main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Kylo Ren construct an exact duplicate?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Torn, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Torn

Torn Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    I have just read where Ren's lightsaber was destroyed be Rey. Will he construct one exactly like the crossguard or perhaps model one like his Grandfather?

Allana_Rey likes this.
  2. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Snoke said he was going to complete Ren's training. I think he will give him a real red lightsaber.

SateleNovelist11 and Torn like this.
  3. Torn

Torn Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    His current lightsaber appeared awkward and heavy. Good for smashing things and tantrums.

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Snoke was probably pleased that Ren killed Han. But the guy is so mysterious that I find it difficult to fathom what his aim with Ren is to do, since I don't know if they're Sith.

I'm honestly so post-ROTJ-EU novels-indoctrinated that I had a bit of trouble understanding all this alternative history in TFA. But I did like the film. I imagine Ren will make a duplicate or something original.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I suspect they only had Ren's lightsaber destroyed to leave them an out to give him a regular one in case fans really didn't like the crossguard 'saber. Still, with how many toys it's selling - and I suspect a rather more positive reaction to its vicious portrayal than that which the trailer sparked - I don't think they'd bring in a regular 'saber.

6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I hope Kylo will have a new crossguard saber in Ep VIII...but with a stable red blade this time to show that he's a true Sith in training.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  7. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Gotta say I loved his Saber since day 1 it's so scary combined with his outfit and mask that he looks like some kind of evil crusader. Lovely design. Are we sure it's broken?

I could see him doing something like double wielding or possibly a staff? I wouldn't mind just a normal saber either. I wonder what they will do with his appearance if anything. Or if he will continue with the mask

8. AllAboutThatMace

AllAboutThatMace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    Honestly I hope they don't change it, I'm a huge fan of both the crossguard design, and of the unstable appearance of the blade itself. I think both match Kylo's personality perfectly.

Sarge, Shaak Ti, JonoLFC and 4 others like this.
  9. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I was wondering about Rens static funny sounding lightsaber. Was this done on purpose to make Ren look like an amateur or did they just go with something different? Not sure if its been talked about or if there is a thread dedicated to this topic

10. Tipoca

Tipoca Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2014
    I hope it stays EXACTLY the same, its part of what set him apart and makes him special. Adds to the uniqueness of the character... it goes along with his persona.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Judging from the way Kylo was portrayed as this wimpy and emo conflicted brat, also realizing Rey's great power and she would later kick his ass in true Mary Sue fashion - can we even be wholly certain he would link up with Snoke again who would likely punish him severely for his failure and now more than ever would realize he'll be replaced by Rey. Kylo in literature and the events that took place before the movie's story setting him up as the antagonist is sold as this really powerful warrior but he does not come off like that in the movie, not by a long shot. Maybe the movie was cut a certain way to portray the characters in a different manner, but the finished result is canon and its how we judge. Kylo had this look of shock & astonishment on his damaged face when looked at Rey standing triumphant over him, he clearly was outmatched and outclassed in everyway. So would he really want another go at her, maybe if he has a death wish. Alternatively perhaps he'll end up lost in the second movie trying to find himself.

12. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    He may make a different style of lightsaber this next round. I agree that cross guard lightsaber set him apart from others before him, but you could see that it was unbalanced and was not that maneuverable for him. I think his next one would be just a single lightsaber like the rest, or we might get a double lightsaber.

13. Obi-Wan-Jon

Obi-Wan-Jon Jedi Master star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    At times during the duel with Rey, you could see where the heaviness of his sabre slowed him down and made him more awkward. But I think he likes the slower, heavier attack style that post-suit Vader employed due to his mechanics. It's another area where Ren's Vader-worship holds him back.

14. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    It would be telling if he shows up in viii, and ignites a proper red lightsaber.

15. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes we can be certain that Kylo will hook up with Snoke... because Snoke Ordered Hux to go to the forest and pick up Kylo who had fallen by that point, and bring him to Snoke. Snoke said it's time to finish Kylo's training.

16. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I liked how the saber was heavier for him. I read somewhere, don't recall where, that George Lucas initially intended for the lightsabers to mimic swords from the feudal ages in terms of weight and how they were swung. Saying that, I loved Ren's version. It was unique, but it had its positives in battle like when he went against Finn and was able to do damage to his shoulder by driving one of the cross sections into him.

17. TROR

TROR Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Well if he gets a brand new lightsaber and a brand new helmet, imagine all the brand new merchandise they can sell

18. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    I'm pretty sure the visual dictionary said his lightsaber was an ancient design and not something he came up with himself. Also the crystal he used was cracked causing the unique blade effect. Anyways I hope he sticks with the same design and heals properly to complete his training, I really liked his character.

Seagoat likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Hux being ordered to bring back Kylo, does not necessarily mean he was successful nor that he found him or that Kylo himself wanted to be found as we never see Kylo board any ship. Unless its the novel.

20. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Hux got him.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  21. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    We don't need exposition to explain every mundane detail. The order was clear enough, and there was plenty of time for Hux to complete the task. As for Kylo, if he didn't want to be found, then he'd be incinerated by the Star that formed in the place of Starkiller Base.

No... it's obvious that the intent is for Hux to save Kylo, and Kylo to continue his training with Snoke. Any other interpretation is just grasping at straws.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    In which case you have no certain proof for it to be a fact as you're trying to pass off your opinion as. It was deliberately left open which is my point. Its the way the movie ended for it to continue in whatever direction the new writer/director wants it to go, we do not know what became of Kylo Ren, since Hux had no idea where he was and he was about to be killed even when we last saw him and then the planet was exploding.

23. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Ren was portrayed as unstable and dangerous-- And it's mirrored in his Lightsaber blade. I hope they bring it back, and they definitely have to bring back the crossguard.

24. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    If Snoke knew where he was, then Hux knew. Snoke told him to go get him from the forest. This is the clear intent of the film, not my opinion.

25. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    It's also confirmed in the novelization that Hux got Kylo aboard a ship.

zackm, zam wesell2005 and EviL_eLF like this.