main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will it begin with the classic opening crawl?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CuppaJoe, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Yes according to Ashoka a poster here:
    There is a montage like the 2D show showing different battles in the Clone Wars and I'm guessing there will kind of be a news-reel narration like the show will have.

2. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    I'll give up! I'm not sure if the final showing would be the same, since what we watched was "Pre-edited".

Did someone mention "No Grievous"? But hey! He's in the trailers! The webdocs! And even one of the TV Spot!

Does that give you a clue? (And more slip to join the wicked Count Cooku [face_laugh]).

And why, in the midst of a movie with already 3 planets to battle on... Is there a shot of 2 Jedis hanging about on a Death Star? And why more are they so brief? I wonder now... [face_whistling]

3. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Did the opening go something like this?:

Space battle, separatists on cruiser, zoom out shot with Palpatine, Mace, and Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto and Plo Koon fighting on the "Death Star", then Jabba's son getting kidnapped by the squid ship?

I've seen this footage as well from the Comic Con presentation video on some website you can see in in there. I'll find a link.

Edit: here it is from same website as George and Dave interview. There's footage from 5:12-5:35. It's in the middle. Also there's other clips around it.
    http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=13685

4. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Wait, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not - is Grievous in the movie? This is the one thing I would really like to know. I'm afraid that his appearance in the trailer was just from the show, and put in the trailer for the heck of it. I'm sure he makes just a small appearance, but I'm curious. [face_peace]

5. RedSeven

RedSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2007
    I sure hope it'll start with the opening crawl! Then it'll really feel like a live-action Star Wars film!

6. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I'm sorry to say that it will not be opening with the classic crawl. Apparently there will be something different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.