main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Leia ever use the force?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DML3, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    The idea that everyone who is force sensitive must become a Jedi always seemed lame to me. I actually prefer Leia as a political leader and General. It fits her character more. Jedi Leia seems rather dull to me. I am hoping we do see her use the force in a more overt way in the future but I am glad she isn't trained as a Jedi.

If Finn ended up being force sensitive I would hope his character would go in this direction as well. I'd like to see more force sensitive characters who are untrained take a prominent place in Star Wars fiction. Just because you have the talent doesn't mean you have the desire to do the whole Jedi thing.

laurethiel1138, jaqen and Dra--- like this.
  2. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    In Episode 6, Yoda tells Luke, "Pass on what you have learned." Later, Luke tells Leia, "You have that power, too. In time, you'll learn to use it as I have."

...So, yeah. We need to see Leia do more with the force than stare off in a daze and hearing Luke's call for help or sensing someone's death. I can't help but to think that all of us who saw that movie years ago always assumed that she would learn to use the force in some significant way as her life went on. Maybe not becoming a full-on "Jedi". But, SOME specific active skills. It would be nice to see that just for confirmation that Luke showed her some things. In fact, I feel that we need to see it.

3. thescavenger

thescavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016

Imagine in VIII or IX, at a moment when Leia is in deep trouble, and she desperately uses the force to save herself/Resistance/Ben(?). Like how amazing would that be to know that Luke has taught her the ways of the force, but she decided not to pursue to the Jedi life, but is still able to use it when circumstances requires her to. That would be sort of a twist, wouldn't it?

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think this is it, entirely.

They are literally labeled in fairy tale roles. Knights and a Princess. Yes, a good deal of princesses ought to have been trained in an entry level of "self defense" or swordsmanship but the role of a Princess is vastly different than the role of a Knight.

5. Inanna

Inanna Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    I believe that Leia used the Force in ESB when Luke was dangling below Cloud City. She heard/felt Luke calling to her when she and Lando were following Boba Fett with Han. She knew where he was..

Sarge likes this.
  6. Darth Fetta

Darth Fetta Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2015
    This might sound nuts but how about a confrontation with Snoke trying to off Ben for someone more powerful. She goes ape**** crazy like a mother who's lost everything and everyone. It's built up over the decades and goes full blown red-eyed sith with force lightning. Says something like leave my son alone! That would be cool. Leia never knew you had it in you..

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    I can see her using lightning and being appalled a herself for doing it... or even a force choke here or there...

Sarge likes this.
  8. jedistarfire

jedistarfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2015
    I hope Leia at least knows how to use the force if needed but chooses tobe a Gen. Maybe she'll be a jedi know because of Hans death and the Resistance being almost destroyed.

jaqen likes this.
  9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Leia will use the Force in her last moments.... in an epic final act.

Wildcatbarry and jedistarfire like this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    She no doubt was taught to trust her feelings more which probably resulted in very strong perception and awareness abilities.

jedistarfire, Force22 and Sarge like this.
  11. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014

The scene might come across as a bit dramatic...but yes, this. I'm not sure I want to see her jumping around with a lightsaber, but knowing she can use the Force when she so desires would be a sight to see.

12. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Leia was crucial to the plot of VII. In fact, perhaps even more so than ever. Carrie Fisher was in a supporting role, but she was a key point in the marketing of the film, and her role was not a blink-and-you'll-miss-her cameo at all. And she certainly was in the film far more than her "twin brother", something absolutely not a single person expected.

Her, and Luke's, roles are also due for expansion in VIII and IX. Obviously TFA was Han's final hurrah, and so arguably the most popular of the big 3 got the lion's share, but we have two other films left to explore Leia and Luke a bit further (though they won't be leads, which should go without saying).

laurethiel1138, MattOrgana and Sarge like this.
  13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Just 1 Force push is all I ask.

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Leia's my favorite of the Big 3 and I never assumed that. I always assumed Leia would follow her own pursuits and passions, and that would include a little Force training, but that she'd otherwise prioritize her career, marriage and kids over any serious Force training.

Jedi Leia just never really fit with me. I do want at least one action sequence with Leia where she uses the Force, or even a blaster fight, just to show she's strong in it, but I do not have any desire to see a heavily Force trained Leia. And I never have.

You can show her potential without making her a carbon copy of Luke. Luke grew up dreaming of a special life beyond; becoming a Jedi meant everything to him, it filled a void and gave him purpose. Leia already had that and thus has no reason to make Jedi training important to her existence.

15. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Agreed.

The idea of a "Jedi Leia" never really intrigued me much. She's a general and a damn good leader, I think she uses the force in ways that aide her in that arena. Now, in the coming movies if she is thrown in a situation that absolutely forces the need out of her to use it physically, I could see it happening.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I just had a thought about the old 3 in the 3 new movies; maybe each of them will get a big part in one of the three movies. Han had the big role in TFA, I'm guessing Luke will have a big part as the mentor who passes on at the end of 8, then Leia unexpectedly steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the park in 9. Never mess with the mama bear!

MattOrgana likes this.
  17. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Yeah, no Jedi Leia. She's a politician/leader type. She's got too much Padme in her.

Although I would love to see a New Republic lead by Chancellor Leia Organa Solo working with a New Jedi Order lead by Luke Skywalker. Anakin and Padme's children doing what they never got the chance to do by leading the galaxy.

jaqen, QueenSabe7 and MattOrgana like this.
  18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Leia used the Force in V, VI, and VII. We haven't seen her use it in combat, and she may not be trained in any significant way, but it definitely flows through her and is a defining trait of her character.

jaqen, QueenSabe7, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  19. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I believe she used it in IV as well. That's how Vader didn't sense her. A little like Palpatine could mask his force, but she didn't know she was using it. Of course, this force ability only comes after the ROTJ retcon. But if she was Vader's daughter, and had the force, the only explanation for her to go undetected was that she used the force without knowing it.

Sarge and MattOrgana like this.
  20. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    She also resisted Vader's interrogation and torture in ANH. We never got to see it on screen, but maybe it was something like Rey resisting Kylo's interrogation, while Poe couldn't.

jaqen, Sarge and Force22 like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yes, Vader was impressed by her resistance to his mind probe. It seemed like he didn't expect a muggle to keep secrets from him.

jaqen and MattOrgana like this.
  22. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Maybe he even thought "the Force is strong with this one", like he did with Luke, during the attack on the Death Star, or maybe the Force really hid its presence in Leia, in order to protect her.

23. Evetssteve10

Evetssteve10 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 21, 2015
    Leia simply chose a different path in life than Luke but no less important. She was never meant to be a Jedi, but she has a power that she handed down to her son and that she can feel and has shown she can feel it. However she is interested in other aspects of life and has other goals than her brother and son

Force22 and IoJovi like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Yes. And it's going to be awesome.

MattOrgana likes this.
  25. Ullianos

Ullianos Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    I sure hope so. The fact that the only consequence of being Luke's twin sister and daughter of Anakin is just an a-hole son is kind of meh. A force using General sounds pretty bad ass in my opinion. Then again I just hope she doesn't spend time being on the sidelines mostly because of those unseen responsibilities.