main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think I outlined this a bit earlier, but a Boba Fett spin-off done in a Batman Begins tone could be really interesting, and still tie in to the big picture as well.

I think a moonlit Tatooine night opening the film, with a sudden blast and Fett launching out of the Sarlacc would be awesome. Perhaps he is seriously injured, and barely makes his way to a settlement where he is enslaved or imprisioned. Unknown to his captures, Boba bargains for his freedom by taking on an impossible bounty that in the end turns out to be the recovery of an artifact that comes into play in the ST.

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    no one can prove the horse is dead either.

LunarMoth likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently not. Even if it gets bisected, thrown down a Death Star reactor or falls into a sarlacc pit.

Darth Chiznuk and Sith-Mullet like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Except, that the intention of the narrative is that he died. If the intention of the narrative was that he was trapped then the film would have shown that. Trust me man, I'm a huge Boba fan and loved that they brought him back in the EU, but it's not what the film intended. Same goes for Vader, Palpatine, Maul, and Plagueis.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's the narrative of the 6 film saga talking. The ST will change that. The story continues so anything can happen.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That does not mean it should happen

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    And thank God for the very talented and thoughtful people making this movie, who in all likelihood, are not going to make this some foolhardy and ridiculous "reunion of the dead SW characters that aren't really dead" movie.

8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Boba is dead, the Emperor? That's another story...

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  9. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    It would have been nice to have seen Boba Fett escape from the Sarlac Pit or for him to have shown up on Endor to settle the score with Han. However, I think it would have taken away from the story of Vader. If Boba was dropped into the mix it would have distracted from the real heart of the story.

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    yes in the mask, i bet most people wont even think about his age, if Han can be active and heroic so can Boba (active and vengeful)i see Boba as an old gnarled gunslinger you'd see in an old western.... its funny all this 'new stuff' talk, one of the debates about the PT was that it was to different from the OT, now people are saying they want the ST completely different, you really cant please all the people, all the time

Trebor Sabreon and Echo-07 like this.
  12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I actually agree with you 100% on the pleasing part. You can't and if you try you end up pleasing no one IMO.

I don't know if I'd like to see an old Fett, but you make a good point -- old, grizzled gunslinger vs old grizzled bounty hunter is intriguing and don't forget that GL has said many times that westerns were the last true bastion of mythology in cinema (before SW.)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Although an icon, Boba Fett would probably be of little use to the storyteller in the ST. His appearance would just be fan candy, but a figurative return of the Mandolorians suit, could serve the story well.

There, everybody happy?

14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

No, I want something brand new!!! :p

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Technically, with all the weapons on him too, he should. Haveblasted his way out of him.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Reminder: This thread is for "specific character in Ep 7" discussion.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Merging the "Boba Fett in Ep 7" thread into the overall "Character ____ in Ep 7" thread.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Something new? You mean being creative, thoughtful and original? You mean taking us in new directions, bringing us excitement and intrigue with new villains and heroes, instead of some stale and trite rehashing of everything from the old series?

Gee, what a novel idea.

19. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    What would be new would be to see a new spin on an old character. Like Chewbacca, shaved. I hope we see a shaved Chewbacca in Episode VII. And I would like to finally see the power converters at Tosche Station.

20. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Star Wars in its essence is the modern myth, i.e. stories borrowed from our common humanity set in a GFFA. The themes and stories in SW are NOT new and original. They borrow heavily from what came before. The names and faces may change, but the stories are the same...A Hero of a Thousand Face. You cannot reinvent the wheel, but you can borrow from it. Being creative doesn't mean making something new. It means borrowing from the existing traditions to tell old stories differently. So, if you like SW, expect to see new faces performing old myths.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

I'm seeing the "Chewbacca: Shaved or Unshaved?" threads appearing already.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's pretty much how I felt. I read the Thrawn trilogy when it first came out and thought, this is it, they shouldn't come out with anymore books pertaining to the OT cast. But lo and behold, then there was Truce at Bakura, which completely sucked. After some time had gone by, they decided to release NJO. I was like, okay, I'll give it a try. *sigh* I couldn't even get through the first book. It did not feel like a Star Wars book, at all - I'm sorry. Yavin 4 was an old Sith temple that Luke wanted to use as the new Jedi temple? Really? That's a worse idea than having Chewbacca in ROTS.

23. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    so right SW is a mix of old Robin Hood films, knights of the round table, flash gordon, the rocketeer, sinbad, westerns, samurai films and was partly inspired by GL's love of dragracing ie the fighters/podracers. I just want Fett hiding in the shadows.......actually thinking about it a Han/Boba gunslingers duel would not be entirely unlike Vader/Obi Wan in ANH

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So you are agreeing with me?

I certainly hope you are not informing me that the larger themes of SW are not new (given I am over the age of 12, I would know that). Aside from the larger themes and the old-school sci fi structure of the plots (in a broad sense), there is a huge portion of SW that is extremely ground breaking and creative (including a lot of the specifics of the plots as well as the special effects and such).

Circular_Logic likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I was sincerely offering a response to your thoughts, and to offer my thought that the map of the ST will be/should be deeply anchored within the larger SW mythology, namely the OT and PT. If, in my opinion, the TPTB want this addition to the story to be successful. Star Wars is already an original Mythology. In many ways the OT and PT provide the map for the ST. I hope the writer(s) follow it. The ST needs to be part of the existing SW myth in order to succeed and, quite possibly, provide a conclusion. But please, be gracious and excuse me for any misunderstanding.