main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You missed my post from a little while before yours ;)

DarthBreezy likes this.
  2. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    actually...

Who wants to give him the news first? One has to be delicate with these things... telling a fanboy that is EU died is no task for the faint of heart...

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Who him? Chewie? Which EU fanboy? :confused: Did someone miss it other than me?

*yeah, sarcasm - I saw I missed the post too late to edit, and last I checked, I wasn't a him nor was I a fan of the EU *shudder*

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If you notice, I put a wink there... I know the EU's version of events may not have any bearing on VII. SOME elements could easily be included while the story remains "original", so Chewie's fate could still be up in the air.

5. Han Burgundy

Jan 28, 2013
    haha ok, good to know... and just to clarify, I wasn't using "fanboy" in the derogatory sense. We're all fanboys here.

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Yeah Chewie is dead R.I.P..........

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Chewie needs to go Rambo and put that bandoleer to use, no sense of carrying all that extra ammo otherwise.

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The charm is not seeing it.......

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Chewie laughs at Death and rips his arms out of his sockets! [face_devil] You can't keep a good Wookiee down, he'll be back. ;)

eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  10. Han Burgundy

Jan 28, 2013
    I admit, it's gonna be sad knowing that Peter Mayhew's not the one behind the fur this time around (what with his physical issues and all I doubt he'll be up to it.)

So who should replace him? My votes on Paul Gasol! They have almost the same physicality and he's only an inch shorter!

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I love the though of a super bad ass Chewie. He defiantly deserves more spotlight.

12. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    My guess would be that we end up with a CGI Chewie

13. Han Burgundy

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

No.

14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think it's what's most likely to happen

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm sure they can find someone else that's 7' 2".

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    While a CGI Chewie would be easy to do, I think it would be better all around if it was just a guy in a costume. It's not like the costume is difficult or unconvincing.

What's next? CGI Vader for the OT super special editions?

17. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I never said that I thought a CGI Chewie was good, I just said I think that's what they will do.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not sure about others, but I always understood that. I think you made it clear.

If Chewie is in it, I'm not sure what they'll do. A costumed Chewie seems so obvious and easy to me, I'm not sure why they would go out of their way to CGI him. Then again, another part of me realizes that for some reason they (as in people who make movies) like to do this **** a lot nowadays, even when I cannot find a good reason. CGI is just prevalent. "Nowadays" isn't even that accurate, it's been like this for at least a decade, people just like using CGI.

It's not that I'm totally against CGI, I just think a costumed Chewie would be better in every way I can think of atm.

I was against CGI clone troopers way back when AOTC came out, but in the last few years I've grown to greatly appreciate the use of CGI for an army of identical beings and now absolutely approve the choice over costumed extras.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm honestly not sure what I think of the idea of a CGI Chewie, I suppose it would depend on the end result. I generally don't love CGI characters but sometimes they work. I think the best example of one that worked well was Caeser in the latest "Apes" movie.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Pure CGI Chewie would be a horrible idea. Motion capture Chewie might be interesting, though I still hope first and foremost for a guy in a costume.

21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Up in the air? As in between a moon and a planet? I like what you did there ;)

Anyways, with regards to the OP. Hell yeah, I wanna see Chewie on a proper one wookie rampage!

22. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Not according to Geroge Lucas and Peter Mayhew.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/01/16/mayhews-contract-may-include-three-more-star-wars-films

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, I would love to see Chewy "get angry"

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Question: When Han said Wookiees were known to pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose, do you think he meant dislocated shoulders or dismemberment?

I think he meant dislocation, which really isn't that impressive, humans can do it.

It actually reminds me of orangutans, who are known to accidentally dislocate shoulders when shaking the hands of humans because they don't know their own strength.

25. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Agreed.

Though CGI has gotten much more convincing, I actually wouldn't mind a return to the classic puppet/animatronic approach.

Never happen, though.