main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Leia die?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Or it brings them back together.

SunStar likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Apologies for not having seen your reply to my post sooner. As this isn't the place to continue the discussion, I'll take my reply over to the Luke topic. :)

3. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Or it makes them both lose the will to live, and they die.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    ot they fall in love now since Han is gone. GoT like. :p

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I see Leia returning to the allegiance of the Republic, retiring from the military eventually, and resuming roles as a senator or chancellor of the New Republic.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think she will be the last of the big three to die. And I could see her dying in X and having roles similar to the ones in TFA for IX and X.

Sadly, I think Luke will die in VIII or IX. And have a couple of cameos as a Force Ghost in the fourth trilogy. Kind of like old Spok.

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I really hope Luke doesn't die earlier than IX. He just deserves to be around at least as long as his father. Please allow him a fitting end and something important to achieve. [face_praying]

8. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    That's damn exciting.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  9. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    I would say Leia was/is the most likely of the big three to live through the whole thing. Harrison Ford always wanted Han to die so he was the first to go. Luke also seems destined to bite the bucket or at least come very close to it at some point in in the sequel trilogy. Leia probably can stay out of trouble better than Luke or Han ever could.

jaqen, MattOrgana and Allana_Rey like this.
  10. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I can't imagine Leia not wanting to confront her son after he killed Han. I'm not saying she'll die during it but I think she'll be in a fair amount of dangerous situations as well.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I just had an unsettling thought. We know that Kylo expected to be strengthened by murdering his father, but he felt weaker instead, right? So, after careful contemplation he'll conclude that the fault was in Han who was not Force sensitive, and therefore he needs to murder his mother instead because she's the one who has the Force. It will be like Highlander to Kylo; he'll believe he can kill a Jedi and take his - or her - power.

DavidSword79 and Obi-Wan Catnobi like this.
  12. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    FYI, on Wikipedia it says that Harrison Ford said, "Is he dead? He's resting."

13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Leave her death 4 the Final Trilogy. Give her the Yoda treatment.

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Carrie Fisher just starred in one of the biggest films of all time, is filming it's sequel at this very moment, and is currently a series regular in Catastrophe, a British series, and has a recurring role on a Bravo show here in the states. She's also been a press junket darling since TFA's press tour started, and she continues even with the film winding down it's theatrical run.

She's got a higher profile now than she's had in years. This is her job. The likelihood that she'd want to pack in Leia because of some internet trolls sounds pretty absurd.

15. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    Huh? I don't know what you're talking about...are you saying that Ford denies that Han is actually dead?!

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Isn't that an old Chuck Norris Joke?

17. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    For me it would be more satisfying to keep everyone alive, though perhaps move them to a different level of participation by the end of the trilogy. I would not want this to turn into Game of Thrones.where the audience was always in a state of tension wondering when a favorite character was going to be eliminated in some horrible shocking way. In my opinion it would be only pandering for shock sake if they wrote the remainder of the story in a manner that would necessitate the death of Leia, Luke, or Chewie to advance the plot. It is easy enough to let the OT characters play pivotal roles, even advance in stature, yet attenuate their direct participation. No GOT for Star Wars, please. I love them both but they are not the same thing by any measure.

Trebor Sabreon and nightangel like this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The thing is, I know more than a few people who've grown tired of the GOT thing. Like the whole idea of "anyone can die at anytime, and bad stuff happens to good people" thing was cool for awhile. But for them, it's happened so much so often that they've kind of gotten numb to it. It's no longer new/refreshing, it's stale and predictable. You're almost EXPECTING it to happen now, which kind of undermines what the whole point of it was to begin with. Oh and don't get me started on the crap-fest that was Sansa's storyline in Season 5, ugh.

So I'd prefer that SW not go down that route to.

19. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I honestly hope Leia doesn't die this trilogy. Let her go out as an old woman in the next trilogy. Let her be the voice of wisdom and backstory in episode 10. Let her have a dignified death, and I feel like she would be the most suited of the ot trio for such a death. I feel like she deserves that at least, after all this story has thrown at her

darth elyk and MattOrgana like this.
  20. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    She should grow old and pass on her wisdom and stories to the younger generations.

plaidphoenix and MattOrgana like this.
  21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I agree. Where I see Luke having to die for Rey to fully come into her own, I think Leia will live to a ripe old age having seen Kylo be redeemed and Rey taking on the mantle of defending the Republic.

22. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    A lot of people talked about how they wanted Han Solo to die in a blaze of glory.

It would, however, be a very interesting twist if Leia goes out that way (during a desperate military assault on the FO), while Han goes out with a gesture of mercy and forgiveness. A reversal of gender-based expectations, if you will.

23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I don't see it why Luke has to die for Rey to become her own important character. She is already independent and strong. :confused:

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll simply say that regardless of what Rey does or doesn't do, the audience will always be looking over her shoulder at Luke. And if you want to talk more about this, lets move it over to either the Luke or Rey thread.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I also agree, I see Leia being the one of the big three to survive through the end of the trilogy. As far as what becomes of her? No idea. Personally I'd like to see her take on the mantle of Jedi in her brother's place. But I'm not so sure about that, after what we've seen of her so far in the ST...

MattOrgana likes this.