main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    BREAKING EP 7 "OLD BOBA" PRODUCTION DESIGN LEAKED!

[​IMG]

FINALIZED VERSION!

[​IMG]

What a scoop!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  2. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Hundreds of EU stories and three resurrections. One of which never officially died and the other even George resurrected. Truly the EU is out of control in this area. Sorry, as an EU reader I just realize that your statements on the issue simply don't hold much water. I'll drop the issue though. We are just going around in circles now.

3. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    It's cool to disagree.

and being completely right helps me with this :D

4. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Only in your mind my friend :D

TreborSabreon and Robimus like this.
  5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Boba Fett is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) side characters in the Star Wars universe. Remember, Disney bought a "brand". Part of that brand is popular characters. Fett sells.. He'll be back..

6. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    Boba would be an old man. I doubt it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

7. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    What?

Boba has a humanoid form but you cannot claim that he is not a different humanoid than Luke. Leia or Han.

It does not take a genius to see that. I cant remember right off hand where Jango comes from but i am pretty sure its on another planet than the rest of the gang. ( i could be wrong but i doubt it )

It would be like going around and saying superman is from earth... No he's not! he's got a humanoid form but it does not mean that inside he is built like the average burger eating Joe ( physiology ). Plus Boba is somewhat engineered so the Kamino scientists could have done a few modifications to him. Jango said an unmodified clone of him, but what he probably meant is don't program him and don't grow him into an adult right away like the other clones.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The best part of this particular installment of "Nerds who just cannot let go..." is that even after Boba Fett does not return in the next 3 films... or the trilogy after that... in the year 2045, when we are discussing Episode 26 and the saga of Luke's great-great-great-great grandchild, this thread will still exist.

"ZOMG!!! He could still be alive! The Sarlaac takes 1,000 years to digest... what if Boba Fett reverse engineered the Sarlaac's digestive system from the inside - with science he learned from Taun We while growing up on Kamino and is able to live for 1,000 years off of the digestive fluids of the Sarlaac?!?!?!?1?!one!!!???! It's possible! That's why this is called 'speculation' fap fap fap! He would only be 762 years old!!! You don't know that it isn't possible."

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Lucas set the tone for everything, raising of the dead included.

Twas Lucas's idea to bring back Maul, and he also enjoyed Dark Empire - which raised Palpatine & Fett. Rant about the EU all you wish, Lucas loves the concept of bringing back the dead on a number of different levels.

Anyone can have personal canon. LFL though is very specific about what is canon and what is not and where everything falls into their canon tier system. Its really a simple system. You should check it out sometime.

TreborSabreon and Fleab88 like this.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If cinema & TV have taught us anything, it's that if you didn't see the dead body the character can be brought back.

11. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    This is all very well said. It is like I have been saying. Just because you dislike a concept does not mean it is not canon. People always complain about the EU not being G level canon, but then throw out anything they want to form the Attack of the Clones TV show.

Robimus likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes I can.

The rest of the gang??? What is this, Scooby Doo? Humans are found on a multitude of different planets. The human Jedi are from various places... like Stewjon.

Unmodified means unmodified: Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile... and no growth acceleration.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I can see him in a spinoff movie but I wouldn't want to see him as an old man in Ep7. Besides if they used Mandalorians for the bad guys you'd get all the "Boba Fetts" anyone could handle.

14. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    If only it was that simple.

Which movie version is canon?

THX, theinitial DVD release? The SE?, laserdisc, VHS?

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  15. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Some times we let our inner nerd take over...I have and never will care about levels of canon...I watch the movies....I watch TV...I have read a book or two on star wars but have no need to link em all together and "retcon" to make things fit. They all have merit for different people. most people going to these movies will have never heard of the EU this does not dis credit the EU but as far as a movie experience goes the EU has Jack ***T to do with the movies.

And if you enjoy them.... cool...but for the people who may not be at our nerd level they would not care what happened to Boba Fett in some book..... if they didn't see it on the big screen "FOR THEM" it just didn't happen. Once again to be very very clear I am talking a bout the majority of movie goers who have not read the books or seen TV shows.Who just have a cinema experiences to go by.

Also how does Darth maul take a crap?

16. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    And I guess my main point is they can use whatever content they want and help the audience understand it. it really isn't that difficult. Not saying they will or that they even should, but it wouldn't be that difficult. It's fine if canon is not that important to you, but some people care about accuracy according the creator of the whole franchise. If he said something happened, then it really did happen. If people choose not to acknowledge it then that is fine. It just seems beyond silly when people say G level canon is EU and thus never happened when the actual creator of the whole thing says differently. I see where you are coming form though, and I respect your opinion.

TreborSabreon and Saurion-Fett like this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Darth Maul takes crap from NO ONE!!!

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fett is dead. Bring him back, and you might as well do this:

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As just about everyone ackowledges film canon, what a glorious day it will be, indeed, if we get Boba in the ST, as it will forever cease this type of back-and-forth. I mean, sometimes it's fun, but it's been going on for years and it sure would be nice to be able to put it all to rest.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    George said in the ROTJ: BR commentary that he had no idea how popular the character actually was and even thought about trying to put a scene into the last release to show Fett had actually lived. That's good enough for me. :p

21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's also in the 2004 DVD commentary.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed. George's word on canon is all I need, too. At CVI this past summer, he reinforced it by coming right out and saying that Boba didn't die in the Sarlaac.

Of course, folks are always free to enjoy their own personal canon, but when you're talking official LucasFilm stance, as far as what "really" happened, it seems pretty plain and simple. I mean, since Lucas is the man who created both the character and the darn scene in question, it should be his call and he's made his opinion known.

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Easy way to show Fett lived: Just stick the Slave 1 taking off during the Tattooine celebration scene at the end of the film.

24. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    After seeing the posts on this thread no doubt people would still find a way to argue it.

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd hope so. Wouldn't be much of a forum if they didn't.