main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

Yes, it's possible Dooku killed him and used his identity to negotiate the creation of the army. Those are the kinds of possibilities I think exist.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The main advantage with "He really did order the army" is it makes the Jedi willingness to report it to the Senate, a bit less odd.

"Trustworthy Jedi Master orders army for republic"

vs

"person or persons unknown pretending to be Jedi, orders army for republic"

Which would convince the Jedi that the Republic should use this army?

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Is it ever explained how Dyas died? Not from my knowledge. So either he was killed and his identity stolen to negotiate the Clones as cover? OR, he was controlled and influenced to do so and after the deal was done with the Cloners he was told to kill himself? Don't know about you? But I'm kinda leaning toward the prior. And who possibly could've done that?? Hmm..

4. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Not in the movies. There may be some EU thing out there I don't know about. But the movie leaves these circumstances a mystery.

5. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

They don't know anymore about the truth behind the creation of that army than we do, that's the point. We know what they know, which is nothing.

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Is it ever explained how Dyas died? Not from my knowledge.[/quote]

Only that he was murdered by Dooku- in Labyrinth of Evil.

The Essential Guide to Warfare was the first source to state outright that Sifo-Dyas placed the order before being murdered.
    In AoTC Yoda does say he's going to go to Kamino and investigate the cloners.

7. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Well, again. That's EU. If you like that explanation, that's fine. But it's not in the movies.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    How about the Episode III Visual Dictionary? That also states Dooku murdered Sifo-Dyas.

9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think I have been pretty clear, I only care about what's in the movies.

I do prefer to think that Dooku killed the man, I just like that the movies leave it open, and open it should remain as far as the movies go.

10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Only that he was murdered by Dooku- in Labyrinth of Evil.

The Essential Guide to Warfare was the first source to state outright that Sifo-Dyas placed the order before being murdered.
    In AoTC Yoda does say he's going to go to Kamino and investigate the cloners.[/quote]
    You see, I'd never read that. And I came up with the Dooku link while actually watching the film. Maybe it was just a hunch.

11. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Or the quote by Yoda "Only two there are. No more, no less. A master and and an apprentice." I read the book. It was awful. Just talks about the boring Darth Plaguies and his obsession with Midi-Chlorians. A huge dissapointment from what I got from LOE and Dark Lord (among others) that Luceno has written. Stay away.

12. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I was under the impression that LOE was G-Canon for its reference in the movies? Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The movie novelizations are G-canon (at least, everything in them that comes from Lucas)- but not novels like LoE.

However, if someone only cares about what's in the movies, not the EU- not even movie novelization EU- that's their prerogative.

Jcuk and Captain Tom Coughlin like this.
  14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not sure if you are asking me or Iron Lord. You'll probably get two very different answers. I reject that entire tiered canon notion in it's entirety.

Jcuk likes this.
  15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

I agree, and also that it is the prerogative of any individual that likes to incorporate EU explanations into their viewpoint. There is no one right way to look at it. We're all right, in our own ways.

16. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm cool with that.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  17. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    So, that's settled then, a force supported Plagueis alongside a freshly stasis thawed Sifo-Dias sale in on a shiny new Death Star III at the start of the film. It's powered by enslaved Ewoks. Jar-Jar is leading the Rebel fleet after a 60year absence on a distant mission. It's also revealed that force ghosts are actually the Jedi communicating from the future, that's why their bodies disappear they are catapulted 50 years into the future and are able so send back echoes to advise.

I think that's the movie nobody wants to see made..........maybe?

Side point: Does anyone else think that Sifo-Dias sounds similar to Sidious?

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Well, in begins with S and ends in s

20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I would go to see it just for "powered by enslaved Ewoks" [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually, GL solves the Sifo-Dyas mystery in the ROTS commentary.

22. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Lucas says lots of things. He didn't put it in the movie.

kubricklynch likes this.
  23. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Sifo-Dyas is a dead end.

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Snakes......why does it always have to be snakes?

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I seem to remember, when I first saw AOTC back in 02, that "Sifo-Dyas" was implied to never have existed as he was told. In fact, his name was originally Sido-Dyas (Get it, like Sidious) but a typo changed the d to an f. I'm guessing that hinted to the true purpose of it. Shame that didn't make it into the movie like it was meant to.