main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will IX be the end of the Skywalkers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    I hope not. I will miss them and I am not ready to let go.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    For me SW was always Jedi, Sith, Dark siders, Good & Bad, a social message, a closed predictable universe, the force, wisdom, fairy tale character, lightsabers, etc.
    Obviously out of fashion all this seems....

Wildcatbarry and Roosterq like this.
  3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I'm waiting to see the Last Jedi before voicing my opinion but after seeing TFA, i know one thing: The New Republic needs to come back following the events of this trilogy. the Galaxy needs the Republic and peace.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I say one more trilogy..

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It does rather looks like it...

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The future trilogy could easily focus on a new republic (wasn't that GL's idea?)

7. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I think it was.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing George's Script treatment. Let him produce it and see what sticks.

Also wouldn't mind a story about the Academy or seeing that come.

And no, I don't think it will be the end of the Skywalkers. As I've said before and I will say it again. You can't have a Potter story without a Potter in it, and you can't have a Star Wars story without a Skywalker in it.

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I wouldn't mind it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there will always be some kind of Star Wars media that includes them.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  9. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I think it's kind of silly that one solitary bloodline should monopolize the storytelling in an entire galaxy of characters, generation after generation, for eternity. That's one thing about Legends I won't miss.

Kerlosh, Dewback and Mostly Handless like this.
  10. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    No Luke = no more Skywalkers for me. Please let it end. Hope Kylo Ren dies by getting kicked in the nads by Jar Jar Binks. He's our only hope.

nightangel likes this.
  11. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    Even if they want to, I would be surprised if Lucasfilm doesn't at least leave themselves a trap door in case the new trilogy doesn't catch fire.

12. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Episode IX will be the end of the Skywalkers, but for a lot of fans-myself included-VIII was the end of Star Wars period.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It seems the whole stuff is killing itself because of producers and directors who want to be super extravagant downgrading the dreams of the fandom to mainstream nonsense. We saw this at Alien, X-Men, Hellboy, etc. etc.
    Really, whats so difficult to keep the SW spirit (Jedi, Dark siders, lightsabers, good vs. bad, some grey Jedis, etc.)
    Anyway, I am looking forward for the proposed Obi Wan trilogy (3 movies about an old guy on a sand planet hiding), an entertaining Boba Fett and Han Solo spin off and future RJ action movies without a deeper meaning. I am so disappointed that Disney/LF took the direction they did with Kylo and Luke now even trying to redeem this dirtbag selling young people the message that you can even do the worst and still grow into a hero role. For me that is not what SW or the Skywalkers are standing for. Let them end and please close this inglorius chapter.

Darth Nikean and nightangel like this.
  14. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Thing is they've been trying this for a while now to pull away from the Skywalker clan and also make it more accessible to mainstream audiences (don't know how it couldn't be in the first place there are only six films prior to ST). Look at what happened in NJO. The heads of the EU said that they were going to go a more dramatic way back in the day and they went whole hog on it. Killed Chewie, made Han depressed for a long time, killed Anakin Solo, changed several characters. Made it where the Jedi couldn't normally fight the bad guys. Made the Bad guys not force senstive and also masochistic in nature for some odd reason...relate to Edgy teens maybe? Then turned Jacen Solo evil, had it where his daughter is some sort of cross between dark and light. Kill off Mara Jade, and pretty much lead into Jana marrying into the Empire and not staying with Jagged or something. Having Ben Skywalker nearly hook up with a Sith, who I think had a similar story to Ben's now that I think about it, and have the cast fight against a Cuthulu like monster that was in the Maw of space. I mean the Vong nearly wiped out a number of important characters, and Cade Skywalker's story was just as dark later in the comics.

My guess, they wanted to do what they did with the EU to bring in the more "mature" audience that saw it as kids stuff or for geeks. Only thing is, that story telling doesn't work with this setting and ended up pissing people off. I don't see this as a Disney thing, I see this as more a LF thing.

panki and Darth Smurf like this.
  15. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I want to know Shmi's family history... since force sensitivity runs in bloodlines, it would be nice if they built and eplored a link between the Skywalker family and the old Republic.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yep, same for me and TLJ was the end of the Skywalkers instead.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    At least you'll get Force ghost Luke in Episode IX

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Ben Solo says HELLO!!! (He will be redeemed) because Disney will want to leave the option open when/if they want to revisit saga films

#saveBenSolo

19. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    It CAN run in bloodlines. Nothing has ever specified it ONLY runs in bloodlines. It can also just be random. The Force is in everyone and there are tons of Force-sensitives without Force-sensitive parents. Example: Ahsoka's parents were random peasant villagers and nobody in the area really knew anything about Jedi at all, which is why they almost handed her to a thief posing as a Jedi instead.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  20. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'm not disputing that force sensitivity can happen randomly as well, and I am well aware of Ahsoka's history till Plo Koon found her...but the Bloodline novel mentioned that it runs in some bloodlines and I feel it could be a good way to explore the history of the Skywalker family since I feel Shmi is a very under appreciated character and I want to see more of the Old Republic as well.

21. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think so, because the last one is the big bad. Even if he is somehow redeemed he will die in the process. The only way I could see him living is if they use a Revan or Kyle Katarn angle.

22. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    After what happened in The Last Jedi, I hope Skywalker will end.
    [​IMG]

23. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    You do realize that there's more than one of them right?

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Never say never.

25. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    So far there is nothing official that definitively states that Luke never fathered a child.

Mark Hamill's answer to the "are Jedi celibate" question recently does not qualify as an official statement. :) Many of those answers are pretty tongue-in-cheek and he's not the final word on it anyway.

Surely the young rebel hero who destroyed the Death Star would not have had trouble finding female companionship if he so desired (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more). After ROTJ, I could see Luke adopting that sort of Jedi lifestyle, but before that I can imagine that he might get frustrated being stuck in Leia's Friend Zone.

Or perhaps when Obi-Wan told him the truth about Leia in ROTJ, Luke was so icked out that he became celibate immediately and forever more. :p

Darkspellmaster likes this.