Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    That's guys wisee!
    I wanna see Watto, Dex. Lama Su, Bib Fortuna, Sebulba & The guy who sells deathsticks
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't mind Chewie, Threepio and Artoo. The others I feel would be better off dead and buried. It'd be nice knowing the galaxy was at peace for at least a century, no?
    Darth_Simasu likes this.
  3. David_Skywalker01 Force Ghost

star 3
    Wookiees live for like 200 years right, his apperance should not be too much different from RotJ.
  4. Barth Force Ghost

star 4
    Not a bad option. I would say Chewbacca, R2D2, C3P0, are great. I also think that Luke as a bearded, wise old Jedi and Leia as a queen or senetor or something would be great.
    Teaviex Cue and RAZORBLADE like this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    The problem with Chewie in the ST is two fold. The first is that Chewie and Han are a packaged deal. If we see one we'll expect the other, and Harrison Ford's participation in the ST is a toss up at best. He was always ambivalent about participating in the OT.The other problem is that Chewie is clearly dead as of Vector Prime, and he died in a way that really can't be retconned.
    Last edited by Chancellor_Ewok, Oct 31, 2012
    Ordo Skirata likes this.
  6. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Bothans. Bothans. Bothans.
  7. Womprataouille1974 Jedi Youngling

Count on some, but not too much EU to make its way into the new trilogy. That being said, I think the likelihood of Chewbacca returning is high, given that he is a fan-favorite and can be written into further stories regardless of whether Mayhew wants to do it or not, (but he probably will)....
  8. Womprataouille1974 Jedi Youngling

Saw Chewie in Ep. III and it worked out fine. Didn't need Han then, don't necessarily need him now. Really, I would love to see Solo again, but my gut just tells me that Ford won't do it. And again, the EU (ie. novels and comics) are not film canon and should not be expected to be followed by the film-makers, Lucas or otherwise
    Last edited by Womprataouille1974, Oct 31, 2012
    V-2 and darksideyesplease like this.
  9. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Chewie appeared in Episode III without Han, and although it's unlikely, I wouldn't count out Harrison's involvement entirely. As far as EU, the fact is that they can choose to honor those stories or not. I vote not, although I know it will anger a lot of people if they don't.
  10. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    Yoda, Obi-Wan (if they can convincingly age Ewan), and Anakin can return as Force ghosts. Luke could return in the flesh or as a ghost depending on what the timeframe is. The droids and Chewie could still also be around. Beyond that, I want all new characters.
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Oct 31, 2012
  11. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes! Chewie for sure, still on the Falcon like a salty old space wookie.
  12. David_Skywalker01 Force Ghost

star 3
    R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewie, Luke in the role of Ben Kenobi, maybe a cameo of Han and Leia.

Oh and Wedge!
  13. PrincessKenobi E7 Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Many Bothans died to bring you this movie?
  14. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4
    Why won't Ford do it?? He did Cristal Skull and is on for another Indy film.
  15. Riven_JTAC Jedi Master

star 3
    YES.

"Um... in the shop... it is?"
  16. tom Scattergories Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    chewbacca will die in the first five minutes of episode 7 when he falls off his roof while attempting to hang "life day" lights. this will leave jaded and troubled orphan chewbacca junior to be raised by a grumpy and elderly han solo. hilarious hijinks will ensue. fans can look forward to recurring incoherent moans followed by han shouting "i know i'm not your dad!"
  17. David_Skywalker01 Force Ghost

star 3
    He isn't the hero in Star Wars. Ford does not like supporting roles.
  18. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4

Han Solo is not the hero in Star wars? So it's Darth Vader, right?
    V-2 likes this.
  19. hothie Jedi Master

star 2
    MAJOR BREN DERLIN!!!!! I think it's a foregone conclusion that he will be in these films...
  20. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    He likes playing Indy. He never really liked playing Han. And somebody explain to me how Chewie appearing in the ST isn't a problem. The deaths of Bobba Fett and Darth Maul were semi-ambiguous and could be easily undone. Bobba Fett fell into the Sarlaac. Undoing Darth Maul's death was more problematic because Obi-wan cut him in half, but it was nothing that a pair of droid legs couldn't fix. Undoing Chewie's death would be virtually impossible because he died when the Vong dropped a moon on him. I'd love to have Chewie in these movies. but it would create a huge continuity problem, and I don't see how you explain that away.
  21. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Just stop it, Jay :p
  22. tom Scattergories Winner

Game Winner
    star 6
    uh, they aren't basing the films on the eu so... yeah.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Emperor: Community & Lit

Manager
    star 10
    It wouldn't be Star Wars without him, and you know it.
  24. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    A Luke vs Palpatine lightsaber fight would be quite epic, like in the comics.
  25. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Simple. Just ignore the EU.
    V-2, CassiusClayDarth and Doug625 like this.