main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will it meet up to your dreams

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by padawan_ry, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_ry

padawan_ry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I think it Eppy 3 might let me down just like TPM , but a nerd can dream!

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    if Episode III is as better as AOTC was better than TPM, it will fulfill my dreams.

I think I might be pretty emotional watching it though - once the credits start rolling, look out!

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I don't think I can develop any expectations on it until I've at least seen a trailer.

Hopefully I'll like it at least a little more than I did TPM. However, SW films have yet to really 'let me down' though!

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Tiniwiel_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2002
    If it's anything like my dreams,expect a bunch of dinosaurs to come in and kill everyone!

5. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    i grew up on the OT but honestly cant remember the first time i saw any of those movies.. it's like i was born with the knowledge of the Star Wars story lol.. so for me.. watching a Star Wars movie for the very first time is an experience of a life-time! both times... when i first watched TPM and AotC in the theatre .. i left thinking "wow, that is now my favorite Star Wars movie" .. of course .. after that shock wears off i morph back into my die-hard OT fan self.. but there is something about watching a Star Wars movie for the first time that just takes my breath away.. and therefore, i dont think i will be dissappointed by Ep III .. i might get a little emotional at the end of the movie though lol :_|

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I dun care what anybody says. Either the critics or even fellow star wars fans. Episode III is the last of its kind, and for me its a very sad end but I believe that the end would be the best of the six episodes in terms of storyline and effects. In my heart it will be better than any other episode.

7. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I don't think it will meet up with my dreams ...
    AotC didn't meet up with my dreams ... :(

8. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I don't think there is anyway Episode 3 can live up to my expectations

9. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I have no dreams (about Ep.III at least). I am just looking forward to seeing what Lucas puts up on the big screen and completing the story of SW. People who go into ANY movie expecting to see certain things will almost always be disappointed since not everything you want to be there will be there.

I remember after seeing AOTC and enjoying it very much, I moved over from the non-spoiler forum to the spoiler forum. Most of what I found there were people complaining about certain scenes missing from the movie that were in the script and how other scenes weren't what they expected. I felt bad that these people didn't see the movie that I saw.

10. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    "People who go into ANY movie expecting to see certain things will almost always be disappointed since not everything you want to be there will be there."

This is true, I went into The Matrix Reloaded not knowing or expecting anything, and I loved it.

11. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    "I think it Eppy 3 might let me down just like TPM"

If you think it, then it'll happen for you. Dont be surprised when you feel let down, though. You're expecting it. In fact, going by that statement, you should be disappointed either way. If Eppy 3 lets you down then you were right, and you're let down. But if it rekindles some sort of status in you for it, then you were wrong about what you expected it to be. Both ways, you loose.

I expect it to be just as amazing as the first two prequals.

Isurus the White

12. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I just hope Dorme doesn't die!!!!!!!!

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    man!!! if anyone disses on Ep3 when im leaving the premiere im gonna pull out a nine and blast him ;) LOL wether its good or not, its gonna be the end of a legend

14. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yup, "end of a legend". Birth of evil. Birth of a hero. Beginning of an end.For all of us.

15. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Well seeing that AOTC was a very good film and a vast improvement over the monstrocity TPM I think that Episode 3 will be excellent.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    heh heh, if you talk to me immediately after seeing Episode III on opening night, I'd probably tell you that it's the best movie I've ever seen.

The same thing pretty much happened with TPM and AOTC. Then, after seeing them about 10 times, I was ready to deliver a better, calmer, more descriptive review.

The thing that DOES scare me is that Lucas seems to have left so many plot threads to complete in Ep. III, as has been noted before. He has a lot to explain and wrap up, and I don't want it to be rushed or half-assed.

That is the only thing that makes me anxious.

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yah, sometimes too much plot in one episode can lead to a "plot freeze".

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    PLOT freeze ey? ooh well... as long as it has a KILLER sabre duel I couldnt care less!!! I want to see at leaste ONE good sword fight in a Star Wars movie

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Yeah!! Sword fight and space/land battle!!

20. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Yes. For no other reason than it's Star Wars.

A part of me would sell my soul to see it now but another part of me never wants to see it because then the saga would be over. I will cry at the end of Episode III. Tears of both sorrow and joy. It'll be a rainbow day (Now that poetry is better than "You're in my very soul, tormenting me.").

I will talk the ears off anyone who complains about it and then chop off their heads (with what I'm expecting, we'll see it a lot!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.