Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait how can TCW be thrown out? It takes place before ROTJ....unless Disney plans on screwing all the EU pre-ROTJ.

U No Make No sense.
    Last edited by StarWarsFan91, Nov 1, 2012
  2. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    T-Canon, Ramza, T-Canon. There's no escape!
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    SHUT UP I AM IN MY HAPPY DENIAL BUBBLE JACK.

HAPPY.

DENIAL.

BUBBLE.

A man can dream.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 1, 2012
  4. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    That's basically me with all of TCW's retcons; I understand. [face_sigh]
    Last edited by JackG, Nov 1, 2012
  5. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    For a second I thought you were calling him BubbleJack.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Such is the peril of miscommunication I bring upon myself by posting all-caps sentences with minimal punctuation, I'm afraid. :p
    zarkinfrood likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well a man can dream...in hopes that the EU pre and post ROTJ will be preserved. For without the EU....the Star Wars universe would be smaller, more stale, and not have very many characters, and not a lot of info on movie characters. We would not know a lot about the history/cultures/alien races/planets of the GFFA if the EU did not exist.

So i have to say, thank you Lucas for allowing the EU to exist, and thank you authors for making the EU....and PLZ Disney work with the men in charge of the EU at Lucasfilm....so they can create an amazing new film, an original story, without treading on previous EU. After all, EU material can me made, and be very good quality, without trampling on other EU.
  8. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I googled 'bubblejack' and all I got was an image of some potent form of marijuana.

Edit: Maybe Lucas was smoking some bubblejack when he thought up episodes VII -IX.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  9. Vespasian Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I would love to see Lando as Supreme Chancellor!

Not evil as Palpatine, not weak like Valorum, but a no-bull-***** kind of shadowy Chancellor. I think he'd so much more complex in that role than Leia.

Mav Edit: The whole word need to be starred out
    Last edited by mavjade, Nov 1, 2012
  10. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    So? They're movies, not a Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting - that level of detail is unnecessary and pointlessly restrictive to the direction of potential plots. I don't see why LFL should chain itself to a bloated corpse before it allows itself to make a new movie, except apparently to appease "fans" who are incapable of enjoying a work the instant it stops being "canon," whatever that means on a given day.
  11. mutantchair Jedi Padawan

Since when did Star Wars characters have to survive to show up in later movies? (Duh, Jedi ghosts.)
  12. StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost

star 4
    But Star Wars is more then just movies. The franchise is not just defined by movies, but video games, comics, books, tv series. So why should movies take priority then? Why must a new movie, cause the destruction of some EU? It doesn't need to if you actually think about it. The EU has caused the universe to become HUGE, and therefore there is PLENTY of room to make an AMAZING new film, without treading on other star wars material. After all, i do believe star wars is the largest fictional universe ever.

And no the movies by themselves are not a Dungeons & Dragons campaign....but in a way....the whole franchise together is.

What makes Star Wars so great, is that it can combine movies, books, tv series, video games, into one amazing universe. Sure mistakes are made....retcons have to happen, but generally speaking, the star wars universe fits, even when it comes from so many different sources.

And the EU is not a bloated corps, it is just one of the parts that make up the life blood of the franchise, the movies being the other part.
    Last edited by StarWarsFan91, Nov 1, 2012
  13. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    The EU will have to adapt to the sequels, as it's happened before, with the SE and the PT. That may mean some creative retconning, that may mean a reboot. Whining about it won't change a thing.
  14. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I'm a die-hard EU fan as the next man but we must accept these changes, as radical and unnecessary as they may be. Maybe it's TCW's destruction of canon that's readied me for this or maybe it's the current grim state of post-RotJ EU, but I'm half ready for something like this. That being said - I want respect of the EU where possible.
  15. Matsemitsu Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, when I saw ROTJ, it was made pretty clear to me that falling into the Sarlacc means a thousand years of death. Rather unambiguous as well. Fett fell in - he was dead. As a matter of fact, of all the resurrections that the EU has done, this has always been one of the more unconvincing to me. You could just as easily say something along the lines of "He had a concealed force field generator on him which protected him from the impact, he survived and then went on to fight the Vong on his own and wasn't seen again for 20 years, because, you know, 20 years is like two weeks for a Wookiee and he just had to have some time for himself after the ordeal" or whatever. There, I just wrote the EU writers a neat little retcon. And retconning is EU business, not something that the creatives behind Episode VII will want to do. They will want to have Chewie in it, I figure.
  16. DarthRuss Jedi Master

I was just pretending I was Disney and "forgot" it.[face_whistling]
  17. Rodimus1980 Jedi Grand Master

Since the EU is not canon anymore, Chewie should be considered alive and well until we have a movie that says otherwise.
    V-2 likes this.
  18. Rodimus1980 Jedi Grand Master

I wonder if Harrison Ford didn't like his Han Solo character because of George Lucas and not the character himself?
  19. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't say that nothing in the EU is Canon...I'd say what has not been deemed anything other than Canon by the films remains Canon until a Film says otherwise.
    Last edited by EviL_eLF, Nov 1, 2012
  20. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I hope they leave Chewie out.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk
  21. EviL_eLF Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe he's dead until proven otherwise. Don't expect him at all.
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Remember kids, only previously published authors are eligible for SW work... because that ensures quality! [face_laugh]
  23. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    If given other options I wouldn't have killed Chewbacca, because killing Chewbacca to "raise the stakes" is cheap. But then again the whole NJO was an abyss that we would all do well to forget.
  24. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    If they Bring Chewy back they have to bring jar Jar back as well.
  25. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Jar Jar and Chewy would make a great team, I want to see a movie based on their relationship!