main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Jar Jar show up in the Clone Wars series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LawgSkrak, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    A Gungan Jedi would be cool... Jar Jar pretending to be a Jedi... [face_worried]

But then, I laughed when I heard the basic plotline for the movie, and really liked it. So, given history, I'll probably still enjoy it :)

2. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Mesa all sparkly glowy!

3. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'd guess we might see him but I'd be more interested to see the grand Gungan army showcased more. I was hoping to see them in action during RotS. When I think of Gungans, I always think of that scene in Episode 1 on the battlefield, and there's this Gungan beating the crap out of a droid, and the Gungan is bare-fisted. They are some bad mo-fo's, no questions there.

Isurus

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Because I'm a sadist, I sure hope he will.

Plus I'm immune to whatever people hate about him, aha, aha. But there should be cooler Gungans than Jar Jar appearing. Terryl Whitlatch made a concept drawing of a spotted Gungan and that was pretty interesting.

5. EmeraldSpeedster

EmeraldSpeedster Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2008
    People tend to forget that Tarpals was a perfectly reasonable being.
    Tarpals is amazing. I wish we saw more of him. Unlikely he'd be in Clone Wars unfortunately, but I'd still cast my buck towards pushing for him in the series, if only to try and challenge the stereotpyes of the Gungans just as a Jedi one would. Jedi Gungan would be hard to justify though because s/he'd have to be young, really still very early padawan age, and that would probably just add to problems rather than be the cool thing that currently rests in my mind's eye. You could say that some Gungans left the planet prior the TPM, but really, the semi-isolationist position of the kingdom kind of suggests otherwise. As for Jar Jar, I'd really like to see some redemption on his part, although it doesn't really seem likely that his tone will change at this point. Reflection on having endowed so much power into the chancellor, observing the turmoil and destruction of the Jedi order, those sorts of things. Heck, why not really challenge him and subject him to assassination attempts that alter his galaxyview? Well, I suppose the chief reason would be that this is an animated series targeting children, but it'd still be fun. It'd be nice to move away from the clumsy hijinks into serious character development. Especially for such a character with so much animosity directed towards him.

6. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I have a bad feeling we're going to see Jar Jar get the whole Anakin redux treatment in TCW. We know how Lucas gets stuck on an idea and can't let go. Don't get me wrong, I don't consider myself a Jar Jar hater, but he has def. served his purpose.

Agreed. Tarpals was pretty sweet. I laugh everytime I see him unesseccarily zap Jar Jar in TPM.

7. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I wouldn't mind it if they toned him down.

8. Solo_Watto

Solo_Watto Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2008
    I?m all for the idea of one self-contained episode being about Jar Jar, then one about Ahsoka Tano, or Aayla Secura, or Commander Cody, or Plo Koon, or Shaak Ti ect..

Just kind of really chop it up and make it quite varied from week to week.

9. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    MAN!! what happened to Star Wars fandom? There are mostly positive jar jar posts in this thread, I am assuming most of those may be made by people that were kids when Phantom Menace came out.

10. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Yes, only if he appears alongside "stinky" and Ziroo_O

11. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I was 5 when a New Hope came out.

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I actually didn't even watch Episode I when it came out, but I've read the books, seen the screenshots and a couple of clips.

It was Jar Jar in Episode II that made me decide I didn't hate him...ok, and the person who introduced me to General Grievous fangirlisms. It's a long story.

13. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I hope so! It's a big universe, i want to see them touch on all the bases.

14. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Ahmed Best did Jar Jar's voice on The Colbert Report and this awesome Robot Chicken sketch, so I don't think that doing his voice in TCW would be beneath him (especially since they got Christopher Lee and Samuel Jackson to come along). I actually feel pretty sorry for the guy, because after Star Wars his career pretty much died. :(

15. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
    I am really not a Jar Jar fan but it would be cool to see lucas incorparate him in.[face_chicken] [face_pumpkin] [face_skull] [face_monkey]

16. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Maybe they will have another battle on naboo, and the gungan army will get to be showcased again.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You mean pwned again.

18. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This may be an outrageous comment to some but Asoka comes across very much like Jar Jar minus the accent. I mean in this past episode (103) Asoka pretty much played the Jar Jar role of over-excitement and wisecracking a la TPM. I think Jar Jar is a good character that just needed toned down, the sames goes for Asoka. She needs to be toned down.

19. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I'm of the mind that not only should they not tone Jar Jar down anymore than AotC did that they should bring him back in full-on TPM mode. I mean it. Pratfalls. Bad jokes. Cowardice galore! I want the REAL Binks back. I mean it! In fact I want him to appear in a three part story arc teamed up with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sort of a Stan & Ollie sort of thing. I also want to see an episode where he's teamed up with Threepio. In the end Threeps goes back to Artoo and is like:

"You know Artoo... Maybe you aren't so bad after all."

"BWEEP?"

"Well... In comparison to Jar Jar that is."

20. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Again. NO. He's the worst character *ever* made for Star Wars. Hell, worst character made ever. He's a racist characahiture and he needs to be forgotten.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There should be a simple rule: Jar Jar, if you step in any poop, we're not letting you back on the ship.

22. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    How?

Oh, and he's in this week's comics!

23. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    You never heard of the blackface culture did you? It showed african americans in the same mannerisms as Jar Jar. Incompetent, stupid, clumbsy, pledging their service to a white man.

24. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    Yes I Have

You guys are looking far too deep into it. Children won't suddenly associate Jar Jar with those people in the cinema. George wasn't thinking about which race Jar Jar was. If following such logics, nearly EVERYONE could be classified as one or another type of stereotypes.

Comon, just because you guys don't like Jar Jar (Not that I'm very fond of him), don't go making any connections to racial and cultures like that... That's digging way to deep!

25. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Lucas may have not intended it that way, but that is how it came out. Older fans recognize the racial parallels to the way earlier portrayals of African Americans in pop culture.

It would have been entirely avoided if Jar Jar and the Gungans were given a alien language with subtitles. That way, there would be no racial connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.