main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Leia die?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    It carried too much dramatic weight in Empire and Jedi to dismiss it, otherwise it is just bad storytelling as a whole.

MattOrgana likes this.
  2. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    At your funeral, I'm going to go up to the podium. For 15 seconds I'm going to look downward, taking a couple deep breaths, doing my best to keep it together, and then I'll face the audience of mourners.

"This is all just--so cliched..." :rolleyes:

How did you even find this website?

Sarge likes this.
  3. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    Not quite the same analogy ... Was JediKnighWax killed off instead of dying of an old ripe age? If they killed off all the older characters who can't be in a robot or wookie costume if reeks of "thanks for giving us your movie world, so we know it's safe to make money off of it instead of trying out our own movie world... Love ya, old people. Xo your replacements, Rey, Finn and Disney."

Jedi Jessy and MattOrgana like this.
  4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    The Internet works in mysterious ways.

5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    You obviously misunderstood. When people start expecting characters to die, it's no longer exciting. It's predictable and boring.

6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I was just being goofy. I agree with you.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I was thinking that if Kylo Ren has any chance of redemption, his mother dying could be the main catalyst for that to happen. Killing his father seems like there's no way he could, but suspecting Kylo Ren might have spared Rey, as well as leaving her on Jakku, I'm thinking that there might be a chance. The lightsaber duel, call it what you will, is a hint that he was trying not to kill Rey...at least not at first, that is. Maybe he was trying to recruit her, or maybe he had a little compassion for her, but whatever the case was Kylo Ren definitely held back. Leia dying in the next film could be a wake up call, though. If it's handled beautifully, this could be Ben Solo's road to redemption.

So, yeah, if Leia dies, let it be important to the storyline...like Han's death was.

Jakku Sun Aesthetic, kip73 and Sarge like this.
  8. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
  9. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003

Yeah definitely. His conflicted nature makes this believable.

For example if you're a dark side dude, about to kill someone, you don't pause and say "You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!" For some reason he has compassion for Rey (Snoke knows this) despite his claim that he doesn't. I think this compassion shows that he's still capable of love, and he could still love his mother, but the dark side has clouded his ability to feel it. He might think that his mother is misguided for being on the light side, but I highly doubt that he considers her weak, like he did his father.

If she died, it would affect him greatly, in all likelihood.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Except that he seemed perfectly cool letting the system where his mom was (which he HAD to know at the time), get blown up. Makes no attempt to stop it whatsoever, raises not one word of protest at all, and becomes obsessed with finding Rey and the daddy instead. So yeah, I don't know that her death would effect him THAT much. Plus I still don't see the "compassion" thing in the actual film, nothing he did was even remotely compassionate that I could see.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    True...there was no sign of that in that scene. But there is one thing, though...

12. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't think Leia will die; the very fact that she's devoted her entire life to the struggle, more so even than Luke, will mean she deserves a peaceful retirement

GeneralOrgana likes this.
  13. Jakku Sun Aesthetic

Jakku Sun Aesthetic Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 22, 2016
    If you take the novel to mean anything, I think he did raise a word of protest. And it could add meaning to one of his lines with Snoke. But that's only if you think the novel adds meaning rather than it simply being an older version of the story.