to send away for Boba Fett?

stormcloud8 and PoorGreedo like this.
  20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Boba is an unaltered clone, so I don't see any reason why his genetic makeup and procreational abilities would be any different than a normal human's.

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Too young...But don't feel bad. Soon enough (if not already) there will be kids on here who weren't born when the Spec. Editions came out.

22. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    here is how we got special edition action figures back in the old days

http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailaways/fett.html

Darthsuggs likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Symmetry is one thing but IMO it would be a mistake for LFL to go to the "passing the torch" well too often in the ST. This isn't the Hatfields vs the McCoys. We don't need to see every generation of Solos and Fetts fighting. It's a BIG galaxy. There are more bad guys.

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    You know I wouldn't have an issue with there being a blood feud in Star Wars. Could be interesting. Doesn't need to be the Fetts and Solos but in general that could be cool.

25. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I feel that the EU treated Boba Fett exactly as he should have been treated. That is, bringing him back and making him an important figure. Even Lucas agreed that Fett was way too cool to kill him off the way they did. However, I don't really have an opinion on whether he should be brought back for the films or not.