Will J. K. Rowling write more Harry Potter books?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jul 25, 2007.

?

Will J. K. Rowling write more Harry Potter books?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Absolutely yes! 6 vote(s) 8.7%
Definitely not. 7 vote(s) 10.1%
No more books about Harry, but she might write other stories from her wizarding world 14 vote(s) 20.3%
No more stories, but the talked-about "encyclopedia" and/or more textbooks are possible 29 vote(s) 42.0%
I don't know and I don't care. 13 vote(s) 18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkenobi151 Force Ghost

star 4
    She'll probably just release some information books. In an interview on a biography episode she talked about compiling deleted material from the 7 books into a book, though.
  2. MotionWright Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    She said there will be no sequel to book seven, didn't she? Either way, I don't care. I grew out of my HP obsession. :p
  3. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Don't really read these, so I'm indifferent on the matter. :p

//runs
  4. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't know. Don't care.
  5. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I doubt we'll see any more Harry Potter books but I wouldn't be surprised if she starts an entirely different series.

6. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't know, don't particularly care. :p
  7. packerfansam Jedi Knight

star 2
    If she writes anything else I'm betting it'll be an encyclopedia type of thing.
  8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    I can easily see her writing an encyclopedia of HP; or anything down that line, really. Easily. So the fourth choice in the poll.

I can also see her writing a completely new and different series entirely. She has enough money and publishing power to do just about anything, and I'm sure ideas have floated around her head for new adventures.

:)
  9. packerfansam Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will just say that it sounds like she's already doing some sort of detective story, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a series or not. But I've heard stuff about her writing other stuff back when the HP books were still coming out and it never seemed to follow through.
  10. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    No, I don't think so...heard she's writing a crime novel though.
  11. Rhodna Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm very certain that JK will write that encyclopedia, since too much interesting info has been left out of the books and it will be entertaining to see the back-stories of some characters - not to mention that I want more details on the Black clan! :D
  12. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    At first she said definitely not; but she seems to be weakening. I hope not. The series is complete...leave it.
  13. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, it's a moneymaker, there's no way more won't be written.
  14. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    I know the encyclopedia (or as J.K. Rowling is calling it "The Scottish Book") is in the works but won't be completed for a long while. lol
  15. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    I want the all important Reference Book.
  16. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    "The Scottish Book" is a joke--literally. In the sense that "MacBeth" is known as "The Scottish Play". Stage people call it that rather than its name because it is a notoriously hard-luck play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.