main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    A spinoff would be fine with me too, as long as it takes place prior to ROTJ and not after it.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys, you're arguing two different things. Whether or not it's plausible that Boba Fett could survive the Sarlacc is not the same as "Should he be in Episode VII?".

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    He's a gangster, gangsters deal with dangerous people. That is the nature of being a gangster. And what do we see in Jabba, we see a man who respects who he thinks is a bounty hunter threatening him with the Star Wars equivalent of a hand grenade, and he laughs it off as a matter of routine. This is a character who deals with dangerous people the way most people deal with the people in their office.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    How is that two different things? If it's not plausible that he survived, he should not be in the sequels.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Business as usual. ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    And of course, we're dealing with a guy who got punked out in the first place. That's how he ended up dead. If he was such a superman he wouldn't be in there

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Since no one has posted this yet here, I'll repost this picture from a few months ago:

[​IMG]

My feelings regarding Boba Fett in the new films are mixed. While I would be happy to see him in a spinoff film, either before or after RotJ (the latter only if it can be convincingly pulled off for the audience), I'd much prefer if they avoided him showing up in the ST because of the controversy it is bound to attract, as evidenced by the opinions throughout this thread. You either love the idea, or you loathe it, bottom line. I like Toonimator's idea that he would be retired and out of the way if he did in fact survive the Sarlacc like the EU states. That way he doesn't need to show up in the ST but EU fans can still be satisfied.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How much damage would a grenade do to a Hutt? Just wondering.
    If he was going to throw someone into the pit wouldn't he make sure they were weaponless so less chance of something going wrong? Isn't that why R2 had the lightsaber? To sneak it in? The people he threw in didn't have jedi-like reflexes and a droid on the inside. Besides a Jedi is never helpless.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Because, whether or not it's plausible is a matter of opinion. However, resurrecting characters could turn a lot of people off to the ST. I love Boba and don't have a problem with him surviving the Sarlacc, but I don't want him in the ST because I know it would bother others. It's just a bad decision to risk alienating part of the fanbase just to please Boba fans.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  10. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    What does Luke's lightsaber have to do with Fett getting out? Luke isn't in there with him. Luke got away, Fett did not.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Boba Fett doesn't have Jedi-like reflexes. At least I hope not.

12. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, it is a matter of opinion. And that is what we are discussing here, our opinions about whether or not it's wise to bring this character back to the sequels. Obviously if you're like me and think it's hacky to bring him out of the pit, you don't feel like he should be in the sequels. Which is what this thread is asking of us/

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Fett does have a high-tech suit full of weapons that should be able to help him escape the Sarlacc.

14. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    If they wanted Fett to survive, they should have shown us that. To bring him back now so many years after the fact is just hacky fan service, of the kind that they should really avoid.

StoneRiver likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I guess my point is that it would be unwise to bring him back even if one DOES find it plausible.

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013

Ah, I see what you're saying :D

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Kinda hard to show us that since this is the 1st new thing after ROTJ in 30 years OOU. He isn't going to escape immediately or by the end of the movie. Might take him weeks or months.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a different opinion about it for the different mediums. When I read the novels I loved that Boba Fett survived because I liked his character and I got I to read more of his adventures. However, when I think of the films I just don't think it works as well without coming off as rather cheesy. If that makes any sense at all. :p

19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I will say that it seemed more believable that he could survive before the Special Editions when they added the Little Shop of Horrors mouth to the Sarlacc.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    True.

21. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It makes perfect sense, that's one of the reasons why I consider the EU it's own little separate thing. That's not a knock on the EU.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    More discussion on bringing back deceased characters?
    [​IMG]

Please God, give us a NEW Star Wars movie.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This would be true if Fett was dead. He's just trapped. Not dead. No resurrections necessary.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If that weren't debatable we wouldn't be beating this dead horse.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.