main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

Interesting idea. I wouldn't be surprised if we followed the heroes on a quick pit-stop on Camino and they make a reference to "The other clone without genetic manipulation". I think he would have to have a new name, but still be have Fett as his last name. Could be cool.

2. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    For 30+ years I''ve failed to understand people's fascination with Boba Fett.

He's really a minor character.I find Jango more interesting as a character. Even so, his story arc is over and I don't need another Fett.

Maybe the mandalorians as such could play a role, but I don't know. I'm sure they could easily create other bounty hunters or huntresses

3. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Not sure why some people see the need to revive what is arguable the most overrated character in the franchise. I get he is insanely awesome in EU material. I am a fan of him in some of it even, but I'm not much for reviving a character just because he looked cool in the movies which would be the main reason they would do it. If you bring someone back, which they should not, it should be someone who can realistically bring purpose to the plot.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If you're referencing the films alone, then you and I are saying the same thing (and this is precisely why Boba Fett is ripe for some on-screen development), but the EU certainly provided substance to the character. He's all over those books, comics, etc.

I say bring him on!

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I hear what you're saying, but personally, as Boba is roughly the same age as Solo (2 1/2 yrs fifference) and I want Han there, then yes, I see no issue with Fett. Besides, with 140 being roughly the average lifespan in the GFFA, 70 is the new 40.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    No.

He added little to the originals anyway; and his death was pathetic.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Boba did a lot in EU material, so he can do a lot in movies. But he shouldn't have a major role given he already featured in previous movies and would likely be as old as the other original cast members. Having a 70 year old man flying around and kicking ass like Jango in AOTC would be ridiculous, same as it would be to see Tony Stark still piloting the Iron Man suit as a geriatric.

He can have influence sure, maybe be a Crime Lord or Mandalore.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I could see a badass in Mandalore armour showing up. Han et al think its Boba and he explains (briefly) that Boba escaped but was so badly damaged he went to Kamino and arranged to have another unaltered clone made before he died. New Fett is p***ed that "dad" was killed by our heroes and has a massive chip on his shoulder about it.

9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Wasn't Kamino destroyed and that's why stormtroopers aren't clones? I know that at best this is EU but I think more clones or"resurrection" of dead characters is a sure recipe for disaster.
    I'm not saying it can't be made into something that you can get to enjoy, or even like. But it's like introducing time travel to 're-

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Does anyone remember how the original Boba Fetts could actually shoot your eye out?

11. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Lol! Weren't they withdrawn? I remember mailing away for Boba, and later on Dengar and the Emperor (and much later on Mace Windu). Happy days....

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Passing the torch is a common theme in the whole saga. There are plenty of ways that the ST can stand apart from the first two trilogies, but I think it should also continue with the mirroring that has occurred already. We've seen a new generation of Fetts in each trilogy so far, so it would almost seem wrong not to include one in this trilogy. I'm not saying he should be a main bad guy or anything... certainly no more substantial than Jango or Boba, but for me it's just one of those things that at this point it wouldn't feel like Star Wars without.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think this is a fine idea. Having Boba appear as leader of the Mandalorians ("Mand'alor") would be entirely in keeping with his story up to this point and given that we've not seen much of Boba or the Mandalorians in the films, there could be a lot of return there.

As to your other proposal, Fett never seemed to see himself as a criminal. Rather, he always held that he was an agent of justice. Therefore, putting an aging Boba Fett in the role of crime lord could bring some interesting 'point-of-view' morality with it. Yes, I like where this could potentially take us quite a bit.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Boba never took sides really either (he questioned the Rebels fighting against a legitimate regime which he viewed the Empire as being) except when it benefitted him or his people, a Crime Lord works with whoever is of advantage at the time.
    Look at Hondo in TCW, he is a criminal but he often works with the heroes when it suits him to do so. He is a great character because of it, Boba Fett could be great in that kind of role if he gets too old to fight all the time.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    It's like Arms Dealers who double deal. War's part of the human condition, and they might as well make a profit off it. That's how I see people like Boba Fett anyway.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Don't forget Han Silo in Stormtrooper disguise. I had to eat two boxes of Frootloops in order to send away for that one. And I still have it!

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That's not a terrible idea. Except that Boba Fett isn't Mandalorian, As far as I know BF only wore Mandalorian armor. Now if they want to say he is now in the films in order to work in the Mandalorians I'm fine with that. In fact I would love to see the Mandalorians with or without Boba Fett.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I could see Boba Fett in a Littlefinger (Game of Thrones) type role. A schemer that seems to be playing both sides, but we are not entirely sure.

19. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Would love to see boba's daughter in the ST. She had a great role in the EU series legacy of the force. She was so hot. Hot chicks wearig mandalorian armor. God! Be so steamy! Bashing in a few skulls and wearing a jet pack, that's kind of girl.

Would be good to see boba too. Do you think he might help the Jedi order at some point? Would he wear Jedi robes?

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I get the feeling Boba hates Jedi, what with watching one decapitate his father and all . . .

21. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    The only way Fett is getting out of the Sarlacc is through its anus, after he's been fully digested.

22. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah, and doesnt that take like a thousand years? According to c3-po

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Never saw that one... but I did have Anakin Skywalker! [face_dancing]

24. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    thats the point ....the crappy EU ....will bring everyone back death will mean nothing....also thats one of the big reason the EU sucks

25. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    TCW isn't EU it's canon so Darth Maul came back.