main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will J. K. Rowling write more Harry Potter books?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jul 25, 2007.

?

Will J. K. Rowling write more Harry Potter books?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Absolutely yes!

8.7%
  2. Definitely not.

10.1%
  3. No more books about Harry, but she might write other stories from her wizarding world

20.3%
  4. No more stories, but the talked-about "encyclopedia" and/or more textbooks are possible

42.0%
  5. I don't know and I don't care.

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poll [face_idea] by Mar17swgirl.

Please put black highlights over all spoilers.

Edit:

The HP spoiler period is over, so spoilers now have free reign in this thread. :)

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Definatly not. I just don't see anything left because Harry Potter was designed as a series

3. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I can definitely see her putting out that encyclopedia that she's talked about recently. She apparently has a lot of character backstories that she wants to tell but couldn't before the last book was released because it would have given away major plot points or there was just no room to fit them in.

Personally, I'd love to hear the back story she had for Dean Thomas as she's mentioned that in the past.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Just the encyclopedia, I think.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I clicked no. I've never heard of this before, and I know there won't be any more books about Harry -- instead of a description on the flaps, like the other six, all DH said was "This is the final installment in the epic tale of Harry Potter" or about that.

And before some (Tyi) points it out, I know, I missed the quotes [face_plain]

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I think she might do back stories about different characters.

"The early childhood of Draco Malfoy"

:p

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I don't think she'll write more about Harry (and I don't want her to - Harry's story is complete, she said so, and I'd like her to keep her word, despite the pressure from the fans. Popular opinion doesn't equal the best thing).

And while I'd really love to see more (non-Harry) stories from her world (the Marauder's adventures, for example, could be a book of short stories), I don't think she'll do it. She'll leave it to fan fiction.

On the other hand, the "encyclopedia" looks very probable - she's mentioned it several times, and I really hope she'll put it together and publish it. After all, she has tons of background information on the characters and the wizarding world itself, bits of the story she couldn't fit into the books. It would be a pity and a shame if all that went to waste... :) So a YES from me to the "encyclopedia" and possibly even an eventual textbook or two in the future, for the Comic Relief (come on, who doesn't want a Hogwarts: A History? ;)).

8. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    I dont know and I dont care.

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I think she's definitely going to do the encyclopedia. I suspect she might do some smaller stories on some side characters -- (DD vs. GG would be cool). But I think she's got enough sense to avoid doing anything like a PT or, worse, the post-ROTJ EU stuff (a Voldemort clone-o-rama, so to speak:p). Anything she does would have Harry in only a very limited role, if any.

10. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Hopefully not...

Was a good series, now she needs to move on.

If she only has HP to live off of, we might as well say goodbye to her and those godforsaken books.

Beast[face_peace]

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, Dark Lords come and go - we've seen two so far, so it's not unlikely that a new Dark Lord may arise in the future. But if she had to write about every one, she'd have to live and write forever... :p

I can imagine a book of short stories on the Marauders, for example - there's a potential for a lot of adventurous episodes. :) But definitely nothing as big as the current 7-book Harry Potter saga.

12. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Im expecting a series of spin-off stories from her.

13. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I agree with maybe a Marauders book. That would be cool.
    But I hope she does do the encyclopedia. Even though she just mentioned it, I have been looking forward to it since :D

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Actually, she's mentioned it several times in various interviews, even some time ago. I think she must've been aware of the possibility when the notes with background info started piling up. :p

Of course, it's not going to be too soon, obviously, as she wants to take a big break from HP (and who could blame her). But I think in 2-4 years we could have it... possibly after the seventh film?

15. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    I imagine the idea for the encyclopedia is part of the reason why the books began getting shorter towards the end. Unnecessary details - like characters' occupations after Hogwarts - can be omitted from the book, put in the encyclopedia.

16. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Nah, Mar. I have known for a while that she mentioned interest in writing an encyclopedia of sorts. It wasn't new to me. Looking back at that post, I shouldn't have used "just"! :p

Sorry about that.

17. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    No more books about Harry, but she might write other stories from her wizarding world :p

18. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    All I want is for JK to write Hogwarts, A History in the same style of Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, she should totally do that - especially because she refers to it so much in the books.

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    After reconsidering it, I don't think she'll write anymore books, but will instead choose to go back and re-edit the 7 once technology allows so that they finally reflect her true "vision". Among the changes will be DD in the King's Cross chapter now aged 16, sporting a man-braid and leering lecherously at Harry.

21. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    I don't know and I don't care.

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    With the neat closure and absolutely no plot lines left open, there's no way she'll write andything else besides the encyclopedia.

23. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    I hope she'll write the encyclopedia. It would be so interesting.

24. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006

25. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.